🐺 Longview Lobos football 2023

Lion7000

On 2/4/2023 at 3:01 PM, Coach Rab said:

This is just hearsay, but I’ve also heard from some people on the expansion committee that Aledo does not plan on building a 2nd high school.  If it is needed, then they are more likely to build a new 9th grade center and use the current 9th grade space to allow 10-12 to spread out more.

I want Longview to do that. Build a separate 9th grade nearby to help with the transition from middle to high, and thus giving more room for 10-12 grades. 

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I want Longview to do that. Build a separate 9th grade nearby to help with the transition from middle to high, and thus giving more room for 10-12 grades. 

Building a new school just for 9th grade is an excellent way to justify a few new athletic facilities to accommodate the growth in athletics as well.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

Building a new school just for 9th grade is an excellent way to justify a few new athletic facilities to accommodate the growth in athletics as well.  

Preeeeeeach! 

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Unless things have changed since I roamed the halls of LHS, we did have what you call a 9th grade "hall" or wing. Aka, the skywalk/coliseum area. 

We never saw upperclassmen (except in foreign language or fine arts classes), had our own principal's....our own teachers....

I get what you're saying about an official 9th campus, just sorta thought LHS kinda had that in place.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Unless things have changed since I roamed the halls of LHS, we did have what you call a 9th grade "hall" or wing. Aka, the skywalk/coliseum area. 

We never saw upperclassmen (except in foreign language or fine arts classes), had our own principal's....our own teachers....

I get what you're saying about an official 9th campus, just sorta thought LHS kinda had that in place.

Dude! I'm trying to hatch some schemes here, stop blowing me up with your facts!  :woot:

• LOL! 4

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Ah yes. The Freshman Wing. I remember that. Back when I was a Freshman and Sophomore, we had that block schedule of A and B days. My B days were only in that wing, except for football. My A days were everywhere BUT that (Latin, Electives, Football) ha.

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ah yes. The Freshman Wing. I remember that. Back when I was a Freshman and Sophomore, we had that block schedule of A and B days. May B days were only in that wing, except for football. My A days were everywhere BUT that (Latin, Electives, Football) ha.

Iv only been to lobo stadium a couple of times, on the visitor side..is the press box attached to the school?

43 minutes ago, ToddG said:

Iv only been to lobo stadium a couple of times, on the visitor side..is the press box attached to the school?

Sort of? The way it was, there was a gym up in that building, and Longview used the surrounding areas as weight rooms and such. I think it's all changed, but I'm pretty sure that entire building is athletics-based. Or Athletics and band or something. Mr. P would know a lot more. 

Congrats to Taylor Tatum, Jalen Hale, Billy Smith, TaDarion Boone and Willie Nelson on making the 5A all state team.

Longview had the 2nd most players on the all state list behind SOC. We return 3 of them.

Edited by ANTI
  • Like 5

On 2/7/2023 at 1:18 PM, ANTI said:

It was added my senior year

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ANTI said:

Congrats to Taylor Tatum, Jalen Hale, Billy Smith, TaDarion Boone and Willie Nelson on making the 5A all state team.

Longview had the 2nd most players on the all state behind SOC. We return 3 of them.

2 points: Your post is a little misleading, team should be plural. There were several. And not all those players mentioned were 1st team. 

I feel like Tatum got snubbed by not being 1st team RB. Especially since the College Station kid made it. I think Tatum is a better back. 

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

2 points: Your post is a little misleading, team should be plural. There were several. And not all those players mentioned were 1st team. 

You have to be 1st team in order to be considered all state?

That's news to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

"......making the 5A all state team." They have it broken up into 3 teams. You made it sound like it was just one. Like it said your post was a little misleading. 

I mean....all state teams are released every single year. I think we all know how it's broken down by now. Sorta goes without saying.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

My class was the last class to see the old tennis courts that use to be between the coliseum and cat building. 

I remember back in 87 or 88 being at Lobo relays and the other schools thinking Longview was a college compared to their schools. Longview really is big nice school.