Who will win this year's district title?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this year's district title?

• Chapel hill Bulldogs
    • Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Lindale Eagles
    • Jacksonville Indians
    • Palenstine Wildcats
    • Athens Hornets
    • Henderson Lions

Kilgore probably wins District. 
Henderson will be most improved but that won’t take much. Chapel Hill and Lindale make the playoffs.

Palestine takes a step back. 

Athens stays the same. 

Henderson /Jacksonville winner gets the 4th seed.

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

Henderson will be most improved but that won’t take much. Chapel Hill and Lindale make the playoffs.

Athens stays the same. 

So I was wondering about Kilgore they have alot to replace alot of starters on the offensive side of the ball QB, RB, and 4 out 5 offensive linemen. 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

So I was wondering about Kilgore they have alot to replace alot of starters on the offensive side of the ball QB, RB, and 4 out 5 offensive linemen. 🤔 

I feel like Kilgore will be fine at RB, thats a place that consistently produces quality backs....young QB looked solid in his first action Saturday...WR's will be stout....how the OL matures will really tell the tale

5 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I feel like Kilgore will be fine at RB, thats a place that consistently produces quality backs....young QB looked solid in his first action Saturday...WR's will be stout....how the OL matures will really tell the tale

Got to win in the trenches...7 on 7 Saturday, you headed out this way?

10 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

Well basing mostly on history and they’re well coached. Very consistent. Lindale has a similar design as well but seems like they’re not as good for some reason. Chapel Hill is starting that upward trend after years of  being mediocre. I could see either one of those teams winning District. Looks like Chapel Hill might be the most competitive based on what coming back. Right now is just guessing this district will be highly competitive. 

12 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

Kilgore is replacing 3 out of 5 OL. However, I believe the O-Line will be bigger than last year.

Running Back shouldn't be a problem at all. They have 3-4 guys capable of running the rock pretty well.

QB should be just fine and bring a different spark and energy from the past couple seasons.

It may take a couple games for Kilgore to gel like last season, but undoubtedly see them competing for the district championship once again. 

Edited by HJR7

3 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Kilgore is replacing 3 out of 5 OL. However, I believe the O-Line will be bigger than last year.

Running Back shouldn't be a problem at all. They have 3-4 guys capable of running the rock pretty well.

QB should be just fine and bring a different spark and energy from the past couple seasons.

It may take a couple games for Kilgore to gel like last season, but undoubtedly see them competing for the district championship once again. 

Man if the oline gels then you guys a great chance. Kinda scary going in with that inexperience. However, you have good coaching so more than likely the dogs will be just fine.

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

Man if the oline gels then you guys a great chance. Kinda scary going in with that inexperience. However, you have good coaching so more than likely the dogs will be just fine.

Definitely.  Defensively,  I think the secondary will be the strength of the team. Linebackers look strong as well.

5 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

looks like the same in Lindale boat, they have 1 of 5 starting Oline coming back. Poe he is good but how were their back ups from last year 

Lindale should be fine overall. Going to be young on the off. line from what I can tell, but they were young on the off. line in 2020 as well.

I believe the Eagles were missing several starters at the Kilgore 7 on 7 because the baseball team is still in the playoffs. Baseball team is in the 3rd round against PG this week, so I think some of those guys will probably not be available for the Chapel Hill 7 on 7 either.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 5:22 PM, Mojo1000 said:

Athens stays the same. 

Hendo and JVille lost their best athletes. Palestine literally returning every one AND some.. where and how do they step back!? 🤔🤔

9 hours ago, LordSensei said:

Hendo and JVille lost their best athletes. Palestine literally returning every one AND some.. where and how do they step back!? 🤔🤔

Henderson will be just fine . They were far better than their record . Palestine always has that but rarely does anything with it.