Who will win this year's district title?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this year's district title?

• Chapel hill Bulldogs
    • Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Lindale Eagles
    • Jacksonville Indians
    • Palenstine Wildcats
    • Athens Hornets
    • Henderson Lions

25 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I don't either, but it's still Gilmer.... and they never go down easily. Thankfully we're playing at our house.

Gilmer going to score points. They have some dudes running the ball. Pass game is not much to worry about. They will get you with a quick pass a  few times but other then that, no real down field threat. CH ran right at them and didn’t seem to have a problem. I see Kilgore winning BUT Kilgore will have to score some points to do it. 

32 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Gilmer going to score points. They have some dudes running the ball. Pass game is not much to worry about. They will get you with a quick pass a  few times but other then that, no real down field threat. CH ran right at them and didn’t seem to have a problem. I see Kilgore winning BUT Kilgore will have to score some points to do it. 

Thanks for the info. Gilmer is going to be in a bind if they plan on beating Kilgore with a run game and a shoddy defense. I do expect them to pop 2 or 3 home runs with the backs they have, but if they can't stop the run then Kilgore will light up the scoreboard. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Which ones surprise you? I’m not criticizing, I’m curious to hear your opinion. 

Actually, the last two. I could see either Gilmer or Kilgore winning their matchup. I think Lindale will beat PT by at least 10 and Henderson covering Hallsville by a lot less.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Actually, the last two. I could see either Gilmer or Kilgore winning their matchup. I think Lindale will beat PT by at least 10 and Henderson covering Hallsville by a lot less.

I guess I get caught up in PT being a 5A. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I think that game will be close. Interesting perspective. Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Thanks for the info. Gilmer is going to be in a bind if they plan on beating Kilgore with a run game and a shoddy defense. I do expect them to pop 2 or 3 home runs with the backs they have, but if they can't stop the run then Kilgore will light up the scoreboard. 

Is it still a Tennyson playing QB? 

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

WOW to the matchups in bold!

its the computer odds not mine

Kilgore handles business and wins by 14 

Henderson wins by 3 at home in a thriller over hallsville 

Lindale will put a beating on Pine tree and win by 17

9 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

That's the name I heard on the Red Zone last night. How many Tennyson's can they have? And Fluellen's for that matter.

he is a Júnior this year and its the younger bother of the QB 2 years ago when they lost to china springs in the state championship 

at Glimer and at Gladewater there is Alot of Tennisons  

17 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

he is a Júnior this year and its the younger bother of the QB 2 years ago when they lost to china springs in the state championship 

at Glimer and at Gladewater there is Alot of Tennisons  

Yeah, Gilmer is gonna be just fine. Give em time, they will get that defense fixed. I bet they go 2-3 deep at least 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Yeah, Gilmer is gonna be just fine. Give em time, they will get that defense fixed. I bet they go 2-3 deep at least 

I agree. Gilmer is much better then there fans are giving them credit for. They just played a CH offense that is very explosive! 
I see them playing into December. 

CH offensive line play and running game looks improved from last year. 

Defense and special teams were surprisingly disappointing. Needs lots of work but I think they have the talent to have a pretty good defense. Hopefully just first game jitters😅

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

After one game:

What is one area that your team impressed you the most?

What is one area where your team needs improvement?

Just my opinion:

I'd say the Defensive Line impressed me for Kilgore, I knew coming it they would have questions after losing all their starters. 

One area of improvement: I would say no deep ball (not saying we don't have a threat or a QB who can throw deep) I think that would have open Carthage defense up just a little bit more.

14 hours ago, KildogDad said:

After one game:

What is one area that your team impressed you the most?

What is one area where your team needs improvement?

Impressed: Running game did not look like it missed a beat even though Lindale is replacing almost their entire offensive line

Needs Improvement: Special Teams...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

1) Which game will be a blowout in favor of our district?

2) Which game will be the closest game?

3) Which game will be a blowout in favor of the opponent not in our district?

1) Chapel Hill/Van

2) Kilgore/Gilmer

3) Henderson/Hallsville

Screenshot_20230829_190434_Chrome.jpg