Pilot Point open

Slickarick

9 hours ago, bradbankman said:

I think the article said he was in year 1 but I didn't know if that was accurate.

This was Peacocks first year as head coach. 

Lots of tradition at PP. Should be a place where a coach could be successful.

30 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Not great this is playing out with dueling letters being publicized....sounds like a lot of turmoil locally and whoever they hire will probably have to do a lot of fence mending

Yes this does not look for PP man sounds like a TV show

So was Peacock hired as head football coach by Danny David's recommendation and the board approved it for 1 year(which is what David had left on his contract before retirement)?   Did the board not see eye to eye with Danny David the Mentor and Peacock the Protege?  This letter sounds like a lot of cover up is taking place to please the community that no harm was done to anyone.

Edited by blackandgoldeagle

20 minutes ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

Stay FAR away from this one.  Administration is not supportive of athletics.

Which is crazy because Pilot Point is High school football the tradition sets it apart from other schools just crazy how times have changed there

• Like 1

Wow!!! So basically it boils down to:

1. PP not offering him a multi-year deal until he threatened to quit (if you believe the admin)

2. Admin. refusing to hire who the AD wanted to hire.

3. AD wanting to have control over all the athletic departments and admin. refusing to go along with it.

4. Admin. telling the AD who to hire for the head girls track coach because she was popular with the parents (and I am betting that's who admin. wanted to make the girls AD in the first place)...but that's just me reading between the lines and knowing how admins think!!! 

I would say that there are probably more problems that aren't specifically mentioned in this official letter!!! And I would bet most of the flack is coming from the girls side parents who want their choice to be the girls AD...and again...that's just reading between the lines and many years of experience speaking!! 

Edited by blesseddaily
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

1. PP not offering him a multi-year deal until he threatened to quit (if you believe the admin)

3. AD wanting to have control over all the athletic departments and admin. refusing to go along with it.

4. Admin. telling the AD who to hire for the head girls track coach because she was popular with the parents (and I am betting that's who admin. wanted to make the girls AD in the first place)...but that's just me reading between the lines and knowing how admins think!!! 

I would say that there are probably more problems that aren't specifically mentioned in this official letter!!! And I would bet most of the flack is coming from the girls side parents who want their choice to be the girls AD...and again...that's just reading between the lines and many years of experience speaking!! 

Track coach is male, not female

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

I know a guy that interviewed there a year ago.  he got told by Admin that "PP is no longer a football school".   He couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

I know a guy that interviewed there a year ago.  he got told by Admin that "PP is no longer a football school".   He couldn't get out of there fast enough.

And most, if not all veteran coaches that are looking for an AD job will see the "letter" and run!!!! There are so many red flags here, and I guarantee you this is only the tip of the iceberg!!! If this much has been made public, look out for the "rest of the story" as ole' Paul Harvey would say!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

I'm a little confused or missed something here. The letter said the coach was offered a 1 year contract in his initial year so the district could evaluate him as a first year AD. But what about this year, when they reviewed his contract, was he given another 1 year contract? 

I think so, then later after he threatened to leave, so they made the 2 year offer.  But an earlier poster said PP would have a hard time getting an experienced AD after the posting of the “letter” and that this was just the tip of the iceberg as far as problems in PP.  Expect MANY more changes to come soon there, it’s not a good place to be coaching right now.  Which is a shame, with all the tradition they have there.

• Like 1