Late Movement

Cowboy4L

21 hours ago, Cowboy4L said:

Seems to be a lot of late movement this year in the head coaching world. Lubbock Roosevelt opened today. They were just in the semifinals in 2021.

Peaster opened up yesterday.  3A school in West Ft Worth.  Top notch everything but football school.

10 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Tough district for football.  

Yep.  Just being in the district with Brock takes you out of contention for the district title most years.  Also, I am curious on how many of their basketball players play football.  I would guess 0 or almost 0.  You can't win that district in basketball, and not have athletes to compete well in football.

I actually interviewed at Peaster a few years ago and I will say that the AD there was a piece of work.  I am shocked that he lasted as long as he did.

18 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

Peaster opened up yesterday.  3A school in West Ft Worth.  Top notch everything but football school.

interesting not on TASA or THSCA yet. Listed on region 11. Internal hire maybe?

56 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

I've noticed a trend recently where coaches are retiring later to help one of their guys get the job.  Not sure if that's the case here or not.

Not from what I’ve heard unless they let him retire as a retire/fire

20 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

Not from what I’ve heard unless they let him retire as a retire/fire

As long as it takes to get the paperwork done from the central office and TRS, it's impossible to "hide" your retirement......the process begins in late February, early March if you don't want to go without a check for the first month of your retirement.........lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

I've noticed a trend recently where coaches are retiring later to help one of their guys get the job.  Not sure if that's the case here or not.

Looking at their record the last 3 years, hiring from within probably not a good idea. 

11 hours ago, bcretired said:

Looking at their record the last 3 years, hiring from within probably not a good idea. 

You need an AD/HFC that understands that basketball is the priority in Peaster, but they also want them to compete in football.  

The new AD/HFC also can't be a complete ####### to everyone in the town and school and expect to keep their job.  I wish I was just reflecting the views of one parent, but this or something similar to it has come from every single person I know in Peaster.  Not to mention that I interviewed with the guy... When I turned down the job offer he said "Why?  Do you think you can find a better job?"  My answer was "I already have a better job, and you definitely just confirmed that."

4 hours ago, Coach Rab said:

You need an AD/HFC that understands that basketball is the priority in Peaster, but they also want them to compete in football.  

The new AD/HFC also can't be a complete ####### to everyone in the town and school and expect to keep their job.  I wish I was just reflecting the views of one parent, but this or something similar to it has come from every single person I know in Peaster.  Not to mention that I interviewed with the guy... When I turned down the job offer he said "Why?  Do you think you can find a better job?"  My answer was "I already have a better job, and you definitely just confirmed that."

The arrogance level of some head football coaches is so overwhelmingly insane it is almost impossible to imagine.

The longer I stay in the business the more I just laugh at most of these dudes. They think they know everything and are the first ones to run from work.

These do as I say not as I do "leaders" are a complete joke.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

this is a real kick in the pants

We should keep these incidents in mind when we hear talk about "assistant coaches being loyal" or "assistant coaches leaving". Now in the month of June, the kids at this school are left holding the bag along with all assistant coaches that have a stake in the program. 

32 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

We should keep these incidents in mind when we hear talk about "assistant coaches being loyal" or "assistant coaches leaving". Now in the month of June, the kids at this school are left holding the bag along with all assistant coaches that have a stake in the program. 

Be loyal to people not to a school district. I’ve learned that one the hard way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 12:28 PM, dogs3505 said:

lots of movement late the last few years.  there will be a few more by july.

Absolutely.  I"ve recently noticed fiber, fruit, especially watermelon and plenty of water helps things move on down the pipeline!

Edited by Doomer
  • LOL! 1

Trevor Owens- DC from Idalou is the new head coach, and Shane Mobley is the AD according to my sources. Any comments on the hire?

1 hour ago, bcretired said:

Trevor Owens- DC from Idalou is the new head coach, and Shane Mobley is the AD according to my sources. Any comments on the hire?

Don't know either one...or the guy that WAS there either but I do know that things can go sideways pretty quickly in smaller districts. Best of luck to the new guys.

Alot of late movement is used to get matchups into your team's favor. For instance a reciever may go into motion to avoid a double-team situation. A fullback may move up to flanker position to more easily make an important block on a devastating pass rusher. A tailback can go in motion for a quick swing pass in order to have a chance a out-racing a defender to the corner of the endzone in a short yardage situation. Movement matters!