State Rings Franklin Football

lionpride08

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I truly believe we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Back 2 Back 

Screenshot_20230518-223717_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks awesome!

So who is gonna be the one two punch with Jayden next year now that Washington is at Baylor? How much will yall lose off these back to back title teams? is it a reload or a year of rebuilding?

Edited by Allheartnoquit

29 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Looks awesome!

So who is gonna be the one two punch with Jayden next year now that Washington is at Baylor? How much will yall lose off these back to back title teams? is it a reload or a year of rebuilding?

Don't really know tbh but we didn't bring a lot last year either.

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

What do they have coming back for this coming year?

Jackson is returning on both sides of the ball.  He’s a man amongst boys.  Jackson also has a younger brother that should help.  I understand they have a move in QB from Rockdale.  He’s a pretty good athlete. 
Lionpride will chime in. 
My bet is the Lion’s will be a heavy favorite to 3 peat. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Jackson is returning on both sides of the ball.  He’s a man amongst boys.  Jackson also has a younger brother that should help.  I understand they have a move in QB from Rockdale.  He’s a pretty good athlete. 
Lionpride will chime in. 
My bet is the Lion’s will be a heavy favorite to 3 peat. 

How about Yoe?

12 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

How about Yoe?

Yoe will have their QB and RB returning.  That’s always helpful on offense.   They will be solid at the skilled positions. 
Yoe’s issues is if they can come up with solid kids on the O-line and the D-line.  They need to stay healthy.   Injuries really hit them hard at the end last year. 
Just like last season Yoe will most likely be competing for that 2nd seed in district behind Franklin but stranger things could happen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Yoe will have their QB and RB returning.  That’s always helpful on offense.   They will be solid at the skilled positions. 
Yoe’s issues is if they can come up with solid kids on the O-line and the D-line.  They need to stay healthy.   Injuries really hit them hard at the end last year. 
Just like last season Yoe will most likely be competing for that 2nd seed in district behind Franklin but stranger things could happen. 

While we are at it, how about Lorena?

On 5/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, yoenation79 said:

Anytime you bring back two D1 running backs (Washington & Jackson) I believe Franklin had a core base returning. 

Jackson wasn't a D1 back until after this season. He didn't play much last year. He backed up the older Washington and his older brother #24 Murphy. But we had to replace most the line from the year before and you know like I do that makes a huge difference. Can't run the ball if no one blocks

11 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Jackson wasn't a D1 back until after this season. He didn't play much last year. He backed up the older Washington and his older brother #24 Murphy. But we had to replace most the line from the year before and you know like I do that makes a huge difference. Can't run the ball if no one blocks

I watched some of the film. The OL looked pretty dang good to me. Will most of them be back? 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:02 AM, yoenation79 said:

Question --did Tim Grice enroll at Yoe?

On 5/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, yoenation79 said:

Grice hasn’t enrolled at Yoe as of today. 

If he establishes  residence in Cameron ISD  this summer, he will not be eligible for varsity participation  until the 2nd semester--is that correct?

13 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

If he establishes  residence in Cameron ISD  this summer, he will not be eligible for varsity participation  until the 2nd semester--is that correct?

If establishes residency in Cameron ISD and has a clean PAPF, he'll be eligible

If he etablishes residency in Cameron ISD and doesn't have a clean PAPF, the DEC and/or SEC will decide

If  he doesn't establish residency in Cameron ISD and enrolls, he's ineligible for at least one year