Regional Semi-finals

RETIREDFAN1

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Good stuff for the Lobos.   Longview almost had the same scenario as Carthage did, but the Lobos were able to get some ground ball outs and made the plays when it counted.

I swear, these kids will get themselves into trouble, but almost always find a way out of it. It's incredibly stressful as a fan, but it's a huge credit to their composure. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Beckville with the run-rule W, 13-0 in 5 innings. They saved their #1 for game 2. 

Douglass bounced back and walked it off in Game 2, 3-2. Hats off to them for digging deep and not getting down after taking a whooping in game 1. Game 3 is Saturday at Nacogdoches High School. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I swear, these kids will get themselves into trouble, but almost always find a way out of it. It's incredibly stressful as a fan, but it's a huge credit to their composure. 

For sure.  They are in uncharted territory.  No one expected them to still be playing.  Just go out, have fun, and play ball.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:10 PM, Fiddlesticks said:

Saw where Gunter owned tatum tonight. Good season for tatume I hear but they seem way outmatched this series. Haven't played anyone good since preseason and it's showing. 

Gunter won game two last night 11-1 to win the series.

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s hard for the small East Texas schools to compete with the metroplex schools. 

Exactly.  That's why the 4A and below schools in East Texas that are on the border of being region II or region III usually do better in the club oriented sports (volleyball, softball, baseball) when they are in Region III.  Like you said, the closer the ET teams get to playing the metroplex schools the harder it is to compete in club oriented sports.

I'm speaking in general.  I'm sure there are exceptions of ET small schools getting to state from Region II.

• Like 1