๐Ÿบ Longview Lobos football 2023

Lion7000

22 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

One of these days we will figure out how to keep our kids from moving and maybe even attract some others from around. ย One of these days.

Tatum was never "yours" though. Lol

He played little league for the Mustangs. He came on home where he was supposed to be.ย 

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Tatum was never "yours" though. Lol

He played little league for the Mustangs. He came on home where he was supposed to be.ย 

Stop being so sensitive ANTI. ย The point is not whether Tatum is ours or not. ย The point is SH needs to make some adjustments to create a culture where athletic kids want to stay and others want to come be a Panther.

54 minutes ago, hitemwheretheyaint said:

Good place to start would be having the AD the Head Football Coach.ย 

But we don't. ย I have been pleased with the AD thus far for the most part. ย He is fully aware of the culture issues and is working with the coaching staff to slowly address them.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:02 AM, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Spring Hillโ€™s* Tatumย 

Pretty sure he spent some time in Carthage as a youngster.ย  I worked with his Dad,a Carthage grad, and they lived here then.ย  Wish he was here, but happy as heck to see him in the green and gold.ย  Hope they get that title this season.ย  I will be cheering them on every game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, JBizzle said:

Pretty sure he spent some time in Carthage as a youngster.ย  I worked with his Dad,a Carthage grad, and they lived here then.ย  Wish he was here, but happy as heck to see him in the green and gold.ย  Hope they get that title this season.ย  I will be cheering them on every game.

I am assuming he is related to Roscoe Tatum? IIRC he ran track at TCU back in the mid-80s.

On 5/25/2023 at 3:12 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

But we don't. ย I have been pleased with the AD thus far for the most part. ย He is fully aware of the culture issues and is working with the coaching staff to slowly address them.

What sport does the AD Coach if not football?

51 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

He does not coach a sport.

Truth be told there is no reason to have an AD only at a high school unless that AD is ย the AD in district with multiple high schools or middle schools. In smaller schools or even larger schools if that school is the only high school in town the AD needs to be the AD/Head Football Coach. The schools that have straight ADs rarely win in football and are searching for a new Head Football Coach every year or every other year. A huge chuck of the money that should be going to the head football coach instead is going to the AD and search committees dang near every year or every other year looking for their next head football coach. These ADs only too often micromanage all the sports leading to huge turnovers across the board. ย Look at all the successful football programs year in and year out in E Texas. All of these programs are run by AD/Head Football Coaches. Most of these programs are very successful in other sports too.

Now if you were the parent of a child as gifted as Taylor Tatum is where would you want him going to high school?ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hitemwheretheyaint said:

Truth be told there is no reason to have an AD only at a high school unless that AD is ย the AD in district with multiple high schools or middle schools. In smaller schools or even larger schools if that school is the only high school in town the AD needs to be the AD/Head Football Coach. The schools that have straight ADs rarely win in football and are searching for a new Head Football Coach every year or every other year. A huge chuck of the money that should be going to the head football coach instead is going to the AD and search committees dang near every year or every other year looking for their next head football coach. These ADs only too often micromanage all the sports leading to huge turnovers across the board. ย Look at all the successful football programs year in and year out in E Texas. All of these programs are run by AD/Head Football Coaches. Most of these programs are very successful in other sports too.

Now if you were the parent of a child as gifted as Taylor Tatum is where would you want him going to high school?ย 

Brock would like a word......

1 hour ago, hitemwheretheyaint said:

I hear what youโ€™re saying. ย But the decision is already made. ย So we will just have to make the best of it. ย As long a SH is in a district with Gilmer, PG, and LE we will always be playing for the 4th place spot in football. ย It is what it is.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 7:57 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

I hear what youโ€™re saying. ย But the decision is already made. ย So we will just have to make the best of it. ย As long a SH is in a district with Gilmer, PG, and LE we will always be playing for the 4th place spot in football. ย It is what it is.

I think the point is it doesn't HAVE to be what it is. If that's the mindset going in, I guarantee that's all all they'll ever accomplish. There's a poster in the halls of White Oak Middle School that reads, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." If people only knew how true that is.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 7:57 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Average thinking. You will always fail with that mindset whatever you do in life.ย 

11 minutes ago, Five0pd310 said:

I think the point is it doesn't HAVE to be what it is. If that's the mindset going in, I guarantee that's all all they'll ever accomplish. There's a poster in the halls of White Oak Middle School that reads, "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." If people only knew how true that is.

Exactly +1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Mojo - if you really think that comment is the difference between Gilmer, PG and SH in football, you need to watch more football.

Average mentality. Pg used to be an afterthought now a champion contender. Your coach reflects the team and if you think you have no chance youโ€™re already defeated.ย 

• Like 1