🐺 Longview Lobos football 2023

Lion7000

5 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

What is the outlook on Longview next year? Losing hale will be huge but who else? Tatum got another year right? This seems like one of those championships that got away. I assume Longview would have been a favorite against college station.

Go check out the Lobo team thread on 6A.

What you want to see is there.

• Thanks 2

I'm sure this has already been said but longview needs a new offensive identity they when alot of games now just cause there guys most time across the board are better but when they line up against a team that can match them or may actually be better there current offense turns into a liability. There is a reason that offense isn't ran that much anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope so. I was really bothered that Longview will not be bringing home a state championship. I really enjoyed watching this team. From the snippets I saw on the news for spring football and to Longview gameday. It was a pleasure watching them.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I hope so. I was really bothered that Longview will not be bringing home a state championship. I really enjoyed watching this team. From the snippets I saw on the news for spring football and Longview gameday. It was a pleasure watching them.

Loss hurts me a ton. 

But anyway....a lot of these QBs both at LHS and coming up the ranks are working with trainers.

But beyond that, the talent level at QB is about to go up quite a bit. 

Johnny "Tre" Hamilton III (Judson) will be an incoming freshmen next fall. Name should sound familiar among Lobo fans...dad is on the coaching staff. This dude is forreal, cut from that Haynes King cloth.

Right behind him is this kid.....rare doesn't even begin to describe him. Quincy Carter is one of his trainers.

The interesting thing about Smiles (Judson) is he isn't the only one in that '29 class. Jordan Allen's little brother Jacob Allen is also '29 (Foster) and he's a monster too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ANTI said:

Loss hurts me a ton. 

But anyway....a lot of these QBs both at LHS and coming up the ranks are working with trainers.

But beyond that, the talent level at QB is about to go up quite a bit. 

Johnny "Tre" Hamilton III (Judson) will be an incoming freshmen next fall. Name should sound familiar among Lobo fans...dad is on the coaching staff. This dude is forreal, cut from that Haynes King cloth.

Right behind him is this kid.....rare doesn't even begin to describe him. Quincy Carter is one of his trainers.

The interesting thing about Smiles (Judson) is he isn't the only one in that '29 class. Jordan Allen's little brother Jacob Allen is also '29 (Foster) and he's a monster too.

Shot throw the kid in as a freshman he grow teams do it north shore for one 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Shot throw the kid in as a freshman he grow teams do it north shore for one 

Depending on how well he’s built and physically developed as a freshman maybe. A big maybe, I wouldn’t want to have a smaller kid get hurt. At the smaller classifications maybe, but not 5A D1 ball, let him grow and get some confidence and legs under him, establish a playing relationship with his peers.

Forney has a freshman RB this year that could handle it, those kind of athletes are fairly rare. That Forney kid is going to be a straight up dog.

Edited by dfwfootballfan

16 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Depending on how well he’s built and physically developed as a freshman maybe. A big maybe, I wouldn’t want to have a smaller kid get hurt. At the smaller classifications maybe, but not 5A D1 ball, let him grow and get some confidence and legs under him, establish a playing relationship with his peers.

Forney has a freshman RB this year that could handle it, those kind of athletes are fairly rare. That Forney kid is going to be a straight up dog.

Carthage has one too - freshman RB that moved up for the playoffs.  Ran for over 100 yards in the Regional Finals.  But RB & QB are too different things.

Longview will finish 0-10 if that happens without letting him just hand it off every play. Maybe 2-3 years from now.  I could be wrong but I don’t recall him or Judson being that dominant this year. A kid less than a year away from starting at QB for LHS would have dominated in middle school football. Again, I could be wrong.  Whatever the case, I would say there is not a current QB in LISD, this kid included, that’s better than what they’re losing, even with all his limitations. Maybe after next year we’ll see. Time will tell. 

As for the 6th grader in the video, that’s just laughable and wishful thinking by Longview faithful.  But I get it.  And kudos.  There’s not a fan base like the Lobo fan base.   But the kid is 5 feet tall maybe and playing five on five. 

Edited by EastTexasKnowItAll
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, VonG said:

Is Tutt not that good. When I saw him play as a freshman I definitely thought he was the next Haynes King. The kid was great to me.

I'll be honest and I promise that I'm not trying to be disrespectful when I say this.

But Tutt has not been developed properly. His growth stalled a lot. NOW...that's not to say that I don't think he can still be effective. I just think that he'll be more of a solid game manager instead of the high trajectory that he was on before.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

Longview will finish 0-10 if that happens without letting him just hand it off every play. Maybe 2-3 years from now.  I could be wrong but I don’t recall him or Judson being that dominant this year. A kid less than a year away from starting at QB for LHS would have dominated in middle school football. Again, I could be wrong.  Whatever the case, I would say there is not a current QB in LISD, this kid included, that’s better than what they’re losing, even with all his limitations. Maybe after next year we’ll see. Time will tell. 

As for the 6th grader in the video, that’s just laughable and wishful thinking by Longview faithful.  But I get it.  And kudos.  There’s not a fan base like the Lobo fan base.   But the kid is 5 feet tall maybe and playing five on five. 

Hamilton led Judson to what....2 losses the past two years? And both losses came this year when injuries started piling up. When you watch him, there's little doubt that he'll play on the FBS level. 

And Smiles will be amazing.

You'll see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Damn.

I know. But like I said, he could still be good in the end. Just in his own way. The same way Jordan Allen took a step forward this year, no reason for me to believe Tutt can't or won't.

He's going to have a battle in the spring though.

'24 Andrew Tutt (5'10 175)

'25 Maverick Rowe (5'8 160)

'25 DD Williams (6'4 195)

Will also be interesting to see if D1 WR '24 DK Reese (6'3 170) gets a look there. He has history at the position.

2 minutes ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

I honestly hope you’re right for the program.  I’m addressing the topic of throwing him out there as a freshman. 

Yeah I'm not sure about all of that.

Now as a sophomore....

• Like 1

I won’t comment on Tut’s work ethic but I Allen obviously put sometime in the weight room and track the last couple of years.  People can talk about his abilities as a quarterback, and they certainly have, but you can’t question how hard he worked.  And I would think you’d have to be a pretty tough kid to take the abuse he’s taken as the Lobo QB the last three years.  

1 minute ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

I won’t comment on Tut’s work ethic but I Allen obviously put sometime in the weight room and track the last couple of years.  People can talk about his abilities as a quarterback, and they certainly have, but you can’t question how hard he worked.  And I would think you’d have to be a pretty tough kid to take the abuse he’s taken as the Lobo QB the last three years.  

Allen's work ethic was never in question. Kid worked his you know what off. And is actually pretty smart.

He just didn't always have the tools or things weren't clicking fast enough. But he erased that this year. It wasnt always pretty but he could've led Longview to a title, if not for playcalling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoboFan80 said:

Any info on if Tutt is expected to be the starter next year or is someone else competing for it ? 

Thought I already addressed it but I don't see it anywhere.

But it'll be Tutt, '25 Mav Rowe, '25 DD Williams...and wouldn't count out DK Reese.