Cowardly Gutless RINOs Impeach Ken Paxton

Monte1076

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Cowardly Gutless RINOs Impeach Ken Paxton

A lot of what I see is complaining about Ken Paxton being impeached. No comments on the actual articles themselves, or their possible ramifications.

Forget who they're about for a minute. Look at the articles, and decide based on the content of the articles, if the accusations rise to the level of impeachment. If they do, what's the problem?

He was kinda hoisted on his own petard. The committee made a statement that if he hadn't tried to get the Texas taxpayers (through the Legislature) to cover the $3.3 million he owed, the impeachment articles likely wouldn't have been drawn up, and there likely wouldn't have been an investigation.

Also, how many times on this very forum do people talk about holding government officials accountable?

Edited by Monte1076
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

A lot of what I see is complaining about Ken Paxton being impeached. No comments on the actual articles themselves, or their possible ramifications.

Forget who they're about for a minute. Look at the articles, and decide based on the content of the articles, if the accusations rise to the level of impeachment. If they do, what's the problem?

He was kinda hoisted on his own petard. The committee made a statement that if he hadn't tried to get the Texas taxpayers (through the Legislature) to cover the $3.3 million he owed, the impeachment articles likely wouldn't have been drawn up, and there likely wouldn't have been an investigation.

Also, how many times on this very forum do people talk about holding government officials accountable?

You can't trust the articles because due process was thrown out the door........

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You can't trust the articles because due process was thrown out the door........

Well, considering an impeachment is essentially the equivalent to an indictment, I'd say that due process is running its course.

There were accusations, then an investigation. A committee recommended charges (i.e. the articles). The house voted on said articles (i.e. agreeing with the assessment of the charges). Now comes the trial in the Texas Senate. That sounds a lot like "due process" to me.

So does this mean, though, that you don't trust any impeachment ever because of this "due process" thing?

Edited by Monte1076

18 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

How did your legislator vote? Mine just committed political suicide.......

20230527_175026.jpg

Hey, at least I can say that MINE did not vote....he resigned a couple of weeks ago because he was getting under 21 year old's drunk and having sex with them.......he committed his political suicide in the bedroom.....:rofl:

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Aren't these "articles" part of the "due process".....they bring accusations, the senate tries the case......that would be "due process" wouldn't it? 

Just like a grand jury, listen to the evidence, decide to go to trial or not....that is what the legislators did.....now the legislators will have to PROVE that these things occurred and that Paxton is guilty.....that is DUE PROCESS.....

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, considering an impeachment is essentially the equivalent to an indictment, I'd say that due process is running its course.

There were accusations, then an investigation. A committee recommended charges (i.e. the articles). The house voted on said articles (i.e. agreeing with the assessment of the charges). Now comes the trial in the Texas Senate. That sounds a lot like "due process" to me.

So does this mean, though, that you don't trust any impeachment ever because of this "due process" thing?

Believe whatever you want......

57 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Aren't these "articles" part of the "due process".....they bring accusations, the senate tries the case......that would be "due process" wouldn't it? 

Just like a grand jury, listen to the evidence, decide to go to trial or not....that is what the legislators did.....now the legislators will have to PROVE that these things occurred and that Paxton is guilty.....that is DUE PROCESS.....

Witnesses weren't even sworn in.......try reading some articles...

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

A great Texan......for now.....lol.... we'll see how that holds up after the trial.......

So you think a Maryland carpetbagger, who changed his name because of things from his past is a great Texan.....OMG....this world is definitely coming to an end.....he is the absolute worst LT Governor we've ever had....plus, he's a bigger liar than Ken Paxton.....:rofl:

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

So you think a Maryland carpetbagger, who changed his name because of things from his past is a great Texan.....OMG....this world is definitely coming to an end.....he is the absolute worst LT Governor we've ever had....plus, he's a bigger liar than Ken Paxton.....:rofl:

I've voted for him every election.....