Cowardly Gutless RINOs Impeach Ken Paxton

Monte1076

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Thank you @Monte1076 for correcting that earlier statement......

A fiscal liberal/social conservative is a liberal.....a fiscal conservative/social liberal is a liberal......

Many members of the Texas House are fiscal conservatives but their social liberalism makes them liberal.....they may as well be dimnuts....... something @KirtFalcon just can't seem to grasp, either.......

Besides, right now there's 1 vacant seat. which means 149 members. So all that's really needed is 75 members. So all it really would take is 74 of the 85 Republicans, and 1 Democrat for the impeachment to happen.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Besides, right now there's 1 vacant seat. which means 149 members. So all that's really needed is 75 members. So all it really would take is 74 of the 85 Republicans, and 1 Democrat for the impeachment to happen.

They won't get enough votes to impeach......and he can bring suit that it violates the Texas Constitution.....that clearly states no one can be impeached for anything that happened prior to their election.....that's a paraphrase.....the exact quote is on a tweet I posted either earlier on this thread, or on another thread.......

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Here it is......

Yeah, but here's the full text of that section:

Sec. 665.081. NO REMOVAL FOR ACTS COMMITTED BEFORE ELECTION TO OFFICE. (a) An officer in this state may not be removed from office for an act the officer may have committed before the officer's election to office.

(b) The prohibition against the removal from office for an act the officer commits before the officer's election is covered by:

(1) Section 21.002, Local Government Code, for a mayor or alderman of a general law municipality; or

(2) Chapter 87, Local Government Code, for a county or precinct officer.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

Yeah, but here's the full text of that section:

Which states very clearly that no one can be impeached for anything they did before they were elected.....probably included it so Sam Houston couldn't be impeached.......:rofl:

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You're gonna need a bigger quote....lol....I have no idea what you're asking.....

That the LEGE is 'liberal'. Can you give me examples of the issues of that? I see an extremely conservative gathering down there in all areas. 

6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Which states very clearly that no one can be impeached for anything they did before they were elected.....probably included it so Sam Houston couldn't be impeached.......:rofl:

Except that this:

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/88R/billtext/html/HR02377I.htm

shows all of the articles starting with "While holding office as attorney general..."

ARTICLE I

(Disregard of Official Duty-

Protection of Charitable Organization)

While holding office as attorney general, Warren Kenneth

Paxton violated the duties of his office by failing to act as public

protector of charitable organizations as required by Chapter 123,

Property Code.

Specifically, Paxton caused employees of his office to

intervene in a lawsuit brought by the Roy F. & JoAnn Cole Mitte

Foundation against several corporate entities controlled by Nate

Paul. Paxton harmed the Mitte Foundation in an effort to benefit

Paul.

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nice job of you, @RETIREDFAN1 carrying water for an indicted AG who owes 3 MILLION dollars to whistleblowers on his malfeasance and wants you the taxpayer to pay for it. Does Paxton's extremism qualify him for devotion? Trying to understand moral relativism. 

Nice job defending a drunk.......video evidence shows his inebriated state on the House floor.......where's the evidence against Paxton??? 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That the LEGE is 'liberal'. Can you give me examples of the issues of that? I see an extremely conservative gathering down there in all areas. 

Never did a thing about abortion until recently.....doing nothing about illegal aliens.....doing nothing to meaningfully reduce taxes......not cutting a bit of spending.......

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Nice job defending a drunk.......video evidence shows his inebriated state on the House floor.......where's the evidence against Paxton??? 

I've seen over and over 'video evidence' which turns out to be deep fakes and selective editing. Was he given a breathalyzer? Did he get arrested for public intoxication? Doesn't the timing of that accusation seem very obvious? 

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

They have to show evidence of that.....

Yes, they do. Right now they're simply allegations. But again, my point is that they are alleging he did these things while in office. Which, if true, would negate the previous argument of "he did it before he was in office, and therefore can't be impeached for it."

19 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Yes, they do. Right now they're simply allegations. But again, my point is that they are alleging he did these things while in office. Which, if true, would negate the previous argument of "he did it before he was in office, and therefore can't be impeached for it."

Only IF they can prove it.......

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I'm thinking it'll get shut down on the House Floor........

It might. We'll have to see. I know the session ends Monday, but they could always call a special session if they felt it necessary.

2 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The drunk videos came 2 days BEFORE the impeachment from the committee.......yes the timing seems VERY obvious......

You don't think that Paxton knew full well what was coming? I absolutely do. He was trying to do a 'dirty trick' to deflect is my guess. 

Of course Paxton knew what was about to happen....anybody with 1/2 brain knew that......to think that Paxton is some "savior of conservativism" is like saying that Biden is savior of America......neither person is worth the time of day. IMO

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

It might. We'll have to see. I know the session ends Monday, but they could always call a special session if they felt it necessary.

Only the governor can call a special session, and I don't see him doing that for this.......

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

You don't think that Paxton knew full well what was coming? I absolutely do. He was trying to do a 'dirty trick' to deflect is my guess. 

55 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Of course Paxton knew what was about to happen....anybody with 1/2 brain knew that......to think that Paxton is some "savior of conservativism" is like saying that Biden is savior of America......neither person is worth the time of day. IMO

:sleep:

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Cowardly Gutless RINOs Impeach Ken Paxton