Baseball team loses state championship after their catcher failed to tag the final batter after dropping the 3rd strike and the batter ran all the way around the bases while the other team was celebrating too early

Monte1076

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

He seemed to be the only one on the defensive team that realized what was going on.

That catcher had to know better. He looked back at ump I wonder what the ump said if anything. Basic knowledge for anyone that is a catcher just wow

I've seen this happen numerous times when I played baseball when the rule first began to be enforced in Pony League especially with 1st year catchers.  With that being said there has to be more to this story than what was tweeted. 1. There had to be multiple players on the bases for this to happen, and they aren't mentioned only the player that struck out.  2. If there weren't any other baserunners then 1 run would have only tied the score. 3.  The State this allegedly happened in isn't mentioned.  

I'd say this is fake news unless it was a Little League game that papers haven't reported on since the 80's when they would actually print the standings for little league standings, and every team would have their team picture printed in the paper or at least the LNJ did.

22 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've seen this happen numerous times when I played baseball when the rule first began to be enforced in Pony League especially with 1st year catchers.  With that being said there has to be more to this story than what was tweeted. 1. There had to be multiple players on the bases for this to happen, and they aren't mentioned only the player that struck out.  2. If there weren't any other baserunners then 1 run would have only tied the score. 3.  The State this allegedly happened in isn't mentioned.  

I'd say this is fake news unless it was a Little League game that papers haven't reported on since the 80's when they would actually print the standings for little league standings, and every team would have their team picture printed in the paper or at least the LNJ did.

The video I saw of this showed two runners already on base ...  all three of them rounded the bases and scored  ...

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

The video I saw of this showed two runners already on base ...  all three of them rounded the bases and scored  ...

I didn't see a video to watch it.  Then the catcher was a retard, as well as the manager, and the rest of the team.  

34 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't see a video to watch it.  Then the catcher was a retard, as well as the manager, and the rest of the team.  

The catcher ran out and started celebrating with the pitcher  .... oblivious to what was happening  ....

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It was a high school sectional game in New York

There were runners at second and third