Tyler D1 SQT Saturday

MattStepp

16 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I dont believe he's a big 7on7 guy at all honestly

That could be true. Since, he is the knew guy on the block, I will wait and see. Looking at his offense it isn’t a wide open offense.

Edited by cujoforlife

8 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Crazy to me that it's Monday and there's no brackets...lol.

Usually the brackets dont come out for Tyler until Tuesday or Wednesday..I imagine I'll get em sometime tomorrow

If I had to guess for East Texas teams..... it will be Tyler Legacy, Longview, Lufkin, Marshall, Whitehouse, Hallsville, Mount Pleasant, Pine Tree, Nacogdoches (maybe?)

Tyler won't be there.  And I don't recall Texas High being there....

All of the other spots will probably be DFW/Centex schools.... Corsicana?  Ennis?  Forney?  Mesquite?

1 hour ago, VonG said:

He's not. They are not doing the league play either. They will return next year.

I get it...but I don't at the same time.  We had a coach that wasn't a big fan of 7 on 7 too (Clint Harper).  Drove me insane.  We did it...but half-heartedly.

Seems like your coach would want to have as many snaps as possible between now and kickoff Vs. Marshall.

Selfishly...... I'm thrilled Tyler isn't playing.....anything to give us a leg up in that first game is fiiiiine with me.  lmao.

36 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I get it...but I don't at the same time.  We had a coach that wasn't a big fan of 7 on 7 too (Clint Harper).  Drove me insane.  We did it...but half-heartedly.

Seems like your coach would want to have as many snaps as possible between now and kickoff Vs. Marshall.

Selfishly...... I'm thrilled Tyler isn't playing.....anything to give us a leg up in that first game is fiiiiine with me.  lmao.

You don’t know if you’re getting a leg up. Just because he doesn’t like doing it. I can guarantee you that he is still doing summer workouts. 

7 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

You don’t know if you’re getting a leg up. Just because he doesn’t like doing it. I can guarantee you that he is still doing summer workouts. 

Well yeah.  But so is everyone else… including those doing 7 on 7.   They are doing both. 

I just think the more snaps a quarterback and his receivers get is invaluable unless you have no plans in having a passing game. 

jmho.  

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Well yeah.  But so is everyone else… including those doing 7 on 7.   They are doing both. 

I just think the more snaps a quarterback and his receivers get is invaluable unless you have no plans in having a passing game. 

jmho.  

Well people have already stated that Coach Woods offense isn’t QB centered. Teams got along just before 7on7 was introduced. It’s just the norm now. So it feels like you’re put the horse before the cart. 

57 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Well people have already stated that Coach Woods offense isn’t QB centered. Teams got along just before 7on7 was introduced. It’s just the norm now. So it feels like you’re put the horse before the cart. 

In this day and age, I would think it would be beneficial to play if only for defensive purposes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

In this day and age, I would think it would be beneficial to play if only for defensive purposes.

Agreed. Anything that keeps your kids competitive during the offseason and gives your QBs/WRs/DBs more reps is beneficial. Even if they're just playing sandlot ball.   

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Agreed. Anything that keeps your kids competitive during the offseason and gives your QBs/WRs/DBs more reps is beneficial. Even if they're just playing sandlot ball.   

Yep. 7 on 7, sand lot football is ideal, but even if they are just staying active all summer playing basketball on the blacktop is beneficial. Anything to keep them active and out of trouble is a plus. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

LOL at these brackets...wonder why whitehouse, Longview, and rockwall in the same pool.....hmmmmm.....

Rockwall's been pretty bad in their two earlier qualifiers....Naaman will be missing guys....

Terrell was really good in their first qualifier...won two games and lost to Midlo Heritage by a TD....dont be surprised if they win Legacy's pool....

Legacy may have put themselves in a tough bracket not knowing any better

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep. 7 on 7, sand lot football is ideal, but even if they are just staying active all summer playing basketball on the blacktop is beneficial. Anything to keep them active and out of trouble is a plus. 

Whatever it takes to keep them from sitting around the pool all day...  

9m6Gwr.gif

32 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Whatever it takes to keep them from sitting around the pool all day...  

9m6Gwr.gif

Pool implies they will be outside. At least they are keeping themselves used to high temps. And if they are swimming, that’s a great workout. Just don’t need to be laid up on the couch playing Fortnite in the A/C. lol 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, kingwolf said:

LOL at these brackets...wonder why whitehouse, Longview, and rockwall in the same pool.....hmmmmm.....

Was the same last year, just with College Station instead of Naaman Forest.

I was shocked with how poor Rockwall played against us last season. would suspect Whitehouse....as it always feels like has been against them in 7v7...will be our biggest hurdle.

• Like 1