Biden Issues Defiant Gay Pride Support, Taps Corinthians Bible Verse

Monte1076

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Which is why I tend to believe that if there is a god, he is with all of us all the time, not just in some "meeting/gathering" but with me anywhere I go......That is what a "loving" god would do, not abandon you because you are alone, or not in a church......

What you believe is irrelevant if it goes against what God actually SAID......God is always there for all obedient penitent believers.....He has never promise to be there for anyone else......

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Faith

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something--so on a deserted Island, I can't believe in a higher power or being, if something good happens....and all this time that is how I thought religions started...

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

That's the human definition......Faith in the Bible is belief and obedience to the Word......alone on that island, you would have never heard what God commands of you, so it would be impossible for you to have Scriptural faith........

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You have free will.....HE told you what He requires if you are going to be saved .....it's left up to you to choose eternal life by obeying Him, or eternal hell fire if you choose not to obey Him.......nothing predetermined at all ...except for His Word, which exists eternally......

That poem was written by a human who did not have the Holy Spirit inspiring his writing.......

And God will take His vengeance on all who do not choose to Obey Him.....that is His judgement on impenitent sinners.......sadly, you'll find out, along with the vast majority of humanity......most of whom feel or think they are saved, but who have not obeyed His Word........

Free will and/or obeying a higher order.....sounds like the "Texas legislature" to me.......

You have all the freedom you want, as long as it follows what I say........🤦‍♂️

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That's the human definition......Faith in the Bible is belief and obedience to the Word......alone on that island, you would have never heard what God commands of you, so it would be impossible for you to have Scriptural faith........

Because all those "writers of the bible versus" who were given the "holy spirit" to write these words had scriptural faith......

So you are saying that god can't provide me with the "holy spirit" if I am alone somewhere......Well the next time I talk to him, I'll be sure to ask if that is the truth.....

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Free will and/or obeying a higher order.....sounds like the "Texas legislature" to me.......

You have all the freedom you want, as long as it follows what I say........🤦‍♂️

Blaspheme away.......you'll bow down and acknowledge Him on Judgment Day.......be too late for you though......sad really......

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Blaspheme away.......you'll bow down and acknowledge Him on Judgment Day.......be too late for you though......sad really......

I guess we will just have to wait and see.  

I guess we will see who actually "threw the first stone".....

Just now, DannyZuco said:

Because all those "writers of the bible versus" who were given the "holy spirit" to write these words had scriptural faith......

So you are saying that god can't provide me with the "holy spirit" if I am alone somewhere......Well the next time I talk to him, I'll be sure to ask if that is the truth.....

If you can show me one contradiction in the Bible.....I'll agree with you......however in a book written by close to 40 men over a period of thousands of years, they all teach the same thing without a single contradiction....THAT proves The Bible is the Divinely inspired Word of God .......

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

THAT proves The Bible is the Divinely inspired Word of God .......

Does this mean the entire Bible or just the "new testament"......because many believe they are different, but to me, the ENTIRE BIBLE is the Divinely inspired Word of God.....or am I incorrect in that thought.....

I know this one is still ending the same way, but doesn't it contradicted a little bit...considering the stories have been handed down from generation to generation supposedly...

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Does this mean the entire Bible or just the "new testament"......because many believe they are different, but to me, the ENTIRE BIBLE is the Divinely inspired Word of God.....or am I incorrect in that thought.....

The ENTIRE Bible is Divinely inspired....you finally got something right.......lol.....

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I know this one is still ending the same way, but doesn't it contradicted a little bit...considering the stories have been handed down from generation to generation supposedly...

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

Matthew tells how Judas died.....Acts was 50 days later.....he fell from where he was hanging for 50 days and burst open......the priests used the money he threw back at them to purchase the field since it was blood money and they couldn't keep it.....they couldn't take credit for how it was spent, either, so it was said that Judas bought the field......no contradiction at all .....next up.....

44 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Matthew tells how Judas died.....Acts was 50 days later.....he fell from where he was hanging for 50 days and burst open......the priests used the money he threw back at them to purchase the field since it was blood money and they couldn't keep it.....they couldn't take credit for how it was spent, either, so it was said that Judas bought the field......no contradiction at all .....next up.....

He hung there for 50 days.....I don't see that mentioned anywhere.....did some pastor tell you that? ;)

13 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

He hung there for 50 days.....I don't see that mentioned anywhere.....did some pastor tell you that? ;)

Scripture doesn't say how long he hung there before falling.....He did hang there long enough to putrify so he burst when he fell.....I said 50 days because Pentecost was 50 days after the crucifixion......and that's the time period Luke records for us in Acts 1 and 2......

President Biden using Biblical scripture to honor sinners is blaspheme.  Nowhere in the Bible are we taught to honor sinners, but to call them to repentance.  If they reject Christ and fail to repent then we are to dust off our feet to them for continuing to do so.  

5 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

So what I am hearing from you boys is that if you ARE NOT christians, you shouldn't read or interpret the christian bible...or have your own opinion upon what the versus says. And again, who told you that everyone had to interpret the bible the exact same way......

BTW--can one person be a church amongst themselves....or does one have to go to a "church" and be among many others and be baptized to be in a church.....And can one baptize themselves? 

If you are not Christian you do not have the Holy Ghost to help you hear the Gospel as it is written, and you will be led astray by the adversary to come to your own conclusions.  No one can baptize themselves, because they do not hold the Priesthood keys to perform that ordinance.  

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

If you are not Christian you do not have the Holy Ghost to help you hear the Gospel as it is written, and you will be led astray by the adversary to come to your own conclusions.  No one can baptize themselves, because they do not hold the Priesthood keys to perform that ordinance.  

The Bible does not say anything about needing anyone special to baptize you.....the one BEING baptized is relevant......who dunks them is irrelevant..........

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

The Holy Ghost can lead you to God, but someone would have to baptize you.  The Holy Spirit wouldn't be with you always, because you weren't anointed with the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Apostle John was banished in exile to Patmos where God inspired him to write Revelations.  Elijah went into the wilderness because of Jezebels threats where God guided him.  Yet both had already accepted Christ.  Elijah knew that the Messiah would come to earth and that he would proceed him.    

4 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The Bible does not say anything about needing anyone special to baptize you.....the one BEING baptized is relevant......who dunks them is irrelevant..........

Anyone that was baptized was done so by one that had already been ordained.  It has been that way since John the Baptist.  Even in the Old Testament Days there were fonts that were similar to baptismal fonts for washings.  Show me anywhere in the Bible where someone who had not already accepted Christ was allowed to perform a baptism.  It's not there.  

30 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Anyone that was baptized was done so by one that had already been ordained.  It has been that way since John the Baptist.  Even in the Old Testament Days there were fonts that were similar to baptismal fonts for washings.  Show me anywhere in the Bible where someone who had not already accepted Christ was allowed to perform a baptism.  It's not there.  

Show me where anyone BUT an apostle was ordained for anything......anyone can baptize......salvation depends upon an individual hearing, believing, repenting, confessing their faith, and being immersed......to say that their salvation depends upon who dunks them is an addition to Scripture.....

John's and OT baptism are irrelevant......Jesus brought the more perfect way as we are told in Hebrews.......

8 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Show me where anyone BUT an apostle was ordained for anything......anyone can baptize......salvation depends upon an individual hearing, believing, repenting, confessing their faith, and being immersed......to say that their salvation depends upon who dunks them is an addition to Scripture.....

John's and OT baptism are irrelevant......Jesus brought the more perfect way as we are told in Hebrews.......

It isn't mentioned either, but it is implied since there were qualifications of a Bishop, Deacon ( 1 Timothy verse 3) Ephesians 4:11-32 speaks of many callings in the church, Hebrews 5:1 speaks of High Priests.  The Apostles anointed them and they in turn anointed other worthy men to perform the ordinances of that Christ commanded.  Our Saviour was baptized by John the Baptist to fulfill all righteousness so even He had to be baptized.  That's another discussion though on baptism.  How could missionaries other than the Apostles continue to baptize so many people if they didn't ordain the Priesthood to others ?  Perhaps that is some of the things the Catholic Church left out of the Bible, but there are faint mentions of it.  We only know that it happened.  

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It isn't mentioned either, but it is implied since there were qualifications of a Bishop, Deacon ( 1 Timothy verse 3) Ephesians 4:11-32 speaks of many callings in the church, Hebrews 5:1 speaks of High Priests.  The Apostles anointed them and they in turn anointed other worthy men to perform the ordinances of that Christ commanded.  Our Saviour was baptized by John the Baptist to fulfill all righteousness so even He had to be baptized.  That's another discussion though on baptism.  How could missionaries other than the Apostles continue to baptize so many people if they didn't ordain the Priesthood to others ?  Perhaps that is some of the things the Catholic Church left out of the Bible, but there are faint mentions of it.  We only know that it happened.  

Nowhere does Scripture say you have to be baptized by an elder or a deacon.......ANYONE can baptize under New Testament doctrine.....as I said, IF who baptizes you matters as to your salvation, then there is a step YOU'VE added to the plan of salvation that Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit inspired apostles did not mention.......ergo, as Paul said in Galatians, you are preaching another gospel.........

No Other Gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

The Bible was written over a period of roughly 2,000 years by 40 different authors from three continents, who wrote in three different languages. These facts alone make the Bible one of a kind, but there are many more amazing details that defy natural explanation. 
Shepherds, kings, scholars, fishermen, prophets, a military general, a cupbearer, and a priest all penned portions of Scripture. They had different immediate purposes for writing, whether recording history, giving spiritual and moral instruction, or pronouncing judgment. They composed their works from palaces, prisons, the wilderness, and places of exile while writing history, laws, poetry, prophecy, and proverbs. In the process they laid bare their personal emotions, expressing anger, frustration, joy, and love. (Answers In Genesis .com)  

And without even one single contradiction........