The Greatest President

RETIREDFAN1

17 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

The guy who gave us the world's greatest Ponzi Scheme.....that's a great guy to like.....NOT!!!!

You mean Social security...one of the most popular programs in history that has lifted millions of seniors out of poverty over the last 90 years?

• Thanks 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

You mean Social security...one of the most popular programs in history that has lifted millions of seniors out of poverty over the last 90 years?

And fewer are paying into? And is almost broke?

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Interesting that 3 of 4 on your "worst ever" list were re-elected (We will have to see about "Plugs")

Yes, it's an indictment of just how many uninformed, gullible and ignorant voters we have in America  .....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, it's an indictment of just how many uninformed, gullible and ignorant voters we have in America  .....

You left out selfish.  Most people vote on what they will personally gain or what is promised to them.  It's not about the good of the nation, state, county, city, etc.  If you promise to give things to people, they will vote for you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

... It's not about the good of the nation, state, county, city, etc.  If you promise to give things to people, they will vote for you.

Gullible, uninformed, ignorant ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

33 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

You left out selfish.  Most people vote on what they will personally gain or what is promised to them.  It's not about the good of the nation, state, county, city, etc.  If you promise to give things to people, they will vote for you.

JFK (whether you liked him or not): "Ask not what your country can do for you..." and "Within the decade, we will put a man on the moon..."

compare that to what our "leaders" say today.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

JFK (whether you liked him or not): "Ask not what your country can do for you..." and "Within the decade, we will put a man on the moon..."

The major reason JFK is so popular is because he was assassinated  ....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Yes, that PONZI scheme that will run out of money in the next 10 years, unless of course taxes are raised. That program that takes money from the workers and gives it to the retirees. The same program that never has an end point and is used more by over 12% of people as a means to not have to work, because they "qualified" to be on social security because of disabilities. 

https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/factsheets/basicfact-alt.pdf

"Social Security benefits represent about 30% of the income of the elderly"--So what you are saying with that "lifted millions of seniors out of poverty" would in MY OPINION be a LIE.....because it only represents 30% of their overall income.....They couldn't save another 30%, 20% and cut back on things? 10% and still be above poverty? 

Social Security was designed to get workers to retire during the depression so that the younger workers could have jobs. Because in the 1930s, experience was recognized and wanted in most work related areas.....It had nothing to do with "lifting" them out of poverty.....or those checks in 1935/36 would have been a lot larger, even for the inflation rate back then. 

If the initial program had been set up to "save money" for the future through the government....it might have worked....all it is now is a government program that tries to get votes.....I know for a fact that my own father received more money in less than 5 years from social security than whatever he had EVER paid into the system with his employer.....

So I will stand by statement....Social Security is a PONZI SCHEME.....by definition ALSO. 

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

People are stupid to depend on SS being their “retirement” fund at 67.  I hope they do away with it so I can invest my money the way I’ve been for years.  SS is a vote buying leveraged Ponzi scheme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

The man on the moon would’ve happened regardless.  

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Vote for what makes the country the most productive.  Put more people to work, and those that dont really want to work, give them incentives to get OFF the couch instead of keeping them ON the couch.  

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Ain't many people of that mindset anymore.