The Greatest President

RETIREDFAN1

9 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Most people fail to prepare financially for retirement ... Social Security will not keep you afloat if that's all you are depending on ...... I retired at 62 and SS is only about 20% of my retirement income .... people need to start saving and investing early in life to prepare for retirement  .... I retired from the Air Force and BCBSTX and my wife retired twice too ... we both saved and invested over our working years .... luckily we planned and got good advise early .... 

So many young people today continue to live paycheck to paycheck and bounce from job to job with no thought of retirement .... they drive expensive new cars and get themselves so far in dept they will probably never get control of their budgets and finances ....

I think high schools should teach young people how to manage money, save and invest, how to budget and balance their accounts .... so many young people have no clue and learn the hard way ....

My dad taught me well and I taught my sons .... not all people get that kind of training at home ....

Our school cut out drivers Ed.  Must’ve cut into the football budget.  Teaching life skills might not go over.  Lol