Blue Jays pitcher who apologized for sharing Christian video removed from roster

Monte1076

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Is he any good or was this going to happen anyway?

16 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Nope near 5 ERA.  Someone else came off the Injured list   That puts you over max on roster size.    Plus , you have much younger talent doing better who have near 2 full points ERA better.  

I wouldn’t put it by anyone to cut someone for that but, his stats looks questionable as it is. I’m sure the media attention didn’t help his case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I wouldn’t put it by anyone to cut someone for that but, his stats looks questionable as it is. I’m sure the media attention didn’t help his case.

If it was between him and someone else who had similar stats.  The one getting cut is the one causing trouble in the organization.  

• Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Nope near 5 ERA.  Someone else came off the Injured list   That puts you over max on roster size.    Plus , you have much younger talent doing better who have near 2 full points ERA better.  

He is giving up nearly 1 hit per innings pitched this season.  That’s not great as a reliever.  

And I agree with your other comment, if it is getting negative attention and he isn’t playing well, he is the first to go.  Just the nature of sport’s business.  

He should have stuck to his beliefs and not apologized though.  He looks weak apologizing then getting cut.  I would have at least gone out with my middle finger pointed right at Toronto’s face

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

He is giving up nearly 1 hit per innings pitched this season.  That’s not great as a reliever.  

And I agree with your other comment, if it is getting negative attention and he isn’t playing well, he is the first to go.  Just the nature of sport’s business.  

He should have stuck to his beliefs and not apologized though.  He looks weak apologizing then getting cut.  I would have at least gone out with my middle finger pointed right at Toronto’s face

I agree, and that would hurt Toronto's future free agent pick-ups in the future .  Thy would see how Toronto treated Bass and sign elsewhere.  

3 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

If it was between him and someone else who had similar stats.  The one getting cut is the one causing trouble in the organization.  

Interesting that when it comes to this topic, "expressing your religious beliefs" is considered "causing trouble".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Interesting that when it comes to this topic, "expressing your religious beliefs" is considered "causing trouble".

We are talking about Toronto where you can be arrested for misgendering a person with a penis for a vagina…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Folks up north are very liberal and hate their people. Basically democrats with an accent .

This guy is a jerk. He also threw a fit because his kids made a mess on a plane and his wife was asked to clean it up. Regardless of religious beliefs, you shouldn't act that way. He was stinking it up on the mound, deserved to be cut.