WEEK 1: Quinlan Ford at Mount Vernon

MVFAN1

Quinlan Ford @ Mt. Vernon   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

They saw the first scrimmage and ready to throw in the towel?

Lol...might be the case.  I didn't see MV scrimmage, but the reports I have gotten were good for the most part, so who knows.

MV did come home with a scrimmage victory over Caddo Mills - and Korden Johnson was / is the starting QB - he looks like a reincarnation or Brock Nellor in size , style, and speed - Just a sophomore- MV is in great hands at the QB spot and , unlike years past, has depth at the QB position- last year the lack of depth at QB was a killer - while you can’t rely upon scrimmage results - it is encouraging 

Edited by mvtigerbacker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

QF wins. Back to reality for the purple tigers. 

At the end of last season I would have agreed with you, although the jury is still out, I'm not so sure this be the case now.  I think things are looking up for those purple tigers!!

On 8/13/2023 at 6:31 PM, mvtigerbacker said:

MV did come home with a scrimmage victory over Caddo Mills - and Korden Johnson was / is the starting QB - he looks like a reincarnation or Brock Nellor in size , style, and speed - Just a sophomore- MV is in great hands at the QB spot and , unlike years past, has depth at the QB position- last year the lack of depth at QB was a killer - while you can’t rely upon scrimmage results - it is encouraging 

It sounds like he will be the starter. Although, coaches son and 2 other QBs got reps at scrimmage as well I believe. Worried about o-line a bit and depth in the trenches on both sides of the ball seem very thin. 
Skill positions will be solid.