Jump to content

Week 1 Beckville at Timpson


WildBear

Beckville @ Timpson  

65 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

To actually blame coaches for that loss. lol Timpson is FAR and away a better team. Athletes everywhere. I predicted 65-12.  But Timpson put the breaks on. They really could have named their score. 
 

Beckville has a nice little team, but lets get real. They might have 3/4 kids that could start for Timpson. 
This is no disrespect to Beckville whatsoever. 
 

Beckville will have a good season and go a round two. 

Timpson is the best or top 2 team in the state and didn’t even have their superstar. 
 

those talking about coaching, go get the previous staff back. 
 

be grateful you have what you have. 
 

 

Who is to blame then for poor game preparation? Who is to blame for putting kids in positions to fail? Who is to blame for play calling the same play 4 times in a row? Over and over and over. Who is to blame for not making adjustments in game when your original plan goes up in smoke? Please let us know if it isn’t the coaches that take the blame for that.  I’m not saying there was a chance to win but there was a chance to look better than we did. We showed up doing the exact same bull that we did end of year last season. So yes I blame coaching. We have many athletes that are not being utilized. Again—coaching.

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bearcat1981 said:

Who is to blame then for poor game preparation? Who is to blame for putting kids in positions to fail? Who is to blame for play calling the same play 4 times in a row? Over and over and over. Who is to blame for not making adjustments in game when your original plan goes up in smoke? Please let us know if it isn’t the coaches that take the blame for that.  I’m not saying there was a chance to win but there was a chance to look better than we did. We showed up doing the exact same bull that we did end of year last season. So yes I blame coaching. We have many athletes that are not being utilized. Again—coaching.

There is no reply that can make you or people with the same opinion change their mind. It’s like arguing politics. People get set in and facts don’t matter. ✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bearcat1981 said:

Who is to blame then for poor game preparation? Who is to blame for putting kids in positions to fail? Who is to blame for play calling the same play 4 times in a row? Over and over and over. Who is to blame for not making adjustments in game when your original plan goes up in smoke? Please let us know if it isn’t the coaches that take the blame for that.  I’m not saying there was a chance to win but there was a chance to look better than we did. We showed up doing the exact same bull that we did end of year last season. So yes I blame coaching. We have many athletes that are not being utilized. Again—coaching.

I get what you are saying.  But the coaches aren’t fumbling the football.  Take #2 off that team and it’s game over.  He is playing both ways and being over exerted on Offense.  I doubt he will last the whole season the way he is being used. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All teams have an identity. Clearly the staff had an idea of what they wanted to be and spent all offseason and summer training for that…..  The real test is after a performance like that in every facet of the game, do ya scratch it and reconsider and go in another direction or do ya just attribute the performance to being up against a better opponent and keep pushing in same direction. From all the articles I’ve read, Cats expected a way different outcome on opening night and so did the Ftball faithful community of Bville. There’s always next week….. Oughta be interesting week of preparation…. Who does Bville have next week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

There is no reply that can make you or people with the same opinion change their mind. It’s like arguing politics. People get set in and facts don’t matter. ✌️

I’m not arguing. I never said if we change stuff up we would win. I said we could have done better. I agree with you. Timpson is the better team. I am frustrated watching our coaches fail the kids. No adjustments. Nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I get what you are saying.  But the coaches aren’t fumbling the football.  Take #2 off that team and its game over.  He is playing both ways and being over exerted on Offense.  I doubt he will last the whole season the way he is being used. 

Obviously coaches aren’t fumbling the ball. But coaches are leaving a kid in there that can’t do the job as qb. It would be different if we had no one else but that’s not the case. 12 is afraid to run. And taking #2 out the game shouldn’t end us but yes it does. That is my point. We have athletes not being utilized while they want #2 to be the saving grace. He’s an unbelievable athlete but still one man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Diehard said:

All teams have an identity. Clearly the staff had an idea of what they wanted to be and spent all offseason and summer training for that…..  The real test is after a performance like that in every facet of the game, do ya scratch it and reconsider and go in another direction or do ya just attribute the performance to being up against a better opponent and keep pushing in same direction. From all the articles I’ve read, Cats expected a way different outcome on opening night and so did the Ftball faithful community of Bville. There’s always next week….. Oughta be interesting week of preparation…. Who does Bville have next week?

Joaquin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

Defense never adjusted all night. 3 man front zero LB hitting the hole. Fyi #2 move him back to safety. Wasting him on the front 7.  Stack your line and hit a gap. When Timpson got to the second level they scored anyway. At least have a chance to tackle before they hit the secondary. I watched last year's playoff game and this year's 1st game. Both very poorly executing or game plan. Waste of talent. 

Agree. Never should have moved 2 from safety. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ball security has to get better, how many times did the Beckville QB and RBs start the play off with a bobble or fumble? At least 10 or 12 plays were dead before the ever got going .... they weren't all turnovers, but it was killing their momentum .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hogwash said:

I blame it on the Heat!!! 

I been asking around to see what happened. Evrebodie says it was hot as bawlz out there. I went both side of the field though and it was the same.

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 2
  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NewBallCoach said:

My favorite thing is always seeing ... "The Coach keeps calling the same 4 plays!" ... it may look that way from the stands but there is something different you aren't noticing. Believe it or not every run play up the middle isn't the same one.

You are correct, but the Beckville faithful aren’t wrong about the offensive issues last night.  QB1 needs to play LB only, or move him to FB and let him block for the D1 RB.  He is not the answer at QB.  Beckville can run the offensive game plan they attempted last night vs lesser opponents and win easily.  But the coaches should have been prepared with a backup plan should the athleticism of Timpson neutralize the primary plan.  That didn’t happen.  Hopefully the Beckville Coaches are doing some deep reflection today and will make the necessary adjustments before next week.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing I wish is that coaches and others got to follow those that complain about coaches around at their job and tell them how ridiculous they are at doing their job. Seen a lot over my years and still haven’t found a coach that wanted to lose. If some fans would have got a degree to go coach their town would probably have 8-10 state championships and no one would know who Surratt is. 🤔

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

The only thing I wish is that coaches and others got to follow those that complain about coaches around at their job and tell them how ridiculous they are at doing their job. Seen a lot over my years and still haven’t found a coach that wanted to lose. If some fans would have got a degree to go coach their town would probably have 8-10 state championships and no one would know who Surratt is. 🤔

This site was created for those people.  I’m sure you haven’t seen a coach that wanted to lose.  But if your honest, you have seen plenty who were too proud to admit they were wrong.  Let’s see how the Beckville staff responds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last 6 games between Timpson and Beckville. 

2018-Timpson 46 Beckville 3 

2019-Timpson 46 Beckville 20

2020- Timpson 55 Beckville 14

2021- Timpson 42 Beckville 21

2022 Timpson 53 Beckville 22

2023 Timpson 50 Beckville 13

Timpson 292 points 

Beckville 93 points

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand the frustration in Beckville, but this ain't the game for it. Timpson is flat out loaded. They will walk everyone this season until deep in the playoffs as long as they limit mistakes and penalties. Sometimes all the scheming and planning in the world won't keep you in the game. Let's get a few games in before we run the staff out of town!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...