Jump to content

Nacogdoches At Palestine


nacdragon07

Recommended Posts

Nac enters this season with a new Coach Darby House. who comes to the pineywoods from Poteet high school. he has his work cut out for him as he 

inherited a tough schedule and a Nacogdoches program that struggles to win consistently in Football. 

this game started rough for the dragons last year and by the time Nac got it figured out, palestine pulled off the W. 

Nac Can't afford for the slow start again or it will be more of the same.  and with the likes of Lufkin and chapel hill on the docket a win will go a long way to boost

some confidence in this Team.  this game can go either way to me.

Edited by nacdragon07
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pulling for Nac…. But this is a tough draw to open the season. 

Sounds like a rough scrimmage last night Vs Henderson.  Not good to struggle against a team that basically in the same hole your in. 

I don’t think Palestine are world beaters, but they are traditionally pretty good and annual playoff contenders.  Plus they are tough at home. Stadium on the home side will be packed. 

Pulling for Nac, but I think Palestine takes it pretty handily.  Prove me wrong Nac ! 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both teams look to be starting with new faces in the program, players or coaches. Big plays and turnovers in this early matchup may provide an edge to the winner.

I lean toward the home team, the Cats seem to play to their potential more consistently than the Dragons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

well for one they all don't show up during the summer.

That some of the problems. To their defense they have been in some competitive districts. However, it not like Marshal , Whitehouse  of the world have that much vastly superior athletes or resources. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2023 at 10:41 AM, Mavchamp said:

Pulling for Nac…. But this is a tough draw to open the season. 


 

This would be the first time in forever that someone accused Palestine of being a tough draw.  Most underperforming program in Texas. Could not win a playoff game with Adrian Petersen toting the mail and if they have won one since it will be news to me.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

This would be the first time in forever that someone accused Palestine of being a tough draw.  Most underperforming program in Texas. Could not win a playoff game with Adrian Petersen toting the mail and if they have won one since it will be news to me.

they are in a tough district. i keep hearing this is the group that went undefeated as freshmen so im sure they have high expectations. 

the non district schedule for Nac is brutal so everyone is a tough draw.

palestine - playoff team 

lufkin- expected to return to the playoffs 

lumberton - a playoff team that went 11-2 

chapel hill- state semi finalist 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

they are in a tough district. i keep hearing this is the group that went undefeated as freshmen so im sure they have high expectations. 

the non district schedule for Nac is brutal so everyone is a tough draw.

palestine - playoff team 

lufkin- expected to return to the playoffs 

lumberton - a playoff team that went 11-2 

chapel hill- state semi finalist 

 

Wow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BillyClydePuckett said:

This would be the first time in forever that someone accused Palestine of being a tough draw.  Most underperforming program in Texas. Could not win a playoff game with Adrian Petersen toting the mail and if they have won one since it will be news to me.

Not a Palestine fan but 2 or 3 years ago Palestine went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 514 said:

Not a Palestine fan but 2 or 3 years ago Palestine went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

If so I stand corrected.  I am not down in that area anymore so I do not really keep up with them these days.  When I did they were only known for not performing the way tey should.  They SHOULD be a three round team every year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29-18 Palestine at the half.

 

palestine has a 70 yd for a td other tds have been drives.

Nac had a 70 yd pass on the first play of the game. A pick 6 on defense and a long drive for a td. 2 missed XP and missed 2pt conversion have the dragons chasing points. This would be a one score game. 
 

so far i like some of the things I am seeing from the dragons with a new coaching staff. Dragon defense is on the right spot just not making the tackles. Offense has had a few pre-snap penalties and an illegal man down field on a long swing pass.

 

we will see how second half goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...