needmoretacos

Carthage vs. Kilgore  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Carthage
    • Kilgore

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wasn’t surprised at all and kind of figured it’d be a close game.

I like the Kilgore QB. 

Heck, off the top of my head, I can't even recall the Dawgs embarrassing KDogs during the entire Surratt era.  That they're the last team the Dawgs have lost a regular season game to (2016) speaks volumes.  Having said that, and I can only speak for myself,  but had last night's game score been reversed,  this Dawg fan most certainly wouldn't have had a meltdown.  KDogs are legit,  as usual.

Edited by DAWG91
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Heck, off the top of my head, I can't even recall the Dawgs embarrassing KDogs during the entire Surratt era.  That they're the last team the Dawgs have lost a regular season game to (2016) speaks volumes.  Having said that, and I can only speak for myself,  but had last night's game score been reversed,  this Dawg fan most certainly wouldn't have had a meltdown.  KDogs are legit,  as usual.

I agree 100%, I wouldn’t have been in meltdown mode either no matter how much @Haymaker wants to see Carthage fans in such shape.

Had we lost last night it wouldn’t have been the end of the world.  We never want to lose, but it was very good to see our Bulldogs be challenged and pressed to perform.

Surratt threw interceptions and we survived a tightly contested game against a solid team.

Jett is going to be really, really good sooner rather than later.

The main thing coming out of last night is now the health of Matlock.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree 100%, I wouldn’t have been in meltdown mode either no matter how much @Haymaker wants to see Carthage fans in such shape.

Had we lost last night it wouldn’t have been the end of the world.  We never want to lose, but it was very good to see our Bulldogs be challenged and pressed to perform.

Surratt threw interceptions and we survived a tightly contested game against a solid team.

Jett is going to be really, really good sooner rather than later.

The main thing coming out of last night is now the health of Matlock.

We agree politically speaking. That’s what’s important lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Kilgore is going to be tough this season.

The biggest ? for us going in was the D-line as we had 4 new starters there. I'm no longer worried about that group. Soph DT #84 Cameron Christian is special. His brother Peyton was a 4-yr starter and All-State DT last year. Cameron may be better than him.

• Like 2

Just now, Aggie98 said:

For Carthage, I was most impressed by the RB Edwards. He has wiggle, power and speed. When the game was on the line he seemed to have another gear to keep the chains moving.

He’s going to be really good by the time he’s a senior.

Edwards is only a sophomore now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Kilgore has a darn good defense and their QB is legit. He broke a lot of tackles last night. There were four Dawg players had him behind the line of scrimmage and he brakes their tackles and took it to the house. He can spin it too. I predict Kilgore and Chapel Hill in the Quarter finals. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Good lord. After seeing some of the other scores tonight it's good to know that Carthage and Kilgore still know how to play defense. Good game Dawgs. Kilgore will grow from this one.

Or offenses are bad. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Or offenses are bad. 

I didn't see any evidence to support that, but I can see how one could come to that conclusion.

There's probably a lot of people out there that think Pleasant Grove's offense is down because they only scored 10 pts against Brock.

Man this game turned out to be very close. In the end the difference was a three point swing from a special teams play. 
A blocked extra point returned for a two point conversion, took one point away from Kilgore and gave Carthage two. 
Both teams scored four touchdowns. One failed to to convert an extra point.

Had a lot of fun at this one. Can’t wait to see what Kilgore does against the pure speed of Gilmer. 

https://x.com/boxcountytexas/status/1696509248291606579?s=46

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BoxCountyTexas said:

Man this game turned out to be very close. In the end the difference was a three point swing from a special teams play. 
A blocked extra point returned for a two point conversion, took one point away from Kilgore and gave Carthage two. 
Both teams scored four touchdowns. One failed to to convert an extra point.

Had a lot of fun at this one. Can’t wait to see what Kilgore does against the pure speed of Gilmer. 

https://x.com/boxcountytexas/status/1696509248291606579?s=46

Kilgore gonna win!