Nacogdoches vs Lufkin

nacdragon07

For the first time in this Series the game has been moved to SFA. Both teams come into this game 1-0 but took different paths to get there. 

Nac went back and forth with Palestine in a offensive shootout 

while Lufkin handled Tyler legacy pretty easily. 

Lufkin has dominated this series with Nac’s last win coming at Home in 2014. 

The last three times Nac has beaten Lufkin have been at home. 

It’s no doubt that Lufkin is considered the favorite but stranger things have happened. 

your thoughts ?

Edited by nacdragon07

3 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

I’m sure that’s a lie. Maybe 82 or so. 

Not in the last 40 plus years.  The back to back losses in 2013 (28-24) and 2014 (38-35) were in Nacogdoches. We played in Nacogdoches in 2013 as a non district game, then in Nacogdoches again in 2014 as a district game. The other previous loss was in 1992 (21-20)  in Nacogdoches. The previous win by NAC over Lufkin was a 16-0 win in 1982, don't know where that game was played. 

I’ve been told by someone nac has never won in Lufkin. If you find that to be false, let me know the year and score. 

Lufkin. 

Curious to move the game to Homer Bryce. That seems to be catering more to Lufkin’s crowd than Nac’s.  Nac wasn’t likely to sell out I wouldn’t think.  But now Lufkin basically has unlimited seating. 

Cash grab?  I can respect that if that’s the case. But it sure feels like you just sold your home field advantage. 

LP wins comfortably 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Lufkin. 

Curious to move the game to Homer Bryce. That seems to be catering more to Lufkin’s crowd than Nac’s.  Nac wasn’t likely to sell out I wouldn’t think.  But now Lufkin basically has unlimited seating. 

Cash grab?  I can respect that if that’s the case. But it sure feels like you just sold your home field advantage. 

LP wins comfortably 

Nac sells out that game just about every time at home. And does well in Lufkin. The visitors pressbox is being constructed at Dragon stadium. That’s part of the reason the game was moved. 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Not in the last 40 plus years.  The back to back losses in 2013 (28-24) and 2014 (38-35) were in Nacogdoches. We played in Nacogdoches in 2013 as a non district game, then in Nacogdoches again in 2014 as a district game. The other previous loss was in 1992 (21-20)  in Nacogdoches. The previous win by NAC over Lufkin was a 16-0 win in 1982, don't know where that game was played. 

I’ve been told by someone nac has never won in Lufkin. If you find that to be false, let me know the year and score. 

I thought the 82 game was in Lufkin. I could be wrong. 

On 8/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, nacdragon07 said:

I thought the 82 game was in Lufkin. I could be wrong. 

You may be correct.  The history I found on it did not designate where they played. I am positive NAC has defeated Lufkin in Lufkin somewhere down the line, but it has been a long time ago.  If 1982 was the last time, that's 41 years ago, a couple generations have come and gone.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

No comments in this thread for 4 days? That surprises me.

Well I believe the “ Rivalry “ is dead. Hopefully they take a break in realignment Feb.  Just load the non conference schedule with 4a. 

Henderson Kilgore Jax, and Carthage.

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

You may be correct.  The history I found on it did not designate where they played. I am positive NAC has defeated Lufkin in Lufkin somewhere down the line, but it has been a long time ago.  If 1982 was the last time, that's 41 years ago, a couple generations have come and gone.

I think the year that Nac finally beat us again, 2013 or maybe it was the 2014 year after they went back to back for the first time ever, Gary ivins mentioned them never winning on our field. So we still had that streak going. But who knows where he got that info from lol 

14 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Well I believe the “ Rivalry “ is dead. Hopefully they take a break in realignment Feb.  Just load the non conference schedule with 4a. 

Henderson Kilgore Jax, and Carthage.

I am not sure football has ever been a rivalry other than the name. Personally would love to see this series end in football, it does neither team anygood. However, this game isn't going anywhere, I don't think either community will ever let this game go away. The other sports are competitive for the most part.