Pittsburg vs Carthage

PITTHereB4

49 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Young Jett had some trouble against a really good Kilgore secondary last week...he gets to feeling better this week 

He played better than the stats indicate for his first start against a top 10 4A D1 defense.  One INT was a mistake that was returned for a TD, one 50/50 deep ball that was a great play by the DB and really served as a punt, and one tipped pass that should have been caught easily by the WR.  No fumbled snaps, no fumbled handoffs, no delay of game penalties, no broken plays, and no wasted TO’s because players were lined up wrong.  He completed some really good passes with both touch and zip.  I fully expect this week to be better.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I agree about #22…….Little B will probably not run the starter a whole bunch the next 2 weeks so he is fresh for Marshall……..#22 might get 15+ carries each of the next 2 weeks.  

Kid has a whole bunch of natural ability. He is still learning the very basics. 

11 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

That’s gonna hurt especially since Dowden moved. Maybe they will bring Graves up sooner than later

I don't think there's an urgency to get him up there yet.  Let him play with kids his age for a bit and evaluate it when district rolls around.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

That’s gonna hurt especially since Dowden moved. Maybe they will bring Graves up sooner than later

If he gets back in the flow after being out with an injury most of last year, he might be a good slot receiver later in the year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Carthage wins handily and ups its overall record to 99-2 since the October 2016 loss to Kilgore.

That's remarkable. Heck, if we'd have known it would tick y'all off that much we'd have thrown that 2016 game.... lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

That's remarkable. Heck, if we'd have known it would tick y'all off that much we'd have thrown that 2016 game.... lol.

After watching Kilgore play my Dawgs, I see a team that is going to get scary good by the time the playoffs roll a round. Kilgore has a legit defense and a really good QB and running backs. 
Kilgore will not see a D line like the Dawgs have the rest of the year. I and glad Kilgore was that good. Did nothing but help the Dawgs get better, especially Jett Surratt, he handled the pressure and knows he is ready to lead the Dawgs. 

39 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

After watching Kilgore play my Dawgs, I see a team that is going to get scary good by the time the playoffs roll a round. Kilgore has a legit defense and a really good QB and running backs. 
Kilgore will not see a D line like the Dawgs have the rest of the year. I and glad Kilgore was that good. Did nothing but help the Dawgs get better, especially Jett Surratt, he handled the pressure and knows he is ready to lead the Dawgs. 

Iron sharpens iron

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

After the Dawgs D watches the film from last week and see all those missed tackles behind the line of scrimmage because of arm tackling. Pitt will see gang tackling at its finest. 
Jett will light up the score board throwing the ball. 
Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!

Dont forget about the umm conversations that will take place because of the arm tackles..they will most likely be pointed and succinct..I would imagine 👀

• Like 1