Pittsburg vs Carthage

PITTHereB4

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I love how the Panola Watchman said Dawgs look to get back on track against Pitt, like defeating a quality opponent 30-27 on the road in the first game is just awful, hahaha.

They get that from fans reading this site. 

37 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That’s just what the Pitt guys were saying all summer. It was the Slot T holding them back against Gilmer and Carthage.

Someone told me that Pittsburgs spread offense last week was one receiver split out wide and hand the ball off up the middle just about every play. Maybe they will split two wideouts this time against the Dawgs 😂

31 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage mainly working on the passing game and J Surratt is on target most of the time…..Guessing they ran the ball 8 times. 

Carthage over 300 yards first half. 
pitt minus yards rushing and 28 yards passing. Dawgs rushed the ball 6 times in first half. Jett I believe was 18 for 20 with 6 TD passes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage over 300 yards first half. 
pitt minus yards rushing and 28 yards passing. Dawgs rushed the ball 6 times in first half. Jett I believe was 18 for 20 with 6 TD passes. 

Edwards had a rushing td other 5 were td passes by Jett 

Dawgs played well on both sides of the ball. 
My hat is off to Pitt, they never stop playing. 
The Dawgs are getting better, Jett Surratt is gaining more confidence in every play of the game. He was right on the money with his passes and the Dawg receivers you could tell were more comfortable and were catching balls in tight coverage. 
the Dawgs didn’t run ball much in the first half but when they did, Pitt could not stop them. 
Dawgs defense was out standing in the first half. Held Pitt to minus rushing yards and I believe 30 something passing yards. Score was Dawgs 42 to  Pitt 0 at the half. 
I’m The second half only the starting defense took the field for one series. 
There were a whole bunch of Sophomores played last night and they played really well. 
Once again the front seven was way more than Pitt could handle. 
the new starters in the secondary made huge improvements from the first game. 
two interceptions. 
This defense will hit you. Both sides of the ball were very physical last night. 
Great game Dawgs. 
Let’s Go Dawgs !!!!!!!!’   !

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans  

• Like 1

I thought Jett looked equally as comfortable at QB last night as vs Kilgore.  Managed the game well.  Had a couple pre-snap penalties but that’s about it.  Saw the field well, distributed the ball around to like 8-9 different receivers, and made some really good throws in the pocket and on the run.  The 5 TD’s and no INT’s should be a confidence booster.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage’s soph class is loaded with athletes.  When those soph DB’s gain a touch more confidence and a little more speed(possibly by Thanksgiving but if not by next year) they will be hard to beat.  

Yeah I agree.   If 4A D2 is gonna have a shot at beating Carthage in the 4 year run from 2022-2025, this is the year.  The next two are gonna be dominant.

• Like 1