💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

On 12/27/2023 at 8:56 AM, Lion7000 said:

I think you should have to forfeit your NiL if you’re transferring or refusing to play your bowl game. Also like I said a cap needs to be on place. This would fix some of the problems. 

There needs to be clear cut rules in place. States have different laws governing NIL, which gives some schools clear advantages in recruiting. I don’t have the least bit of a problem with players being able to capitalize on their athletic abilities. The schools and coaches are both benefiting big time. It’s definitely a period of change in college football. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t know if you saw, but Nick Saban retired. 

WOW! You're not as smart as you portray. 

He went to Bama to "win' under Saban. That's what you're saying.

Saban retires and he leaves BAMA to quote "win" at Iowa? That's what you're saying according to the "cash" comment.

If so, why not stay home in the first place?

Me: Because he wanted to win in the first place AND Iowa is not a place that will happen on a regular basis.

TRUTH: DaBoer didn't care for how many plays he took off. Told him your welcome to hit the portal.

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

WOW! You're not as smart as you portray. 

He went to Bama to "win' under Saban. That's what you're saying.

Saban retires and he leaves BAMA to quote "win" at Iowa? That's what you're saying according to the "cash" comment.

If so, why not stay home in the first place?

Me: Because he wanted to win in the first place AND Iowa is not a place that will happen on a regular basis.

TRUTH: DaBoer didn't care for how many plays he took off. Told him your welcome to hit the portal.

He went to Alabama to PLAY for Nick Saban. 

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He went to Alabama to PLAY for Nick Saban. 

DUDE, if anyone knows that I do IDIOT! 

Think man, what's the reason of anyone hitting the portal MONEY our home sickness. 

He left a program that will dam sure win a lot more game than Iowa or Oklahoma. That's a fact!

Just wait until the portal opens up for Bama. It will get crazy.

DaBoer had a way worse situation a UW than Bama.

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

DUDE, if anyone knows that I do IDIOT! 

Think man, what's the reason of anyone hitting the portal MONEY our home sickness. 

He left a program that will dam sure win a lot more game than Iowa or Oklahoma. That's a fact!

Just wait until the portal opens up for Bama. It will get crazy.

DaBoer had a way worse situation a UW than Bama.

How about the only reason you went to Tuscaloosa no longer existing?

Does that check a box?

And it won’t be that crazy. They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

Edited by Valhalla

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

I'm guessing this rule wouldn't apply to Texas and OU since they don't officially join until the summer?

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm guessing this rule wouldn't apply to Texas and OU since they don't officially join until the summer?

I am actually not sure about that. That would be quite the advantage in the Spring Portal if it does not. 

55 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Does that check a box?

And it won’t be that crazy. They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

The last time I checked the portal didn't JUST include the SEC. Am I wrong?

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

What was the Walter Nolan “read your contract” thing about?

My guess is there were certain expectations that needed to be met for him to receive all the funds/perks and he didn’t meet them. Goes to social media and tries to slander because that’s what immature and emotional 20 year olds do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Does that check a box?

I think Bama fans are about to be very surprised how much of an impact Saban had for them. Alabama will always be a very good program. They know what it takes to win from an organizational standpoint and they will keep trying until they get it right. But they are in for a rude awakening if they think life will be the same under any coach not named Saban. He was the best to ever do it. They will likely never achieve the run they had those 15ish years under him again. Hell honestly nobody probably ever will. 

There were most definitely players who understood that and 100% went to Alabama solely for Nick Saban. 

Edited by WETSU

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think Bama fans are about to be very surprised how much of an impact Saban had for them. Alabama will always be a very good program. They know what it takes to win from an organizational standpoint and they will keep trying until they get it right. But they are in for a rude awakening if they think life will be the same under any coach not named Saban. He was the best to ever do it. They will likely never achieve the run they had those 15ish years under him again. Hell honestly nobody probably ever will. 

There were most definitely players who understood that and 100% went to Alabama solely for Nick Saban. 

Agree the HC definitely has a massive influence. You would like to think the school would recruit itself but they’re hundreds of schools that can give them a great opportunity. Jimbo Fisher was an example of guy’s tendency to come. However, development and success comes with the HC . 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

My guess is there were certain expectations that needed to be met for him to receive all the funds/perks and he didn’t meet them. Goes to social media and tries to slander because that’s what immature and emotional 20 year olds do. 

Exactly 👍 

On 1/20/2024 at 8:27 PM, Red90fly said:

Took the question to the OU sites and this is what the insiders said. 

IMG_0849.jpeg

• Thanks 1