Jump to content

💰 The Official NIL thread 💰


Recommended Posts

On 12/27/2023 at 8:56 AM, Lion7000 said:

I think you should have to forfeit your NiL if you’re transferring or refusing to play your bowl game. Also like I said a cap needs to be on place. This would fix some of the problems. 

There needs to be clear cut rules in place. States have different laws governing NIL, which gives some schools clear advantages in recruiting. I don’t have the least bit of a problem with players being able to capitalize on their athletic abilities. The schools and coaches are both benefiting big time. It’s definitely a period of change in college football. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t know if you saw, but Nick Saban retired. 

WOW! You're not as smart as you portray. 

He went to Bama to "win' under Saban. That's what you're saying.

Saban retires and he leaves BAMA to quote "win" at Iowa? That's what you're saying according to the "cash" comment.

If so, why not stay home in the first place?

Me: Because he wanted to win in the first place AND Iowa is not a place that will happen on a regular basis.

TRUTH: DaBoer didn't care for how many plays he took off. Told him your welcome to hit the portal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

WOW! You're not as smart as you portray. 

He went to Bama to "win' under Saban. That's what you're saying.

Saban retires and he leaves BAMA to quote "win" at Iowa? That's what you're saying according to the "cash" comment.

If so, why not stay home in the first place?

Me: Because he wanted to win in the first place AND Iowa is not a place that will happen on a regular basis.

TRUTH: DaBoer didn't care for how many plays he took off. Told him your welcome to hit the portal.

He went to Alabama to PLAY for Nick Saban. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He went to Alabama to PLAY for Nick Saban. 
 

 

DUDE, if anyone knows that I do IDIOT! 

Think man, what's the reason of anyone hitting the portal MONEY our home sickness. 

He left a program that will dam sure win a lot more game than Iowa or Oklahoma. That's a fact!

Just wait until the portal opens up for Bama. It will get crazy.

DaBoer had a way worse situation a UW than Bama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

DUDE, if anyone knows that I do IDIOT! 

Think man, what's the reason of anyone hitting the portal MONEY our home sickness. 

He left a program that will dam sure win a lot more game than Iowa or Oklahoma. That's a fact!

Just wait until the portal opens up for Bama. It will get crazy.

DaBoer had a way worse situation a UW than Bama.

How about the only reason you went to Tuscaloosa no longer existing?

Does that check a box?

And it won’t be that crazy. They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

Edited by Valhalla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

I'm guessing this rule wouldn't apply to Texas and OU since they don't officially join until the summer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm guessing this rule wouldn't apply to Texas and OU since they don't officially join until the summer?

I am actually not sure about that. That would be quite the advantage in the Spring Portal if it does not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How about the only reason you went to Tuscaloosa no longer existing?

Does that check a box?

And it won’t be that crazy. They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

The last time I checked the portal didn't JUST include the SEC. Am I wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

What was the Walter Nolan “read your contract” thing about?

My guess is there were certain expectations that needed to be met for him to receive all the funds/perks and he didn’t meet them. Goes to social media and tries to slander because that’s what immature and emotional 20 year olds do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

How about the only reason you went to Tuscaloosa no longer existing?

Does that check a box?

And it won’t be that crazy. They won’t get people from SEC schools in the Spring portal. You can’t go from SEC to SEC in the spring without siting a year. 

I think Bama fans are about to be very surprised how much of an impact Saban had for them. Alabama will always be a very good program. They know what it takes to win from an organizational standpoint and they will keep trying until they get it right. But they are in for a rude awakening if they think life will be the same under any coach not named Saban. He was the best to ever do it. They will likely never achieve the run they had those 15ish years under him again. Hell honestly nobody probably ever will. 
 

There were most definitely players who understood that and 100% went to Alabama solely for Nick Saban. 

Edited by WETSU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think Bama fans are about to be very surprised how much of an impact Saban had for them. Alabama will always be a very good program. They know what it takes to win from an organizational standpoint and they will keep trying until they get it right. But they are in for a rude awakening if they think life will be the same under any coach not named Saban. He was the best to ever do it. They will likely never achieve the run they had those 15ish years under him again. Hell honestly nobody probably ever will. 
 

There were most definitely players who understood that and 100% went to Alabama solely for Nick Saban. 

Agree the HC definitely has a massive influence. You would like to think the school would recruit itself but they’re hundreds of schools that can give them a great opportunity. Jimbo Fisher was an example of guy’s tendency to come. However, development and success comes with the HC . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

My guess is there were certain expectations that needed to be met for him to receive all the funds/perks and he didn’t meet them. Goes to social media and tries to slander because that’s what immature and emotional 20 year olds do. 

Exactly 👍 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2024 at 8:27 PM, Red90fly said:

I'm guessing this rule wouldn't apply to Texas and OU since they don't officially join until the summer?

Took the question to the OU sites and this is what the insiders said. 
 

IMG_0849.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...