Jump to content

WEEK 4: Marshall (1-2) Vs Carthage (3-0)


Mavchamp

Marshall Vs Carthage  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Who ya got?

    • Carthage in a close one
      20
    • Marshall in a close one
      4
    • Carthage in a blowout
      25
    • Marshall inna blowout
      0

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Marshall has all of the elements to be a solid team. I just don't think this game will be close. If Marshall can stay balanced and get some consistent first downs, they would stay in this game. I just don't think they will against Carthage front 7.

Agree 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Bandwagon fan?

Not hardly! I've been watching them since 2007.  I'm not from Carthage, but have family who live there. I'm 49 years old and don't have a dog in the fight. I was raised up on highschool football. I have the luxury of being able to attend what I hope to be the best games from week to week. I've been there for a lot of the Carthage games and respect a winning program. I live in Pittsburg, so there's not much to see here! Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Davidson said:

Not hardly! I've been watching them since 2007.  I'm not from Carthage, but have family who live there. I'm 49 years old and don't have a dog in the fight. I was raised up on highschool football. I have the luxury of being able to attend what I hope to be the best games from week to week. I've been there for a lot of the Carthage games and respect a winning program. I live in Pittsburg, so there's not much to see here! Lol

I know you will be at the Pitt vs SH game later this year.  Playoff implications on the line for who gets to play Carthage in round one.  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I know you will be at the Pitt vs SH game later this year.  Playoff implications on the line for who gets to play Carthage in round one.  😂

I’m interested in knowing whether the two of you prefer for your teams to win that big matchup, which would require them to play Carthage, or lose it and avoid having to play Carthage.😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

I’m interested in knowing whether the two of you prefer for your teams to win that big matchup, which would require them to play Carthage, or lose it and avoid having to play Carthage.😂

I forgot the exact scenario but a couple years ago Temple had a similar situation. Either win the last game of the season and the playoff road be more difficult or lose and potentially win a couple of playoff games. They lost on purpose then also lost the first playoff game. At the time I thought they made the right decision. Wish I remembered the exact circumstances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I forgot the exact scenario but a couple years ago Temple had a similar situation. Either win the last game of the season and the playoff road be more difficult or lose and potentially win a couple of playoff games. They lost on purpose then also lost the first playoff game. At the time I thought they made the right decision. Wish I remembered the exact circumstances. 

Whitehouse and Nac had a similar situation a few years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nacdragon07 said:

yep and they pulled their starters in the 2nd half and basically threw the game.

I felt good for Nac well kinda of ( Texas High) but thought it was poop of Whitehouse and I wasn’t shocked they would do that. I don’t necessarily dislike Whitehouse but they seem like a not so solid program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

I felt good for Nac well kinda of ( Texas High) but thought it was poop of Whitehouse and I wasn’t shocked they would do that. I don’t necessarily dislike Whitehouse but they seem like a not so solid program.

that game left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth. i will say we were on such a roll we would have beaten them with their starters in,we held the lead at Halftime. the fans especially the student section is GOD AWFUL during games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2023 at 12:13 PM, cotton84 said:

Marshall has very little chance every year against Longview mainly because of difference in enrollment/players to choose from……Bigger percentage difference between Carthage/Marshall than Longview/Marshall………Carthage should have very little chance of winning.  

Going to take ALOT more of an opp than marshall for the Dawgs to have "very little" chance of winning!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Good job Marshall JV. I can’t speak for Henderson but Carthage never has a good JV squad. All of their talent goes straight from the freshmen team to the varsity. JV is always bypassed. 

Same with Marshall most seasons. It’s generally the thinnest of all of the teams. Talented players will skip JV and move on to varsity.

We currently have 5 sophomores on offense on varsity.  Not sure about defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Same with Marshall most seasons. It’s generally the thinnest of all of the teams. Talented players will skip JV and move on to varsity.

We currently have 5 sophomores on offense on varsity.  Not sure about defense. 

Sounds like y’all are on the right path on y’all’s program. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all the young'unz getting pt on Varsity and the JV/Freshman teams showing off, Mavs look set for years 3-5 of the Alverez tenure.

This may be a down year compared to the next few. May can make a run for top 2 in district again and a home playoff win. That would be a successful season for all that we lost to graduation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...