GUNTER CANADIAN

blueflu

4 hours ago, blueflu said:

Could be last time they play (if it happens)

Man I hope it’s not! We will stay D2 for this, and most likely next realignment, but our elementary and early JH classes are real small. Will go down to 2A and never go back up. 

IF GT goes up this year, would love to see it continue as non district games.

I think coaches, fans, and players from both sides can agree these two teams have made each other better. 

With the exception of our year where we lost 7 starters to injury, you could book death, taxes, and Canadian/GT every year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

I'll be disappointed if this game doesn't happen.  But its a little early yet.....Bells, Holliday, Comanche could be tough.  Come team could come out of the woodwork.

Agree. I don’t think Bells or Holliday will do much this year. IMHO, it comes down to Comanche and Gunter in R2, and Wall and Canadian in R1.

• Like 1

Bells will probably roll Comanche again in the second round if they meet again.   I think people are discounting them because they lost 17 seniors.  It's not the like the kids that were backing up some of the skill players didn't know how to play.   Plus, the offensive line that ran over Comanche is all back this season I believe.   Holliday will be there also by the time the playoffs get here.   Those teams are just on a different level strength and physicality wise than Comanche.

• Like 1