DeKalb at New Boston

kooldown54

Yes, DK has hard feelings for NB scheduling them for Homecoming but in their defense, NB only had 4 home games and 1 being Senior night.  Where does the Traveling Trophy rest for the next year plus this game has huge seeding implications within the district

Edited by kooldown54

DK did well last Friday against Tenaha. DK was favored to win but won a bit bigger than most expected.  NB is solid and will be at home. I think the winner will finish # two in district. That being said I think this will be a one score game in NB’s favor.  I do look for both to be playing in week 12.

11 hours ago, kooldown54 said:

Yes, DK has hard feelings for NB scheduling them for Homecoming but in their defense, NB only had 4 home games and 1 being Senior night.  Where does the Traveling Trophy rest for the next year plus this game has huge seeding implications within the district

Making this game a Homecoming game is awesome and just ups the ante! This should be a great game and y’all should try to win it for the girls in the pretty dresses!

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, HHSFan95 said:

In this kind of game, nobody should ever be favored by more than 1 score.  Except for those late 2000's/early 2010's NB teams...

This one could sure come down the the last possession for the win...or loss.  Winky seems to be hitting his stride, so he'll be a difference maker for sure.  We'll need to take him down with the first hand to touch him(no missed tackles), if he gets loose he'll be trouble.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

This one could sure come down the the last possession for the win...or loss.  Winky seems to be hitting his stride, so he'll be a difference maker for sure.  We'll need to take him down with the first hand to touch him(no missed tackles), if he gets loose he'll be trouble.  

BUT......New Boston has a couple RB's too!  Same goes for DK, they better make the tackle at first contact, just saying

7 minutes ago, DKBear123 said:

Thanks for proving my point. 

Just now, kooldown54 said:

Hand on, I'll edit this with the 22 season, that way it will draw DK's numbers a little closer to NB's, help ya feel better! 

Ya know what, never mind, you can do the math!!  Go to West 7th if you need someone to talk to about your feelings! 

4 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Hey, no problem...  My point is the big picture, says a little more than the last 6 consecutive wins, scoring 143-47 and still haven't caught NB in total scored or wins for that matter

Yes, there have been plenty of blowouts in this rivalry, just like I said. 6 years is the recent history, that's why I posted. Steak will be 7 on Friday and the game won't be close. 

1 minute ago, DKBear123 said:

Yes, there have been plenty of blowouts in this rivalry, just like I said. 6 years is the recent history, that's why I posted. Steak will be 7 on Friday and the game won't be close. 

Make sure you're around when this bold prediction doesn't play out for you!  

37 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Hey, no problem...  My point is the big picture, says a little more than the last 6 consecutive wins, scoring 143-47 and still haven't caught NB in total scored or wins for that matter

Actually, if you are referring to all-time series, DeKalb leads 47-44-2 and scoring 1583-1526. 

Which shows why this is such a fun and spirited rivalry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bearliever said:

Actually, if you are referring to all-time series, DeKalb leads 47-44-2 and scoring 1583-1526. 

Which shows why this is such a fun and spirited rivalry.

This was the furthest back i could find in a short period of time.  Never the less, gonna be fun to watch!