Meeks4Prez

Center vs Rusk  

33 members have voted

1. 1. who ya got?

• Center
    • Rusk

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Rusk.  Thomas Sitton is the best coach in this district not named Surratt.  If he was at Center they wouldn't be getting scored on all the time and would play defense.

I HIGLY doubt that those kids would play defense for anyone, when you have a former Gilmer DC and can’t get kids to tackle and kids are still soft then you cannot blame yourself as a coach for the kids deciding to be soft and play like that 

As good as the QB play has been at Rusk over the last couple of years, I really like the kid they have now. I think Rusk is going to be able to get the win in this one. Looking at scores and seeing them both play, Rusk puts more of an emphasis on defense and I think it makes a difference.

Rusk 34, Center 30

If Center's defense could ever catch up to the offense they'd be good enough to be Carthage's little brother. I kid, I kid. Center's offense is very impressive. Defense reminds me of a soggy paper towel. Not the good kind, Great Value. Gotta be demoralizing for Center fans. This has to be the single most talented team I've ever seen Center field and can't seem to tackle anybody. Haven't watched a game in a while.....has the staff at least started playing some studs both ways? I'm telling yall. Cross at free safety, Dixon at LB, WRs at corner and it'll fix a good bit of the defensive issues. It'll slow down the offensive production a tad but defense wins Championships.

Center is good because of the athletes, not the discipline. Gotta have the best athletes on the field as much as possible. Stellar athletes make plays...doesn't matter which side of the ball they are on......they'll make plays.

Everyone knows our QB Watson for his ability to command the flex offense and his tanky runs and smart decisions. But he starts at ILB for us and is by far the best defender we have. He's committed to play LB at the next level at La Tech. Playing those offensive studs on defense could get them an offer they may not have gotten playing offense only.......js 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Center is good because of the athletes, not the discipline. Gotta have the best athletes on the field as much as possible. Stellar athletes make plays...doesn't matter which side of the ball they are on......they'll make plays.

Everyone knows our QB Watson for his ability to command the flex offense and his tanky runs and smart decisions. But he starts at ILB for us and is by far the best defender we have. He's committed to play LB at the next level at La Tech. Playing those offensive studs on defense could get them an offer they may not have gotten playing offense only.......js 

Eagle8 is on point here.  Both qbs for Koff (Peace) and GV (Jentsch) were recruited by Lamar to play LB and FS, even though their QB play was great on offense, neither one had offers for offense. Since then both players have moved on to Junior colleges playing QB Peace at TVCC and Jentsch to Navarro and still play against each other. Comes around full circle sometimes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Eagle8 is on point here.  Both qbs for Koff (Peace) and GV (Jentsch) were recruited by Lamar to play LB and FS, even though their QB play was great on offense, neither one had offers for offense. Since then both players have moved on to Junior colleges playing QB Peace at TVCC and Jentsch to Navarro and still play against each other. Comes around full circle sometimes. 

Happens often. You can't look at Cash Cross and tell me he doesn't have D1 defender written all over him. What is he? 6'4 210? Demarvion Overshown was 6'4 200 in high school, drafted 3rd round as an inside LB. Cross is every bit as athletic as he was. Now....Cross may get some QB offers....but as a college LB or Safety, absolute freak.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

If Center's defense could ever catch up to the offense they'd be good enough to be Carthage's little brother. I kid, I kid. Center's offense is very impressive. Defense reminds me of a soggy paper towel. Not the good kind, Great Value. Gotta be demoralizing for Center fans. This has to be the single most talented team I've ever seen Center field and can't seem to tackle anybody. Haven't watched a game in a while.....has the staff at least started playing some studs both ways? I'm telling yall. Cross at free safety, Dixon at LB, WRs at corner and it'll fix a good bit of the defensive issues. It'll slow down the offensive production a tad but defense wins Championships.

they have started playing Cross and Dixon on defense, Cross at DB and Dixon at LB.. now I think they should move Cross to safety. it wouldn’t be that way if the kids weren’t scared to tackle.. they’re soft simple and coach knows it and he’s addressed it but it’s up to the players to play. Good Analysis 

5 hours ago, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

they have started playing Cross and Dixon on defense, Cross at DB and Dixon at LB.. now I think they should move Cross to safety. it wouldn’t be that way if the kids weren’t scared to tackle.. they’re soft simple and coach knows it and he’s addressed it but it’s up to the players to play. Good Analysis 

...and get in that gym. Boys don't have any gripping strength.