best quarterback in your school's history.

nacdragon07

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, 903TylerRose said:

Tyler legacy 

Zach hall he got most of the records offense was avg around 40 some a game.

Luke Wolf. Tyler Legacy. 

Billy Thompkins. Tyler High. 

Edited by VonG
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, VonG said:

Luke Wolf. Tyler Legacy. 

Billy Thompkins. Tyler High. 

Luke wolf you tripping no disrespect to him but he was one of our main problems he nor even in the top 8

1 hour ago, 903TylerRose said:

Luke wolf you tripping no disrespect to him but he was one of our main problems he nor even in the top 8

Matt Flynn? Andy Newberry? Anyone? Bueller? 

On 9/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, mavfanpanamacity said:

Marshall 

Old Timer YA Tittle LSU-49ers-NY Giants NFL Hall of Fame

modern era

Benny Valentine 1988 Undefeated (lost to Dallas Carter in the quarter finals 22-18 , Jessie Armstead scored with :17 left. Carter had to forfeit their entire season and that left Marshall the only undefeated team in 5A football . Marshall would have played Odessa Permian the next week in the Semi Finals and Marshall had already beated Permian earlier in the season. Converse Judson was awarded the title even though they were trounced by Carter in the title game. Marshall would have won the title if Carter would have be not allowed to play in the playoffs to begin with as the rules stated. Marshall got their revenge on Judson in 1990 beating them for the title in the Astrodome) Valentine went on to play at Tulane and then reunited with Dennis Parker at UNT and played QB

Chad Fox- 1990 State Championship-Juco and UNT briefly 

Honorable Mention 

CJ Byrd Back to back state title games and played qb at Southern University 

Darius Jones-Baylor played DB

Wayne Nichols-Houston played DB

Allen Survia- Texas-Taft College- Raiders played DB

Gotta include Justin Hart in the honorable mention.  I think he owns the record for career passing yards and career TD's for a Maverick QB.   Over 4,000 yards if I recall..... can't remember the TD's.

If he would have had better teams around him in his early years he would have been electric.  But he was on maybe the worst Maverick team in Marshall history (2012). Capped his career off with a regional semifinals.

21 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Gotta include Justin Hart in the honorable mention.  I think he owns the record for career passing yards and career TD's for a Maverick QB.   Over 4,000 yards if I recall..... can't remember the TD's.

If he would have had better teams around him in his early years he would have been electric.  But he was on maybe the worst Maverick team in Marshall history (2012). Capped his career off with a regional semifinals.

That 2015 team had the most electric Mav offense I can remember watching. Was the last mav team to beat Longview. Then Hart jacks his knee up the week before Texas High. Forcing us to become one dimensional. Cam Haller and Chavis Mills were still hard to stop on the ground, but Hart made the offense impossible to stop. Our only 4 year starter at Qb I remember.

Ah, I knew Steve Canter here in Jacksonville. Sadly, killed in a car crash in the late 90s. Played at A&M. His dad, Jim Canter, had quite a coaching career in Jacksonville, two semi final teams in 1974 and 1975. he was my head coach