Cushing (3-2) at Overton (5-0), 11-2A (D-II) district opener

Stackthebox

Cushing at Overton  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cushing Bearkats
    • Overton Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2023 at 12:00 AM

• Stackthebox changed the title to OVERTON 5-0 Vs Cushing 3-2 next week district opener 11-2A Div 2 !!!!!!!

I expect this to be a very good game. The BearKats have two losses by a total of 7 points (6pts) & (1pt) against Good teams 2A division 1 teams. This game will likely be won by the team with the fewest penalties, turn overs and mental mistakes. This district is more balanced this year than it has been in many years. Each team will have two weeks to prepare, polish their game and heal and recover injuries players. Better arrive early to claim a seat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, action10 said:

I expect this to be a very good game. The BearKats have two losses by a total of 7 points (6pts) & (1pt) against Good teams 2A division 1 teams. This game will likely be won by the team with the fewest penalties, turn overs and mental mistakes. This district is more balanced this year than it has been in many years. Each team will have two weeks to prepare, polish their game and heal and recover injuries players. Better arrive early to claim a seat.

Calling Union Grove a good team is a stretch.

6 hours ago, action10 said:

Please park in the visitor's parking lot on the east side of the stadium and not the home side lot...visitor lot is actually larger than the home side.

Mustang Stadium.jpg

Edited by Ronster23

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Calling Union Grove a good team is a stretch.

I call always expect negativity or a comeback on this era of Smoaky. UG is 4-1 not a bad start, Overton is 5-0 a good start. Cushing is 3-2 Fair start with 2 losses by (6) & (1)  points total 7pts in two losses. I prefer to always see the positives

• Like 4

• Mr. P changed the title to OVERTON 5-0 Vs Cushing 3-2 next week district opener 11-2A Div 2 !!!!!!!
20 hours ago, action10 said:

I call always expect negativity or a comeback on this era of Smoaky. UG is 4-1 not a bad start, Overton is 5-0 a good start. Cushing is 3-2 Fair start with 2 losses by (6) & (1)  points total 7pts in two losses. I prefer to always see the positives

Overton is off to a great start. I hope they go 6-0.

Union Grove will finish 4-6.

Overton took it to UG in a scrimmage as well if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Valhalla

Game went to OT last year.  Cushing lost a good bit from last year's team and Overton returns almost entire team.  Cushing's best two-way lineman has been out since the 1st series of game two.  Hopefully back this week.  Could easily be 5-0.

Edited by Red90fly
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Game went to OT last year.  Cushing lost a good bit from last year's team and Overton returns almost entire team.  Cushing's best two-way lineman has been out since the 1st series of game two.  Hopefully back this week.  Could easily be 5-0.

I agree!   Plus they have had a couple more players come out that’s helping out.  

• Like 1

I like the BearKats in a close game. Question for someone in the know, is there wheel chair access from visitor parking lot? I have been to Overton many times several since remodel and update, just never paid much attention handicapped accessibility prior to needing it.

Edited by action10

3 hours ago, action10 said:

I like the BearKats in a close game. Question for someone in the know, is there wheel chair access from visitor parking lot? I have been to Overton many times several since remodel and update, just never paid much attention handicapped accessibility prior to needing it.

You need to park in the handicap areas...see map blue areas

Mustang Stadium.jpg

• Like 1