Jump to content

Malakoff vs Teague for DC


blackngoldtiger

Malakoff vs Teague  

30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, SptsEd said:

MALAKOFF-TEAGUE SERIES

ALL-TIME RESULTS

(Tigers lead, 13-9)

1935 – Teague 7, Malakoff 6

1936 – Teague 36, Malakoff 0

1951 – Teague 13, Malakoff 6

1974 – Teague 27, Malakoff 6

1975 – Malakoff 20, Teague 6

1980 – Malakoff 22, Teague 8

1981 – Malakoff 13, Teague 0

1982 – Malakoff 24, Teague 7

1983 – Malakoff 27, Teague 0

1986 – Teague 44, Malakoff 20

1987 – Teague 20, Malakoff 0

2010 – Malakoff 21, Teague 20

2011 – Malakoff 27, Teague 13

2014 – Teague 50, Malakoff 35

2015 – Teague 28, Malakoff 7

2016 – Malakoff 40, Teague 36

2017 – Teague 35, Malakoff 14

2018 – Malakoff 60, Teague 30

2019 – Malakoff 40, Teague 14

2020 – Malakoff 77, Teague 0

2021 – Malakoff 38, Teague 0

2022 – Malakoff 32, Teague 18

The two games that stand out for me are the 2016 and 2017 games. In the 2016 game Teague had the lead and was inside the Tigers 5 yard line and Malakoff stopped the Lions on 4th down on literally the one inch line. The Tigers drove the length of the field and scored with just seconds to go. The next year West, Teague and Malakoff were locked in a heated race for the District Championship. West beat Teague, Malakoff had beaten West. Teague was looking like they would be the 3rd seed. Teague ended up the 1st seed by scoring on a 80 yard td late in the game to win the tiebreaker system.Both years each team made deep runs. Malakoff has had the Lions number the past 5 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, player73 said:

The two games that stand out for me are the 2016 and 2017 games. In the 2016 game Teague had the lead and was inside the Tigers 5 yard line and Malakoff stopped the Lions on 4th down on literally the one inch line. The Tigers drove the length of the field and scored with just seconds to go. The next year West, Teague and Malakoff were locked in a heated race for the District Championship. West beat Teague, Malakoff had beaten West. Teague was looking like they would be the 3rd seed. Teague ended up the 1st seed by scoring on a 80 yard td late in the game to win the tiebreaker system.Both years each team made deep runs. Malakoff has had the Lions number the past 5 years. 

That was an great game in 16'. That series is known as the "The Drive" here in Koff. Probably top 5 greatest regular season games I've seen in person. 

In 17' I think Koff came into that game thinking they were gonna beat Teague and didn't show up as we had beaten West and had that mentality they couldn't be beat. Koff got straight up got punch in the mouth that game. I think Teague made a pretty good run that year as we both got beaten out by State champs Rockdale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

That was an great game in 16'. That series is known as the "The Drive" here in Koff. Probably top 5 greatest regular season games I've seen in person. 

In 17' I think Koff came into that game thinking they were gonna beat Teague and didn't show up as we had beaten West and had that mentality they couldn't be beat. Koff got straight up got punch in the mouth that game. I think Teague made a pretty good run that year as we both got beaten out by State champs Rockdale. 

Y’all lost in the semifinals that year and we lost in the quarterfinals the next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2023 at 8:02 AM, HHSFan95 said:

Teague by 6 - Malakoff can't be a bigger favorite than they were in 2017.

As I recall the Tigers were not big favorites in that game if at all 

This game Harris has at 31 so lot bigger favorite this year 

Edited by Coach0001
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

As I recall the Tigers were not big favorites in that game if at all 

This game Harris has at 31 so lot bigger favorite this year 

They were Top 5 and Teague (I lived there then) had just been beaten pretty soundly by West and wasn't playing too well.  That game changed the whole season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HHSFan95 said:

They were Top 5 and Teague (I lived there then) had just been beaten pretty soundly by West and wasn't playing too well.  That game changed the whole season.

I think all 3 were ranked pretty highly that season. If it wasn't for Rockdale that year. Probably would have seen a rematch from that district then. All 3 teams gotten beat by Rockdale in the post season, West and Koff played Rockdale really good until the 4th qtr in both games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I think all 3 were ranked pretty highly that season. If it wasn't for Rockdale that year. Probably would have seen a rematch from that district then. All 3 teams gotten beat by Rockdale in the post season, West and Koff played Rockdale really good until the 4th qtr in both games. 

Teague had a chance to beat Rockdale - They made a QB change that got them back within 14 and then got a turnover but decided to switch back to the starter and it was over from there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HHSFan95 said:

They were Top 5 and Teague (I lived there then) had just been beaten pretty soundly by West and wasn't playing too well.  That game changed the whole season.

Well my son was a Sr at the Koff that year 

West had beaten Teague but as I recall Teague had won the next 3-4 games after that including a tight one against a pretty good Groesbeck team 

So maybe Malakoff was the favorite that year but nothing like they are favored this year 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

I think all 3 were ranked pretty highly that season. If it wasn't for Rockdale that year. Probably would have seen a rematch from that district then. All 3 teams gotten beat by Rockdale in the post season, West and Koff played Rockdale really good until the 4th qtr in both games. 

Rockdale got the move in QB from New Mexico that change that team from good to State Champions. Sources say he moved back after the season 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by player73
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Gladewater's 7th grade is gonna be tough if they stay to high school. They put a whopping on us.

What was the 8th grade score? 

46-14, Malakoff had 3,long TD passes that the Teague secondary busted their assignments. The game was really better than the final score. QB has a good arm and 24 runs hard for Malakoff. Teague will be fine with this group the next several years as there are some good looking kids in this group.

Edited by player73
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, player73 said:

46-14, Malakoff had 3,long TD passes that the Teague secondary busted their assignments. The game was really better than the final score. QB has a good arm and 24 runs hard for Malakoff. Teague will be fine with this group the next several years as there are some good looking kids in this group.

That do it all kid number 5 Will Self is gonna be a major problem for people. Might be one of the best 8th Grade teams I have seen ina while. Driskell is loaded for long runs to come with that group of kids. Very impressed with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...