Pre Season Games

cujoforlife

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I've always felt like Carthage vs Henderson and Carthage vs Kilgore should be a given. At least rotate them every two years or something. 

And while everyone is talking about Carthage playing up and for good reason. I've always been curious how a few of the prominant 3A programs might stack up against Surratt and Carthage. I know, It'll probably never happen. And Dawgs fans have no reason or inclination to believe they would make it a game but I think a Carthage vs Franklin or Carthage vs Gunter could definitely be interesting, if nothing else. Gunter has absolutely zero athletes that compare to Carthage nor the depth but year in and year out they are a well oiled machine. Could their extreme discipline and tricky offense give Carthage any kind of game at all? We'll never know but I often wonder what would happen if they had the chance. I'll say this.....if you lined either Franklin or Gunter up against them, I bet there would be quite a bit more resistance than Pittsburg showed the last 2 years. So, maybe it's not as far fetched as the initial thought. 

Yeah we don’t want none. 

On 11/13/2023 at 6:11 AM, bossman1 said:

Carthage vs D. Cowboys (@ the Star scrimmage)

Carthage vs GP North Shore (scrimmage)

Carthage vs Tx Longhorns

Carthage vs A&M

Carthage vs Alabama

Carthage vs Duncanville

Carthage vs Longview 

Dawgs go 3-2 and the haters go wild when the Dawgs lose2 in a row🤣🤣🤣

All joking aside

Dawgs vs Henderson (just bc it’s fun watching them beating the brakes off of the cowards of Rusk County)

Dawgs vs Kilgore (always competitive)

Dawgs vs Marshall (why not)

Dawgs vs Tx High (Thanking them for Surratt)

Dawgs vs Lindale ( To prove DI is not superior to DII as someone seems to think)

Dawgs vs Argyle, La Vega or China Spring

Carthage would never play down to a team like A&M. LOL! 

• LOL! 4

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Come on 'cowboy,' lighten up and have a little fun.  Still, we both know the head-to-head is what matters.  the thread is about preseason matchups and this one was glaringly missing from the long list given by bossman.  Dawgs have had enough of the Panthers.

I honestly didn't think about LH until you mentioned them bc they are never brought up as the Big Bother that people want to see the Dawgs play and hopefully lose to. I would gladly accept those 2 loses again if it resulted in 9 rings scattered around them. I respect LH especially after learning of the coaches illness and what they were dealing with during the week of that last matchup.

14 hours ago, bossman1 said:

I honestly didn't think about LH until you mentioned them bc they are never brought up as the Big Bother that people want to see the Dawgs play and hopefully lose to. I would gladly accept those 2 loses again if it resulted in 9 rings scattered around them. I respect LH especially after learning of the coaches illness and what they were dealing with during the week of that last matchup.

In a rare moment of total transparency, I know Carthage is a far superior program to my humble Liberty Hill Panthers.  We were very fortunate to even be in the 2018 game, much less have enough luck to win.  Yes, the stars had to align for LH to get that win.  They'll likely never play again with the LH area growing, opening a new high school next year with both being 5A forevermore.  

Also, I'm a Texas High Alum, so I enjoy seeing your coach win all that he can.  

16 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Sorry that games still bothers me. The three dropped passes with no defender in five yards of Dixon or Williams and the fact LH ran for 500 yards on the Dawgs. 
That game gets to me worse than the El Campo loss did. 

Like I just said to bossman, I know Carthage is a superior program and LH was more than fortunate to get that win.  All respect to the Dawgs.  My annual pokes on Smokey are just for fun.  While LH is more competitive than most thought they'd be in 5A with the Slot-T, they could be in for some lean years ahead with a second HS opening next year.  Never know how that will impact...

• 2 weeks later...

Would like seeing more high profile games and regional matches.

Marshall vs Pine Tree ( Pt 4a)

Marshall vs Lufkin 

Marshall vs Kilgore

Pt vs Spring Hill

Chapel Hill vs Tyler 

Lindale vs Tyler 

Longview vs Aledo not playing Marshall .

Longview vs Texas high

Jacksonville vs Rusk or Bullard

Nac vs Henderson and not playing Lufkin 

Texas High vs Lufkin or Carthage 

West Rusk vs Carlisle 

Henderson vs Tatum 

Carthage vs Cuero or Silsbee 

Gilmer vs Gladewater 

Tatum Vs Beckville 

I am sure I am missing some but you get the point .

3 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Henderson v Carthage

Henderson v Nac

Henderson v Van

I like those as well. With new HC we might change it up might answer Suratt call.  Might…. 

statically Nac is Henderson most common opponent and first official win. 

Edited by Lion7000
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:35 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

I would love to see next years Dawgs go up against Aledo, China Spring, and Texas High. 
I don’t want a Longview versus Dawgs game. It does not help either team in any way. 

Neither would a game with Aledo.  Most years, Carthage wouldn't be able to keep it close, much less win.

16 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Neither would a game with Aledo.  Most years, Carthage wouldn't be able to keep it close, much less win.

You can’t say that he gets  delusional. He thinks Carthage not only wins 5a but has a chance in the college playoff. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lion7000 said:

You can’t say that he gets  delusional. He thinks Carthage not only wins 5a but has a chance in the college playoff. 

I heard that Surratt contacted Nick Saban and asked if they would be interested in playing them.  Nick said, "No way!"

• Like 1