Nac Vs. Hallsville  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Nac in a close one
    • Hallsville in a close one
    • Nac in a blowout
    • Hallsville in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

welcome to the somebody has to win game. both teams enter this contest 0-2 in district play. this is a must win for both to keep their playoff chances alive.

Nac had plenty of chances to walk out 2-0 against PT and Whitehouse while Hallsville has been blowout in both of their district Games.

Nac's biggest concern and problem has been the offensive line, who has had it's fair share of blocking issues all season. They will have to give the QB time to throw and establish a strong running game. i think Nac gets on the right track before going into the last three tough district games.

Whoever loses this game can pretty much pack it up for making the playoffs.  I don't see a path into the playoffs for either team if they fall to (0-3). 

Hallsville would need a win over Whitehouse, Nac, and PT and need some help.

Nac would need to beat Texas High, Marshall, and MP and need some help.

Especially if Marshall beats MP and WH beats PT. 

Whoever wins this game keeps hope alive.  But it's definitely an uphill battle for both from here on out.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Mavchamp said:

Can't believe how quiet this thread is.

This exact same week last year was LIT UP WITH Bobcat fans.

They'll be calling for a new coach soon enough. 

On 10/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, HJR7 said:

They'll be calling for a new coach soon enough. 

It isn’t necessarily coaching. The HC that is there now is solid guy and hails from Hallsville.  Hallsville loses football talent to other established programs to the East and West. Not enough consistent football talent that comes through. Just as other schools in the area attract football talent Hallsville does the same with baseball.

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

It isn’t necessarily coaching. The HC that is there now is solid guy and hails from Hallsville.  Hallsville loses football talent to other established programs to the East and West. Not enough consistent football talent that comes through. Just as other schools in the area attract football talent Hallsville does the same with baseball.

Hallsville for a very long time had alot of talent on the sidelines and refused to play said talent. Not talking about the current coach or his staff,  but it definitely happen in years past.

5 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Hallsville probably does lose some guys to Longview and Marshall (and others)...  but they also have guys on their roster that are from Longview and Marshall too.

The Bobcat's RB-1 (before he got injured) had been in the Longview program since middle school before transferring.

I guess if I was a RB at Longview and I had Taylor Tatum and lil Boosie and all those other guys ahead of me....I'd consider going elsewhere too instead of sitting the bench.  Why sit the bench when you can be RB-1 somewhere else?

We all gain and lose players to neighboring schools.  Be it for a specific sport, or issues with a coach, academics, family necessity, or what ever. 

Until UIL tightens the screws on athletic transfers...... gonna continue.

Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the way.  Seasons like they are having are pretty miserable.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Hallsville probably does lose some guys to Longview and Marshall (and others)...  but they also have guys on their roster that are from Longview and Marshall too.

The Bobcat's RB-1 (before he got injured) had been in the Longview program since middle school before transferring.

I guess if I was a RB at Longview and I had Taylor Tatum and lil Boosie and all those other guys ahead of me....I'd consider going elsewhere too instead of sitting the bench.  Why sit the bench when you can be RB-1 somewhere else?

We all gain and lose players to neighboring schools.  Be it for a specific sport, or issues with a coach, academics, family necessity, or what ever. 

Until UIL tightens the screws on athletic transfers...... gonna continue.

Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the way.  Seasons like they are having are pretty miserable.

Hallsville is not a football school.

Edited by Hookemhorns88

13 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Hallsville is not a football school.

No....but they still have football players from schools that are.

And while Hallsville may not be known as a football school..... I think people would rarely consider the Bobcats an "easy win".  

I think most people respect the Bobcat program......they can beat you if you don't.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

No....but they still have football players from schools that are.

And while Hallsville may not be known as a football school..... I think people would rarely consider the Bobcats an "easy win".  

I think most people respect the Bobcat program......they can beat you if you don't.

They had a couple of chances to put points on the board. They dropped two sure fire touchdown passes. The talent and the ability is there.