3AD1 region 2 outlook for playoffs

blackngoldtiger

We got a few more weeks left until the playoffs start. Here's what current 4 spots in each district is looking like, with district record and games left to play. 

District 5

Winnsboro 4-0 (Minny and Bonham left to play)

Pottsboro 2-1(Rains, Commerce, MV left to play)

Commerce 2-1(MV, Potts, Minny left to play)

Mineola 2-1(Winny, Rains, Commerce left to play)

Outside looking in 

Mount Vernon 2-2(Commerce, potts left to play)

Winny will be district champs, imo, potts if they take care of business at the 2nd spot, Commerce/Minny for the 3rd/4th spot. MV would need to win out and some luck with a few losses with the current 3rd/4th spots

District 6

Jefferson 2-0(Gladewater, tatum, sabine left to play)

Tatum 2-0(sabine, jefferson, Atlanta left to play)

Gladewater 1-1(jeffy, atlanta, white oak left to play)

Atlanta 1-1(white oak, Gladewater, tatum left to play) 

Imo, I don't see an outside looking in, to get the 4th spot. Although, Sabine has been playing them close. Jeffy/tatum looking like they could end up being 1/2 spots. GW/Atl 3rd/4th spots in any order of each one of them.

District 7

Grandview 5-0(west, whitney, madison left to play)

Whitney 5-0(maypearl, grandview, gca dallas left to play)

West 4-1(grandview, gca dallas, IVHS dallas left to play)

Maypearl 3-2(whitney, madison, life oak cliff dallas left to play) 

Outside looking in

Madison 3-2(A+ academy, maypearl, Grandview left to play)

Whitney and Grandview will be playing for the 1/2 spots, imo. West looking like 3rd, whomever wins the maypearl/madison game will get 4th.

District 8

Malakoff 4-0(mexia, Groesbeck left to play)

Groesbeck 3-0(teague, eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Fairfield 2-2(kemp, teague left to play)

Mexia 2-2(eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Outside looking in

Teague 1-2(Groesbeck, kemp, fairfield left to play) teague controls if they want to make it to the playoffs. The loss to Mexia didn't help.

Koff should get 1st, Groesbeck 2nd, FF 3rd, Mexia 4th

I will say Groesbeck has been surprising some teams. They got a good freshman rb, the qb has stepped up a lot from last season in his junior year. They got couple of other rbs that can carry ball too. 

This is current standings, there's still a lot of football to play, so anything can happen. Gonna be a few good games in the coming weeks.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

We got a few more weeks left until the playoffs start. Here's what current 4 spots in each district is looking like, with district record and games left to play. 

District 5

Winnsboro 4-0 (Minny and Bonham left to play)

Pottsboro 2-1(Rains, Commerce, MV left to play)

Commerce 2-1(MV, Potts, Minny left to play)

Mineola 2-1(Winny, Rains, Commerce left to play)

Outside looking in 

Mount Vernon 2-2(Commerce, potts left to play)

Winny will be district champs, imo, potts if they take care of business at the 2nd spot, Commerce/Minny for the 3rd/4th spot. MV would need to win out and some luck with a few losses with the current 3rd/4th spots

District 6

Jefferson 2-0(Gladewater, tatum, sabine left to play)

Tatum 2-0(sabine, jefferson, Atlanta left to play)

Gladewater 1-1(jeffy, atlanta, white oak left to play)

Atlanta 1-1(white oak, Gladewater, tatum left to play) 

Imo, I don't see an outside looking in, to get the 4th spot. Although, Sabine has been playing them close. Jeffy/tatum looking like they could end up being 1/2 spots. GW/Atl 3rd/4th spots in any order of each one of them.

District 7

Grandview 5-0(west, whitney, madison left to play)

Whitney 5-0(maypearl, grandview, gca dallas left to play)

West 4-1(grandview, gca dallas, IVHS dallas left to play)

Maypearl 3-2(whitney, madison, life oak cliff dallas left to play) 

Outside looking in

Madison 3-2(A+ academy, maypearl, Grandview left to play)

Whitney and Grandview will be playing for the 1/2 spots, imo. West looking like 3rd, whomever wins the maypearl/madison game will get 4th.

District 8

Groesbeck 3-0(teague, eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Fairfield 2-2(kemp, teague left to play)

Mexia 2-2(eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Outside looking in

Teague 1-2(Groesbeck, kemp, fairfield left to play) teague controls if they want to make it to the playoffs. The loss to Mexia didn't help.

I will say Groesbeck has been surprising some teams. They got a good freshman rb, the qb has stepped up a lot from last season in his junior year. They got couple of other rbs that can carry ball too. 

This is current standings, there's still a lot of football to play, so anything can happen. Gonna be a few good games in the coming weeks.

I think im most intrigued with D7 and seeing how that GV/Whitney game goes. Both those teams have been playing some good ball

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

I think im most intrigued with D7 and seeing how that GV/Whitney game goes. Both those teams have been playing some good ball

Yeah. It'll be a good game for sure. I think GV, may take it but it won't be easy with it being at Whitney. 

Some of these 3rd/4th place teams will have some goods games between each other. 

Edited by blackngoldtiger

On 10/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, blackngoldtiger said:

District 5

Winnsboro 5-0 (Bonham left to play)

Pottsboro 3-1(Commerce, MV left to play)

Mount Vernon 3-2(potts left to play)

Mineola 2-2(Rains, Commerce left to play)

Outside looking in 

Commerce 2-2(Potts, Minny left to play)

Winny will be district champs, potts if they take care of business at the 2nd spot, MV the 3rd spot for now, Commerce/Minny for the 4th spot. Added note: MV with the win over Commerce, looking like they could get the 4th spot and Commerce looking on the outside. If Minny wins out they would get 3rd and MV 4th

District 6

Jefferson 3-0(tatum, sabine left to play)

Tatum 3-0(jefferson, Atlanta left to play)

Atlanta 2-1(Gladewater, tatum left to play) 

Gladewater 1-2(atlanta, white oak left to play)

Jeffy/tatum looking like they could end up being 1/2 spots. GW/Atl 3rd/4th spots in any order of each one of them. Next week's games will decide 1 thur 4 for the playoffs. The only game that could throw a curve ball is the tatum/Atlanta game if Atlanta wins in the last week. 

District 7

Grandview 6-0(whitney, madison left to play)

Whitney 6-0(grandview, gca dallas left to play)

West 4-2(gca dallas, IVHS dallas left to play)

Madison 4-2(maypearl, Grandview left to play)

outside looking in

Maypearl 3-3(madison, life oak cliff dallas left to play) 

Whitney and Grandview will be playing for the 1/2 spots next week for the DC, West will be 3rd, whomever wins the maypearl/madison game will get 4th.

District 8

Groesbeck 3-1(eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Fairfield 3-2(teague left to play)

Mexia 3-2(Malakoff left to play)

Outside looking in

Teague 2-2(kemp, fairfield left to play) teague still controls their spot, if they win out, they'll get second in district, if they lose to FF, I believe Mexia would get the 4th spot as they won that game over Teague from looking at it

Or 

Koff 1st, teague 2nd, Groesbeck 3rd, FF 4th

If everything plays out

This is current standings, there's still a lot of football to play, so anything can happen. Gonna be a few good games in the coming weeks. This coming week games will decide better the spots for all the teams. 

Updated standings and games left

District 5

Winnsboro 5-0 (Bonham left to play)

Pottsboro 3-1(Commerce, MV left to play)

Mount Vernon 3-2(potts left to play)

Mineola 2-2(Rains, Commerce left to play)

Outside looking in 

Commerce 2-2(Potts, Minny left to play)

Winny will be district champs, potts if they take care of business at the 2nd spot, MV the 3rd spot for now, Commerce/Minny for the 4th spot. Added note: MV with the win over Commerce, looking like they could get the 4th spot and Commerce looking on the outside. If Minny wins out they would get 3rd and MV 4th

District 6

Jefferson 3-0(tatum, sabine left to play)

Tatum 3-0(jefferson, Atlanta left to play)

Atlanta 2-1(Gladewater, tatum left to play) 

Gladewater 1-2(atlanta, white oak left to play)

Jeffy/tatum looking like they could end up being 1/2 spots. GW/Atl 3rd/4th spots in any order of each one of them. Next week's games will decide 1 thur 4 for the playoffs. The only game that could throw a curve ball is the tatum/Atlanta game if Atlanta wins in the last week. 

District 7

Grandview 6-0(whitney, madison left to play)

Whitney 6-0(grandview, gca dallas left to play)

West 4-2(gca dallas, IVHS dallas left to play)

Madison 4-2(maypearl, Grandview left to play)

outside looking in

Maypearl 3-3(madison, life oak cliff dallas left to play) 

Whitney and Grandview will be playing for the 1/2 spots next week for the DC, West will be 3rd, whomever wins the maypearl/madison game will get 4th.

District 8

Groesbeck 3-1(eustace, Malakoff left to play)

Fairfield 3-2(teague left to play)

Mexia 3-2(Malakoff left to play)

Outside looking in

Teague 2-2(kemp, fairfield left to play) teague still controls their spot, if they win out, they'll get second in district, if they lose to FF, I believe Mexia would get the 4th spot as they won that game over Teague from looking at it

Or 

Koff 1st, teague 2nd, Groesbeck 3rd, FF 4th

If everything plays out

This is current standings, there's still a lot of football to play, so anything can happen. Gonna be a few good games in the coming weeks. This coming week games will decide better the spots for all the teams. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think i like Whitney in that one myself. Also the jeffy/tatum game ought to be a great game. 

Both will be good games. As the GV/Whitney is a rivalry game too. 

I've seen them both play. If GV comes out flat or not ready to play, Whitney takes it. If GV plays like they should, it can go either way, imo. 

I think the jeffy/tatum game can go either way. 

2 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Both will be good games. As the GV/Whitney is a rivalry game too. 

I've seen them both play. If GV comes out flat or not ready to play, Whitney takes it. If GV plays like they should, it can go either way, imo. 

I think the jeffy/tatum game can go either way. 

Im trying to figure out GV/West. Was that low score a product of two good defenses or did it say more about the lack of offense? I know Wests point output seemingly is always a little lower so i was curious. I think GV will have to score to stay up with Whitney. Whitney has multiple weapons and have scored alot of points albeit the majority of that district is a joke. 

49 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Im trying to figure out GV/West. Was that low score a product of two good defenses or did it say more about the lack of offense? I know Wests point output seemingly is always a little lower so i was curious. I think GV will have to score to stay up with Whitney. Whitney has multiple weapons and have scored alot of points albeit the majority of that district is a joke. 

I have no clue to what happened. I haven't watched the game yet. I know West had their best game of the season. Then add rivalry game to that, so anything can happen. 

Whitney has a handful of targets to get the ball out too. 

GV has 2 good receivers and a stout rb. Qb can throw good balls but doesn't always makes the best decisions, especially when being rushed. 

59 minutes ago, chevyman said:

DCTF projections has Teague in 3rd place but it doesnt appear that is possible based on current standings

Don't know how that's possible.Teague has to win out to make it in the playoffs or Mexia to win vs koff would automatically kknock Teague out. Mexia holds the tie breaker with a win over them 

1 minute ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Don't know how that's possible.Teague has to win out to make it in the playoffs or Mexia to win vs koff would automatically kknock Teague out. Mexia holds the tie breaker with a win over them 

It only took me a couple of minutes to figure that fact out and im just a regular guy. Maybe i expect too much from the experts.

13 minutes ago, chevyman said:

It only took me a couple of minutes to figure that fact out and im just a regular guy. Maybe i expect too much from the experts.

I found another head scratcher in the 4A D2 comprehensive computer rankings.  Spring Hill is sitting at #64, but somehow Pitt who lost to SH last week is at #57, and Liberty Eylau who also lost to SH and is sitting at (1-6) on the season is at #52.  I think the computer took the week off!

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I found another head scratcher in the 4A D2 comprehensive computer rankings.  Spring Hill is sitting at #64, but somehow Pitt who lost to SH last week is at #57, and Liberty Eylau who also lost to SH and is sitting at (1-6) on the season is at #52.  I think the computer took the week off!

There are a few other things as well but i dont think i should bury them on here

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

How about this scenario: Mexia beats Malakoff, Teague wins out, Groesbeck beats Eustace but loses to Malakoff. All would be at 4-2 and all would have a zero on the point system as 17 is the number..Groesbeck beat Mexia by more than 17 but lost to Teague by more than 17. Mexia beat Teague by more than 17 but lost to Groesbeck by 17 and Teague beat Groesbeck by more than 17 but lost to Mexia by more than 17. Pretty sure the District minutes say that they would flip for seeding. Whew !! 

Teague needs to win out and have Malakoff to beat Mexia and Groesbeck. In that scenario Teague and Groesbeck would finish at 4-2 but Teague would have the tiebreaker(42-14 win ) on head to head. Fairfield would be 4th and their head to head ( ( 22-15 win )with Mexia.