Carthage Dawgs Vs Center Roughriders

cowboyandchrist

Center has struggled all year the hold teams under their  season averages, They been in multiple shootouts this year, Tatum scored 63 the 1st game of the season North DeSoto out of Louisiana scoring 57 on them back in  Week  3 in a game Center was up 52-49  Midway through the 4th quarter  Canton scored 37 on them the first game of District Rusk scored 48 the 3rd game of District  and then Last Friday Night Van score 56 the way things are shaking out in the other District it looks like Center will be playing  Gilmer in 1st round of the playoffs, 2 teams that can't play no defense, Lord knows what Carthage is going to do to Center on Friday night this is going to get ugly early before Halftime , For Center to be a good football team going down the stretch the last 3  games of District they're going to tighten up on defense and don't give up so many points because it puts a lot of pressure the offense who's going to happen to score a  points to win the game because your defense  gave up so much points in the process, Now on the flip side Center's offense this year has  put up 80 against Tatum the first game 76 against Rusk 57 against Canton and 66 against Spring Hill, the lowest point total Center average this year was 28 and a come from behind win against Dangerfield after being down 21-0 at halftime.

Edited by Coach ETX 1991

7 hours ago, Coach ETX 1991 said:

Center has struggled all year the hold teams under their  season averages, They been in multiple shootouts this year, Tatum scored 63 the 1st game of the season North DeSoto out of Louisiana scoring 57 on them back in  Week  3 in a game Center was up 52-49  Midway through the 4th quarter  Canton scored 37 on them the first game of District Rusk scored 48 the 3rd game of District  and then Last Friday Night Van score 56 the way things are shaking out in the other District it looks like Center will be playing  Gilmer in 1st round of the playoffs, 2 teams that can't play no defense, Lord knows what Carthage is going to do to Center on Friday night this is going to get ugly early before Halftime , For Center to be a good football team going down the stretch the last 3  games of District they're going to tighten up on defense and don't give up so many points because it puts a lot of pressure the offense who's going to happen to score a  points to win the game because your defense  gave up so much points in the process, Now on the flip side Center's offense this year has  put up 80 against Tatum the first game 76 against Rusk 57 against Canton and 66 against Spring Hill, the lowest point total Center average this year was 28 and a come from behind win against Dangerfield after being down 21-0 at halftime.

If centers defense is so horrible how in the world did they keep Dangerfield from scoring anything in the second half when they were up by 21 at the half? 

45 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

If centers defense is so horrible how in the world did they keep Dangerfield from scoring anything in the second half when they were up by 21 at the half? 

I am pretty sure Daingerfield's starting quarterback did not play against Center. 

2 hours ago, hornetblue said:

I am pretty sure Daingerfield's starting quarterback did not play against Center. 

Sounds reasonable, as Daingerfield has averaged just under 40 points per game in its other six games.

Spring Hill is another team that scored fewer points against Center (20) than against the other teams it has played this year (average of 32). Don’t know what the story behind this is, but I suspect one of the other followers of this thread will soon let us know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Parr 2004 said:

image.png

An interesting shirt was worn during the Ricky Meeks weekly show on NETsn Live YouTube channel.  The translation is "Carthage must be destroyed."  The hatred for Carthage is palpable from Center.

Pretty dumb to waste money on these  just to most likely get blown out

Edited by bansheefan03
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Sounds reasonable, as Daingerfield has averaged just under 40 points per game in its other six games.

Spring Hill is another team that scored fewer points against Center (20) than against the other teams it has played this year (average of 32). Don’t know what the story behind this is, but I suspect one of the other followers of this thread will soon let us know.

I think the halftime score in the SH vs Center game was 28-7 Roughriders.  We just didn’t have the Joe’s to go toe to toe with Center for 4 quarters.

3 hours ago, Bob Parr 2004 said:

image.png

An interesting shirt was worn during the Ricky Meeks weekly show on NETsn Live YouTube channel.  The translation is "Carthage must be destroyed."  The hatred for Carthage is palpable from Center.

this is crazy because no one else from Center considers Carthage I rival and really hasn’t since the early 2000s 😂, people like to drag things like this.. if we’re down 16-1 in the past 17 years this is NOT a rivalry game and they are not a rival 

1 minute ago, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

this is crazy because no one else from Center considers Carthage I rival and really hasn’t since the early 2000s 😂, people like to drag things like this.. if we’re down 16-1 in the past 17 years this is NOT a rivalry game and they are not a rival 

Bout like what longview marshall rivalry has turned into

22 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Yep. I heard the tall girl at ZippyJ's say Center has saved their defense all year for this game.

• LOL! 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:26 PM, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

i doubt it, Carthage has some decent backups.. most definitely would be starters on this Center defense 

Most Jv players probably can start . What do they average giving up. I will take some JV players actually trying some effort to defense. It not like they’re facing the 99 Rams every week. Fundamentals is in question when giving up points every week.

15 hours ago, CashCrossIsTheFuture4 said:

We are and Kilgore are only Carthage rivals and we won’t pick up the phone. Marshall is manufactured rival I kinda wish would develop. 

18 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

We are and Kilgore are only Carthage rivals and we won’t pick up the phone. Marshall is manufactured rival I kinda wish would develop. 

Sure seems that Meeks is trying to reignite the rivalry with Carthage among the coaches and players.  He said during the show that they no longer refer to Carthage by name.  Instead, the coaches decided in the spring that we are "that team up north."  Similar to how Ohio State refers to Michigan.  

I'm interested to see what the Carthage Defense looks like against Center.  They haven't really faced an explosive offense.  Kilgore is good, but their offense is more pound you into the ground.  I think Center has the weapons to test this defense.  We are still young in the secondary and not as fast as in years past.  Going to rely a lot on the D-line getting pressure without blitzing.  If the QB has time, I think there will be plays to be had.  Plus they can't just pin their ears back and go after him because the running game will keep them honest.

I think Carthage scores plenty, if they don't turn it over.  I think this will be closer than a lot of people believe.

I listened to coach Meeks on NETSN.  I liked his interview.  I think he knows that even though this isn't a rivalry in the sense of being competitive, that they need to topple Carthage every now and then to get to the level he wants to take the program.  It sounds like he likes it in Center and wants to build something there.

1 hour ago, Bob Parr 2004 said:

Sure seems that Meeks is trying to reignite the rivalry with Carthage among the coaches and players.  He said during the show that they no longer refer to Carthage by name.  Instead, the coaches decided in the spring that we are "that team up north."  Similar to how Ohio State refers to Michigan.  

It was a rivalry back in the day. Carthage has had so much success and. team down south has not . If center actually started winning then. Nac and lufkin have longevity but neither really want the “ rivalry “  Marshall and Longview have similar thing. Having a break is not necessarily a bad thing. However, Center is trying to build something. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I'm interested to see what the Carthage Defense looks like against Center.  They haven't really faced an explosive offense.  Kilgore is good, but their offense is more pound you into the ground.  I think Center has the weapons to test this defense.  We are still young in the secondary and not as fast as in years past.  Going to rely a lot on the D-line getting pressure without blitzing.  If the QB has time, I think there will be plays to be had.  Plus they can't just pin their ears back and go after him because the running game will keep them honest.

I think Carthage scores plenty, if they don't turn it over.  I think this will be closer than a lot of people believe.

I listened to coach Meeks on NETSN.  I liked his interview.  I think he knows that even though this isn't a rivalry in the sense of being competitive, that they need to topple Carthage every now and then to get to the level he wants to take the program.  It sounds like he likes it in Center and wants to build something there.

I agree I think that Center will score on Carthage secondary. Last week if number 7 for Rusk new how to catch the ball he should have had at least two deep passes for a td because he was wide open. This offense of centers will show if Carthage D has a weakness or not. We shall see.