Carthage Dawgs Vs Center Roughriders

cowboyandchrist

6 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Wow, I was way off with my 56-21 prediction.

Carthage may not put 72 on Van, I also don't think Van will be to able put 27 on them either. May be wrong, I was once wrong before when I decided to marry my x-wife.😂

• LOL! 5

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Carthage may not put 72 on Van, I also don't think Van will be to able put 27 on them either. May be wrong, I was once wrong before when I decided to marry my x-wife.😂

Yeah, I'd feel pretty good about scoring 27 on that Carthage defense. Has anyone else done that this year?

18 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

We were posting at the same time. I was curious enough to look it up too.🤣 So there you go, if you can put up 27 on them boys it ain't a bad night....I guess🤣

And Kilgore ain't doing to bad themselves. Rank #5 in 4A Div. I

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/kilgore/kilgore-bulldogs/football/schedule/

Two thoughts on tonight - 1) Center Supt.  needs to step up and stop the loud blaring music over the PA system between plays - let the band play all they want……….2) If you are down 58 -20 in the 3rd quarter and punt on 4th and about 6 from around midfield, you are accepting defeat - so against a Scott Surratt coached team, after that punt, play a normal defense(2 safeties eight to 10 yards off the ball and let Carthage slow the game down by running the ball…….Surratt doesn’t want to run the score up, but if you are going to put all 11 defenders within 5-6 yards of the ball, he is going to air it out.  

Good win Dawgs and Good game Riders. But that officiating crew was not very good and since I understand that there is a shortage of officials, I won’t go much further but is it asking to much to get an official that can walk and count at the same time?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crawford said:

Agreed.  Great showing by the Rider offense.  I think it's most points the Dawgs have allowed since Kilgore.  Now,  about that defense.  Maybe take some of that offensive talent and move to D side to even things out?  Ya'll scored almost 30 on a pretty stingy Dawg D but it doesn't help if you give up 70.  Good luck going forward and maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Agreed.  Great showing by the Rider offense.  I think it's most points the Dawgs have allowed since Kilgore.  Now,  about that defense.  Maybe take some of that offensive talent and move to D side to even things out?  Ya'll scored almost 30 on a pretty stingy Dawg D but it doesn't help if you give up 70.  Good luck going forward and maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs!

Yeah, unfortunately we have been seeing this all season. And I don't see it changing any time soon, otherwise we would have seen some improvements by now. Center can't slow down hardly any offense to save their life.🙄