PG vs LE

A2J

Final 42-27 PG

Too many PG players went out early with injuries including #8 Boardley(two way player), PG's second biggest playmaker.. as well as starting safety and starting linebacker.

*kicker was suspended from last week incident on sideline

PG's biggest problem- No depth 

Edited by 99probs

22 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

LE, Pitt, NL and SH would all benefit greatly from dropping to 3A D1 from an athletics standpoint.  That ain’t happening in SH though.  We will be comfortably in the 4A D2 numbers range at next realignment.  We are growing.

Actually , SH is not growing. Numbers are down quite a bit from last year alone according to one school official I’ve talked to. Also, one player at the Jr High level was told by coaches they fully expect to drop down to 3A DIV 1 next year. SH has a LOT of issues going on right now. It’s not the same school educational wise as it used to be. Not enough teachers is the main reason and with all the publicity this year, a lot of parents are pulling their kids out and moving to other districts. Depends on the cutoff, but SH could drop, and that’s where they should be. 

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Actually , SH is not growing. Numbers are down quite a bit from last year alone according to one school official I’ve talked to. Also, one player at the Jr High level was told by coaches they fully expect to drop down to 3A DIV 1 next year. SH has a LOT of issues going on right now. It’s not the same school educational wise as it used to be. Not enough teachers is the main reason and with all the publicity this year, a lot of parents are pulling their kids out and moving to other districts. Depends on the cutoff, but SH could drop, and that’s where they should be. 

Not sure which official you are speaking with but I know several and am hearing different. The sophomore class has almost 200 kids in it.  And the Jr High classes coming up are large as well.  The needle between 4A D2 and 3A D1 would have to move significantly for SH to drop.  The teacher shortage at the High School is real and it’s tied to low pay compared to other districts in the area.  That must be addressed.  I have said publicly for a while SH would be much better if with White Oak & Gladewater vs Gilmer & PG.  We will see soon enough.

Edited by PantherNation2015

Similar situation against LE that happened against Carthage last year in 4th round. Multiple players either out or went out. PG is VERY good but little dept. 

2 td's called back for holding on PG, 2 int's dropped, just a sloppy game.

LE came to play! #7 for LE hit the inside gaps ALL night. #11 for LE ran very hard. They were not on cruise control, PG was.

On 10/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, Aggie98 said:

I doubt they've played many times. For most of their history, T High has been 5A, LE 4A and PG 3A. Ark High would be a 4A in Texas. Back in the day, LE would have taken PG behind the woodshed most years. Times have changed.

LE and PG have been in the same district a lot more than what you make that sound like.  And yes, in the 90's and 2000's LE won the majority of those.

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

What's the story behind the kicker getting suspended due to an incident in last week's game - Pittsburg?  Coach's decision suspension?    UIL suspension?  

who said suspended?

I was "told" UIL and it will be for the remainder of his Senior year. Hope that isn't the case, for several reasons... but mostly because he "appeared" to be defending himself after a few Pirates quickly closed in on him on their sideline, after an aggressive tackle, by him.

*LE was able to run a kickoff back which he would have usually booted into end zone.

*LE also recovered an onside kick around the 50 for good field possession.

5 minutes ago, 99probs said:

I was "told" UIL and it will be for the remainder of his Senior year. Hope that isn't the case, for several reasons... but mostly because he "appeared" to be defending himself after a few Pirates quickly closed in on him on their sideline, after an aggressive tackle, by him.

*LE was able to run a kickoff back which he would have usually booted into end zone.

He absolutely was not defending himself. He instigated the whole thing. He removed his helmet and jumped up and went into Pittsburg's sideline among a group of Pittsburg players. He did get rocked 2 or 3 times, but not until after his antics. I watched the replay numerous times. 

14 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

He absolutely was not defending himself. He instigated the whole thing. He removed his helmet and jumped up and went into Pittsburg's sideline among a group of Pittsburg players. He did get rocked 2 or 3 times, but not until after his antics. I watched the replay numerous times. 

Also heard he called the Pitt coach a racial slur that’s why the Pitt coach became super upset. If you look at the video you can see the coach from Pitt become very angry.

1 hour ago, hornetblue said:

I think it could be argued either way.

What did you watch it on?

Per someone on the Pittsburg side, "I saw the hit on the sideline where the kid from PG lost his helmet... the kid looked like he was rocked a little from the hit when he came up like that and a little confused and dazed and just reacting."

The announcers even stated "He lost his helmet and went to get it... and then you see the result."

I can definitely see both arguments 

1 hour ago, 99probs said:

I think it could be argued either way.

What did you watch it on?

Per someone on the Pittsburg side, "I saw the hit on the sideline where the kid from PG lost his helmet... the kid looked like he was rocked a little from the hit when he came up like that and a little confused and dazed and just reacting."

The announcers even stated "He lost his helmet and went to get it... and then you see the result."

I can definitely see both arguments 

It can’t be argued either way. You can watch it on Texarkana Gameday.

Tri County Press has home side view 

38 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

It can’t be argued either way. You can watch it on Texarkana Gameday.

Maybe so but his helmet was knocked off previous kickoff so not unthinkable it happened again. Very difficult to tell even from home side view.

4 hours ago, 99probs said:

Why make excuses? Give L-E a little credit. Leopards have had injuries all season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texlov said:

Why make excuses? Give L-E a little credit. Leopards have had injuries all season.

I did, scroll up!

Posted Saturday at 12:25

"LE came to play!"

"#7 for LE hit the inside gaps ALL night. #11 for LE ran very hard"