Carthage hosts Van in District Championship Game

BevBrownJr

53 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

With the size, speed, and depth the Dawgs will have for the next two years is going to be scary for 4A DII. I have a feeling Coach Surratt will have a very hard time finding teams to play in non district games. 

I know that happens but I never understood coaches not wanting to schedule tough teams for non district. Almost every team that has any success is usually battle tested by district play.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I know that happens but I never understood coaches not wanting to schedule tough teams for non district. Almost every team that has any success is usually battle tested by district play.

Some have been avoided panola county number for a few years.

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If Van doesn't score a touchdown on the opening drive of the 2nd half, it's over. If they do, get ya popcorn ready. 

We were flat in the first half and a lot of that can be attributed to Van’s quality play.

The Van offense doesn’t rush to snap the ball, slows the game down some and works the clock.

I expect the Bulldogs to pick up their intensity this second half.

Good game so far though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If Van doesn't score a touchdown on the opening drive of the 2nd half, it's over. If they do, get ya popcorn ready. 

I nearly posted the same thing. Crucial that the Vandals tie this up. Carthage defense is stingy, Van is usually better the 2nd half. Definitely could get interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We were flat in the first half and a lot of that can be attributed to Van’s quality play.

The Van offense doesn’t rush to snap the ball, slows the game down some and works the clock.

I expect the Bulldogs to pick up their intensity this second half.

Good game so far though. 

That's been Van's strength in a few games this year. Will be interesting to see how Carthage adjusts 2nd half.

• Like 1

The Dawgs came out in the second half and dominated on both sides of the ball. 
Van will win at least two playoff games and maybe more. Very good very disciplined football team. 
Dawgs adjusted on both sides of the ball. The Dawg D line is just flat out bad to the bone. Van has an outstanding O line. Great ball game Dawgs. 
Rest up, heal up and turn on that playoff engine. Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

• Like 1