Alto (0-8) vs Cushing (3-5)

Tony Sevilla

Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this week

• Cushing Bearkats
    • Alto Yellowjackets

This poll is closed to new votes

Both appear to have lost several from last year and young teams , however Cushing has managed to get 3 wins and keep a game close . I’m only seeing where Alto kept one game close this year. Do you believe this is the year Cushing beats Alto ?

Edited by BLUE2314
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BLUE2314 said:

Both appear to have lost several from last year and young teams , however Cushing has managed to get 3 wins and keep a game close . I’m only seeing where Alto kept one game close this year. Do you believe this is the year Cushing beats Alto ?

does it matter this year in district standing with Alto being under sanctions? 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

does it matter this year in district standing with Alto being under sanctions? 

Cushing is playing to beat this team . Does it matter? In my opinion every game matters . For the kids , for the community, and getting more experience. In district standings you’d be correct , however they will show up to play Alto.

2 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

all I asked was does the game count towards district standings.

No it doesn’t count. Alto is last, it doesnt matter who wins they still arent eligible for playoffs this year. Cushing is 5th for now.

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Where is the game Alto or Cushion? ...

Senior night at Alto; kickoff is at 7:00 p.m.   It’s been 31 years since Cushing beat Alto.  That night in 1992 we fumbled going into the end zone late in the 4th quarter and lost 24-23 in Cushing.  Before that they won 2 years in a row in 1976 and 1977 when Alto went a collective 0-20; actually I think it was 0-22.  0-8 now.  We were 0-8 in 2020 with a young group and managed to pull out 2 wins to prevent a winless season.  I’m hoping this group can eek out a win (or 2) to prevent us from going 0'fer!

The series:

ALTO VS. CUSHING    
SERIES RECORD 21-4 Alto  

2022 Alto 30-6 (1 half) DIST
2019 Alto 61-0 DIST
2018 Alto 27-8 DIST
2017 Alto 37-6 DIST
2016 Alto 46-8 DIST
2013 Alto 45-0 DIST
2012 Alto 61-0 DIST
2011 Alto 55-6 DIST
2010 Alto 48-0 DIST
2009 Alto 40-0 DIST
2008 Alto 59-0 DIST
2007 Alto 56-12 DIST
2006 Alto 60-0 DIST
1993 Alto 55-0 DIST
1992 Cushing 24-23 DIST
1981 Alto 40-0 DIST
1980 Alto 49-0 DIST
1979 Alto 34-0 DIST
1978 Alto 34-14 DIST
1977 Cushing 27-6 DIST
1976 Cushing 35-0 DIST
1975 Alto 19-13 DIST
1974 Alto 29-6 DIST
1970 Alto 13-6 DIST
1955 Cushing 25-12 DIST

ALTO-CUSHING SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:      605 wins | 392 losses | 34 ties | 1,031 total games

All-Time Record for Cushing:      265 wins | 481 losses | 9 ties | 755 total games

All-Time Series Record:      Alto - 21 wins | Cushing - 4 wins

Alto’s longest winning streak vs. Cushing:      14 wins in a row (1993-2022)

Cushing’s longest winning streak vs. Alto:      2 wins in a row (1976-1977)

Current streak:  Alto 14 wins in a row (1993 - now)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

If Alto can put together two halves like the first half they had against Overton, they might get a win...I'm hoping for an upset. DCTF has Cushing winning by 16.

DSC_7377.JPG

Great pic!  And putting together two good halves has been an issue...........hopefully this is the week!

10 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Good luck to you guys Sting. 

Man, I appreciate it. This has been one rough season. Suffice it to say winning is more fun. Lol I like what we have coming and I think we’ll be back to what we expect soon, but this stretch S U C K S.  Lol

Y’all will have your hands full tomorrow night but I agree with what has been said….the spread might be better suited for your defense. I expect a HIGH SCORING game and will enjoy following it. No doubt Overton has some dudes (almost all seniors!) and this is a really special season for them. It’s fun to see a team that has struggled come together and do something that invigorates your school, town, and alumni. I’m happy for them.

Good luck to the Injuns! You know y’all have a special bond with the Yellowjackets of Alto.  I always like to see y’all do well…..save one night of the season! 😂 

High school football week 10 preview

Cushing (3-5, 0-3) at Alto (0-8, 0-3) Despite the fact that Cushing has three games in the win column, the winner of Friday’s game between these two squads will finish with a higher ranking in District 11-2A DII standings as the both remain in search of their first district win.

The Bearkats took the field Saturday night in Tenaha for the Tigers homecoming and fell short to the home team in a 28-7 final.

Cushing has outscored its opponents 253-202 and is looking to snap a three-game losing streak. It’s last win came against Colmesneil in a 50-0 final on Sept. 22.

Nick Pollock, Eli Dawson and Gavin Grumpton help lead the Bearkats rushing attack while Dawson leads the team behind center as the team’s signal caller. Pollock teams up with Daeshaun Tilley to help lead the team at receiver.

Alto has been outscored 378-153. Keegan Davis is 83-of-147 for 1,138 yards and nine touchdowns. He has also rushed for 613 yards and 11 touchdowns on 113 carries. Zack Battle has added 42 carries for 222 yards and two scores. Tim Bond has caught 21 passes for 393 yards and two touchdowns. Battle has 12 receptions for 261 yards and three scores.

Last year’s meeting between the two teams saw the Yellowjackets come away with a 30-6 win (first half only).

Friday night’s contest will be Senior Night for the Yellowjackets and kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. at Alto’s Cam’ron Matthews Field.

https://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/high-school-football-week-10-preview/article_afeef607-69a1-5b24-a6a7-8e5ce7dc6579.html

Gonna recognize this young man’s family tonight. What a player. What a kid! Based on his sophomore year, he was going to be something special on the football field. Vonte was named newcomer that year. Tragically in February following that awesome sophomore season, he passed away on the basketball court. Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing his family tonight to recognize #9 on Senior Night!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1
  • Love 2