Mt. Enterprise vs. Cushing - Battle of the Angelina River Bottom

HulaKat

Crazy as it sounds, if Cushing comes out on top enough to get the 3 seed, I think they can beat Deweyville in a rematch (lost by 1 score early in year) and would have a favorable matchup in round 2.  Get the 4th seed and it's Lovelady.  Lose and end of year.  Lot on the line.

• Like 2

Cushing has had trouble defining the pass. Last 4 teams were passing teams.  Hopefully they are better on stopping the run and I think they are!  That’s why I’m picking the Kats!

Edited by Kat77
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Crazy as it sounds, if Cushing comes out on top enough to get the 3 seed, I think they can beat Deweyville in a rematch (lost by 1 score early in year) and would have a favorable matchup in round 2.  Get the 4th seed and it's Lovelady.  Lose and end of year.  Lot on the line.

Idk how they figure the tie breaker but with Cushing -43 in district excluding alto. And Mount a +7. How does Cushing jump mount I get that they would probably jump Carlisle. 

Edited by Lion1996

7 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Idk how they figure the tie breaker but with Cushing -43 in district excluding alto. And Mount a +7. How does Cushing jump mount I get that they would probably jump Carlisle. 

The tie breaker only counts in games between the teams in the tie,  ME, Carlisle, and Cushing.  The results/points are in another post somewhere on this forum...I saw it yesterday but can't find it today.

Edited by neveragain
accuracy
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

15 hours ago, neveragain said:

The tie breaker only counts in games between the teams in the tie,  ME, Carlisle, and Cushing.  The results/points are in another post somewhere on this forum...I saw it yesterday but can't find it today.

I maybe be wrong but I have Carlisle at -13, Mt E at +14 and Cushing at -1 pending this weeks game.

So if Cushing wins they are the #4 seed 15+ they are the number 3 seed?

Carlisle vs Cushing 49-48  +1

Carlisle vs. Mt E.     60-74. -14

Carlisle.   total   -13

--------------------------------

Mt E vs Carlisle.  74-60. +14

Mt E vs Cushing.  

-----------------------------

Cushing vs Carlisle  48-49 -1

Cushing vs Mt E

16 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

What was the the trophy for this game? I have no recollection  from my playing days unless it was prior to early 80’s.

Heard from someone who went there in 68, they moved and he graduated from a base school in Germany his dad was military. He said it was a hubcap with fishing line and hooks all over it on a stand. He could have been pulling my leg. I cant ask anymore because he's no longer with us.