***Week 11: Alto Yellowjackets (0-9 | 0-4) @ Carlisle Indians (3-6 | 1-3) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Carlisle  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto Yellowjackets
    • Carlisle Indians

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2023 at 12:00 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will travel to The Reservation in Carlisle to take on the Indians in the last district game of the season; kickoff is at 7:00 p.m.  A win by Carlisle will secure the 4th seed playoff spot unless Cushing upsets Mount Enterprise by 8+ and then the Indians could be knocked out altogether.  This year has been a struggle for both squads, but especially the Yellowjackets as we have one more opportunity to salvage the season with a win.  With only 2 returning starters on offense and 4 on defense and a handful of freshmen contributing, the Jackets are 0-9 for the first time since 1977.  A loss Friday would be the first winless season since that same year.  The Jackets are young, playing for pride, and hungry for a win.  The loss last week was the first to Cushing since 1992, but the Jackets didn't give up.  Down 28 to 6 in the second quarter and with starting QB Davis playing with a broken leg (hairline fracture), the Mean Sting battled back to pull within a touchdown to make it a game, but eventually fell 55-39.

Carlisle, who returns 6 starters on offense and 8 on defense fell to undefeated rival Overton 38-14 for the first time since 2005.  The Indians have had to replace several linemen from last season and learn a new system under first-year head Coach Sharp.  The Indians have 3 wins:  Harleton (38-25), Lone Oak (21-14), and Cushing (49-48) and have shown that they can score points in district losses having put up 60 on Mount Enterprise and 30 on Tenaha.

Last year's meeting between Alto-Carlisle was a barn burner and one I will remember forever as the Jackets scored in come-from-behind fashion in the last seconds of the game (my son's last TD!) to topple the state ranked and then undefeated Indians 36-31.  Alto and Carlisle have played a total of 16 times with Alto leading the series 8-6-2.  Since 2015 the teams have alternated wins every year.  Carlisle's turn, but I think we should have it this time.  We need it more! lol

The series:

ALTO VS. CARLISLE    
SERIES RECORD 8-6-2 Alto  

2022 Alto 31-36 DIST
2021 Did not play - Covid  
2020 Carlisle 0-12  
2019 Alto 7-29 DIST
2018 Carlisle 12-55 DIST
2017 Alto 31-28 DIST
2016 Carlisle 28-7 DIST
2015 Alto 7-21 DIST
2014 Alto 52-34 DIST
2009 Alto 0-35 DIST
2008 Alto 28-20 DIST
1965 Alto 0-20  
1957 Carlisle 26-7  
1956 Tie 12-12  
1953 Carlisle 7-0  
1952 Tie 6-6  
1939 Carlisle 22-0  

ALTO-CARLISLE SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:      604 wins | 393 losses | 34 ties | 1,031 total games

All-Time Record for Carlisle:      493 wins | 401 losses | 27 ties | 921 total games

All-Time Series Record:      Alto - 8 wins | Carlisle - 6 wins | Ties 2

Alto’s longest winning streak vs. Carlisle:      5 wins in a row (1965-2015)

Carlisle’s longest winning streak vs. Alto:      No streak

Current streak:  No streak

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Thanks 1

I believe Carlisle wine . Alto does not seem to be well conditioned enough to stop a running game.  They can score points just not stop other team from scoring. I think this will be a high scoring game with Carlisle on top , however Carlisle has struggled to this year so I could be wrong . 

• Like 1

Our game with Alto always goes lights out and who knows,we need this to get into the playoffs and the Jackets need a moral victory for this season,wish my baby boy could play in this one,we need him Guess we'll see if Carlisle wants to play an extra game this season,here lately I've been kind of wondering if they just quit on us.🥺

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

I think Carlisle wins...but it would be nice to see Alto get rid of that Zero in the win column.

Hate for any team to go through an 0-10 season.

Appreciate that, and I’m the same way. Hate to see a team go with zero wins. Hope we can put it together enough to stay off that list. 

4 hours ago, BLUE2314 said:

I believe Carlisle wine . Alto does not seem to be well conditioned enough to stop a running game.  They can score points just not stop other team from scoring. I think this will be a high scoring game with Carlisle on top , however Carlisle has struggled to this year so I could be wrong . 

Definitely been our Achilles heel and it’s frustrating….to all involved. Smh

Edited by StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Our game with Alto always goes lights out and who knows,we need this to get into the playoffs and the Jackets need a moral victory for this season,wish my baby boy could play in this one,we need him Guess we'll see if Carlisle wants to play an extra game this season,here lately I've been kind of wondering if they just quit on us.🥺

Not the “Q!” 😩 

Chain, I’m sorry your son is out but dang glad he is ok. Can’t hardly stand to think about him (or any kid) leaving the playing field via helicopter. Just glad it turned out that he’s good and able to play baseball. I’m sure his team misses him tremendously. Lots of hardships this season for both teams. These seniors have been through it….especially after having such good junior years. They ARE invaluable in helping pave the way for these younger guys, the leadership shown (our #2 for sure), and in your case how to handle the transition to a new coach. That’s always tough, but probably no tougher than on seniors who have been under the same system since they were 7th graders. Hats off to all of them. 

Edited by StingEmALTO

21 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Not the “Q!” 😩 

Chain, I’m sorry your son is out but dang glad he is ok. Can’t hardly stand to think about him (or any kid) leaving the playing field via helicopter. Just glad it turned out that he’s good and able to play baseball. I’m sure his team misses him tremendously. Lots of hardships this season for both teams. These seniors have been through it….especially after having such good junior years. They ARE invaluable in helping pave the way for these younger guys, the leadership shown (our #2 for sure), and in your case how to handle the transition to a new coach. That’s always tough, but probably no tougher than on seniors who have been under the same system since they were 7th graders. Hats off to all of them. 

When he walked out that hospital,nothing else mattered,thems facts.But,i do wish he could have finished his season,it would have helped his teammates out a lot,that being said as always,adversity builds character and character makes men.They just gonna have to figure out how to get it done and get about doing it.lol 😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

When he walked out that hospital,nothing else mattered,thems facts.But,i do wish he could have finished his season,it would have helped his teammates out a lot,that being said as always,adversity builds character and character makes men.They just gonna have to figure out how to get it done and get about doing it.lol 😂

AMEN to that.  And those guys will figure it out.  Just having him around the team I'm sure is helping them.  Might take some time but they'll get there.  I keep telling myself that also.....

Week 11 Preview

Alto (0-9, 0-4) at Carlisle (3-6, 1-3): 

The Yellowjackets will have one last shot at getting into the win column Friday night.

So far this season, they have been outscored 433-192 as they go up against an Indians’ team that is looking to snap a two-game losing streak.

Alto quarterback Keegan Davis leads the offense with a combined 20 touchdowns. He’s currently 83-of-147 passing for 1,138 yards and nine touchdowns and has 113 carries for 613 yards and 11 touchdowns. Zack Battle has 222 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 42 carries to go along with 12 catches for 261 yards and three touchdowns. Tim Bond has caught 21 passes for 393 yards and two scores.

Davis also leads the defense in tackles with 82, 18 of which were made behind the line of scrimmage. Tyler Bond has three interceptions while Tyler Jordan has two fumble recoveries.

The Indians have thrown for 2,356 yards and rushed for 706. Fernando Espinoza is 136-of-210 for 2,080 yards, 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Trent Eaves leads the receivers with 48 catches for 1,073 yards and 13 touchdowns. Clayton Hart has caught 42 passes for 525 yards and six scores.

Defensively, Carlisle has intercepted nine passes as three different Indians (Hart, Eaves and Espinoza) have two interceptions. David Deleon has two fumble recoveries. Roberto Camacho leads the team in tackles for loss with 11 while Kollen Sartain is right behind him with 10.

Defeating the Indians will be no easy task but don’t expect the Yellowjackets to do go down without a fight as they’re likely hungry to earn a win this season.

https://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/week-11-preview/article_a9303db8-5e8b-5bcb-b848-4963f976e367.html?utm_source=dailysentinel.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Flists%2Fsports%2F%3F-dc%3D1698922809&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

Edited by StingEmALTO