***Week 11: Alto Yellowjackets (0-9 | 0-4) @ Carlisle Indians (3-6 | 1-3) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Carlisle  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto Yellowjackets
    • Carlisle Indians

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2023 at 12:00 AM

8th grade

Halftime:

Alto 16 - Carlisle 0

1st score: 40 yard pick 6; 2 point conversion good.

2nd score: 12 yard pass; 2 point conversion good. Jackets held Carlisle on 4th and 2 with 20 seconds left in the half.

Both teams have 2 turnovers a piece.

Alto receives the ball in the second half.

Edited by StingEmALTO

15 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Not sure it will reach from our pressbox to across the field though. 😐

I guess just put me in the press box then. 🤣🤣🤣 jkjkjkjk I can’t yell from in there! If I don’t have good service then someone else can post updates. Otherwise I’ll try!

🏆DISTRICT CHAMPS🏆

#DTS

I’m really excited about this group. When watching them, it’s like whew “This is Alto football”….and I kind of breathe a sigh of relief. Lol I think they’ll be something to watch in the years to come. They have this energy and you can just see that they work as a team and are having fun. We blew up the tunnel for them to run through tonight as a surprise and I thought they were gonna tear the thing apart they were so pumped! 😂

In spite of our rough Varsity season, I’m encouraged and hopeful for the future!

IMG_6033.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I thought Alto was on suspension for football and could not win any games?

We can’t advance to the playoffs. Our district executive committee voted to allow us to compete in district games these two years (thank you!), including receiving district accolades. We have come to the conclusion of that suspension after this season. Hallelujah brotha. 

Edited by StingEmALTO

15 hours ago, MUSTANGMANIA said:

So is Carlisle's regular starting QB gonna be healthy enough to play? 

I don't know the answer to your question about the Carlisle QB but the Alto starting QB has a hairline fracture in his left leg from the Overton game.  He played last week vs. Cushing to his level of pain tolerance and we platooned him and the freshman QB throughout the game.  Not ideal for sure, but that man is a warrior and when the doctor gave him clearance, he was pumped.  The freshman QB is getting some valuable reps and some good trial by fire…..all with his mentor next to him coaching him up!

Edited by StingEmALTO

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I don't know the answer to your question about the Carlisle QB but the Alto starting QB has a hairline fracture in his left leg from the Overton game.  He played last week vs. Cushing to his level of pain tolerance and we platooned him and the freshman QB throughout the game.  Not ideal for sure, but that man is a warrior and when the doctor gave him clearance, he was pumped.  The freshman QB is getting some valuable reps and some good trial by fire…..all with his mentor next to him coaching him up!

I think Carlisle's backup was a freshman.  I may be wrong. But I can tell you that he ran the ball hard and fought for every yard he got. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Gotta grow up sometime.might as well be tonight...lol 😂 

You got that right.  Ours started 3 weeks ago! lol  Thrown into the fire in the second half against an undefeated Overton team.  Hopefully the game is slowing down for him some....he's had some dang good practices.