Can any team in 4A D-2 beat Carthage?

TCU44

This team can in fact be beat. There are possibilities out there. May not be probable, but there are definitely possibilities. Carthage is not so much better than all the teams in their division that they can beat everyone on cruise control. They will be tested, probably more than once. I would be willing to bet they play 3 close games in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Nope

you better hope and pray it's not the same officiating crew as last year when they met. I hate when people blame refs but that was beyond ridiculous. PG got away with PI, face masks, late hits, they pretty much had free reign all night. Carthage just looked at PG wrong and flags flew. PG was unable to capitalize on the favor but still. Plus, when you give a team free reign that increases the chances of some major injuries. And the vulgar, inappropriate behavior of some of the PG coaches made me lose a ton of respect for that program.  I know a family whose son plays for Carthage and one of the PG coaches shoved him from behind when he ran out of bounds and called him some foul names. On another play when he was pushed out of bounds a different PG coach grabbed his jersey, got in his face and said things I will not repeat.  

34 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

This team can in fact be beat. There are possibilities out there. May not be probable, but there are definitely possibilities. Carthage is not so much better than all the teams in their division that they can beat everyone on cruise control. They will be tested, probably more than once. I would be willing to bet they play 3 close games in the playoffs.

this is the youngest team they have had, heavy with sophomores. Read one article that said they are the youngest team in 4AD2.

Edited by itsjustfootball

11 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Stop teasing….

12 hours ago, itsjustfootball said:

this is the youngest team they have had, heavy with sophomores. Read one article that said they are the youngest team in 4AD2.

Not your typical Sophomore class. 
example. Sophomore linebacker 6’ 1 195 pounds leads the team in tackles and sacks, the other two linebackers 1 a junior started 16 games last year at 6’2 220 pounds and another Sophomore linebacker at 6’ 190 both 2nd and 3rd in tackles. Three junior D linemen that started 16 games last year and are the best in all of 4A. The secondary with two seniors and two Sophomores has seen a night and day improvement. They are blanketed receivers and coming up and making tackles on running backs. 
definitely not your typical Sophomore class. Same thing on the offense. Sophomore Jett Surratt has guided this juggernaut of an offense like a veteran field general with over 3 thousand yards passing and 30 touchdown passes. Sophomore running back is outstanding, They have gotten better every game. 
I can’t imagine how good they are going to be. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Not your typical Sophomore class. 
example. Sophomore linebacker 6’ 1 195 pounds leads the team in tackles and sacks, the other two linebackers 1 a junior started 16 games last year at 6’2 220 pounds and another Sophomore linebacker at 6’ 190 both 2nd and 3rd in tackles. Three junior D linemen that started 16 games last year and are the best in all of 4A. The secondary with two seniors and two Sophomores has seen a night and day improvement. They are blanketed receivers and coming up and making tackles on running backs. 
definitely not your typical Sophomore class. Same thing on the offense. Sophomore Jett Surratt has guided this juggernaut of an offense like a veteran field general with over 3 thousand yards passing and 30 touchdown passes. Sophomore running back is outstanding, They have gotten better every game. 
I can’t imagine how good they are going to be. 

I’m surprised that Edwards offer from the two-time defending National Champs Georgia Bulldogs didn’t get more exposure this week.  That’s a huge offer in itself.  But to get it as a Soph is phenomenal.  Just speaks to his upside over the next two years.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m surprised that Edwards offer from the two-time defending National Champs Georgia Bulldogs didn’t get more exposure this week.  That’s a huge offer in itself.  But to get it as a Soph is phenomenal.  Just speaks to his upside over the next two years.

Wow I did not know that. That is a huge offer. He is a very special player. 

12 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

The only way Carthage will get beat by anyone is if they have multiple turnovers in a game

CHS gave up 3 interceptions against 4A DI power Kilgore - 1 of them a PIC 6- and still beat them on the road.

Edited by BevBrownJr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

CHS gave up 3 interceptions against 4A DI power Kilgore - 1 of them a PIC 6- and still beat them on the road.

I’m aware of that but in the playoffs against another great team if you get behind two or three scores from turnovers it’s hard to come back even if it’s Carthage. Turnovers in the playoffs don’t go well together. 

32 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

I’m aware of that but in the playoffs against another great team if you get behind two or three scores from turnovers it’s hard to come back even if it’s Carthage. Turnovers in the playoffs don’t go well together. 

I don’t disagree, and I’m certainly not proposing that CHS doesn’t need to be concerned about turning the ball over.  Just sayin’…

Edited by BevBrownJr