Can any team in 4A D-2 beat Carthage?

TCU44

2 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

What y’all did to Wimbery was very difficult for me to watch especially in person.  The amount of crying I did was embarrassing my friend who I was sitting with. Then when you put Suratt at there for mop up duty as a freshman put me over the top.

Haha, well, this year’s team is not on last year’s level.

Like SS has said though, we don’t have to be as good as we were last year just better than everyone else in 4A-D2 this year.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Haha, well, this year’s team is not on last year’s level.

Like SS has said though, we don’t have to be as good as we were last year just better than everyone else in 4A-D2 this year.

So much wisdom in that. Just get the trophy. I’m sure SS will take that trophy by 1 point if that’s how it happens. Who cares. Just get the trophy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We have dominated 4A-D1 in the past as well, why do people conveniently forget this?

You think anyone in 4A could’ve beaten us last year?  The next game was 4A-D1 state championship and neither of those teams were even close to as tough as Glen Rose.

My final 2022 rankings from watching games:

1. Carthage

2. Glen Rose

3. China Spring

4. Boerne

5. Gilmer

6. Pleasant Grove

7. Wimberley 

I'm saying this based off of the fact that the topic said "can any team in D2 beat Carthage".  So I'm saying that there are more qualified teams to beat Carthage in D1 than D2. To hell with it lol impress me... go beat Lovejoy or SOC. 

• Like 1

I know it is a little off topic, but… 

The Jasper vs Bellville game has the makings of being an instant classic. Call me crazy but that’s my opinion.

I know a lot will say Silsbee beat Jasper.

Silsbee O-line isn’t as good as Jasper. 
Jasper has decent size in the trenches and are pretty physical. And overall team speed I give the nod to Jasper.

yeah Bellville made short work of silsbee but I think Jasper may present different problems than did silsbee.

28 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

I'm saying this based off of the fact that the topic said "can any team in D2 beat Carthage".  So I'm saying that there are more qualified teams to beat Carthage in D1 than D2. To hell with it lol impress me... go beat Lovejoy or SOC. 

Apparently you never heard cowboy for Christ posts. He can get behind that thinking 

9 minutes ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

The Jasper vs Bellville game has the makings of being an instant classic. Call me crazy but that’s my opinion.

Jasper has decent size in the trenches and are pretty physical. And overall team speed I give the nod to Jasper.

yeah Bellville made short work of silsbee but I think Jasper may present different problems than did silsbee.

It is on topic both are waiting their turn to get beat by the Great Carthage. Their optimism is adorable.

27 minutes ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Bellville is on a collision course with Carthage and they will provide a stiffer challenge than what Wimberly offered last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Bellville is on a collision course with Carthage and they will provide a stiffer challenge than what Wimberly offered last year. 

Looks that way.  Appears they have had no competition.  The front end of the Carthage defense is the team strength, along with superior coaching.  They will be prepared.  

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

LOL.  At least Gilmer scored 14.

Solid Burn however, savage was the following year . Carthage during the Gilmer game was asking what was the most lopsided score in a championship game on their jumbo tron. That was savage and hilarious!

Edited by Lion7000

2 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Solid Burn however, savage was the following year . Carthage during the Gilmer game was asking what was the most lopsided score in a championship game on their jumbo tron. That was savage and hilarious!

That was pretty funny heard there were some upset folks over that 

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We have dominated 4A-D1 in the past as well, why do people conveniently forget this?

You think anyone in 4A could’ve beaten us last year?  The next game was 4A-D1 state championship and neither of those teams were even close to as tough as Glen Rose.

My final 2022 rankings from watching games:

1. Carthage

2. Glen Rose

3. China Spring

4. Boerne

5. Gilmer

6. Pleasant Grove

7. Wimberley 

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1
  • Crybaby 1

10 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Yeah, I think the young lady who wrote that trivia question got a little heat for it, but it was hilarious and also factual.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, I think the young lady who wrote that trivia question got a little heat for it, but it was hilarious and also factual.

When that popped up on the screen Dad and I looked at each other real quick and just chuckled and shook our heads, like, “No, why did we put that up there?!”.

😬😳😅

• LOL! 1