Area Winnsboro vs. Teague 11/17

chevyman

I want to say congratulations to Teague on a hard fought win last night. Really thought it was gonna be a one sided event at first but West woke up and both teams gave it there all. Given where they were a few years ago, glad our district mates are to the 2nd round. 

If Teague stays focus and can keep their mistakes to a minimum, this could be a good game. The offense can score as long as they got everyone. The qb can run and throw it. Both the backs #4 & #7 are good runners. They got a few more kids that they have and spread it around too. 

I think Winny will give Teague problems with their passing game with Finny at qb. I don't see Winny out running them. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out.

easily the biggest test for Winnsboro so far!  The defense will have to continue their strong play and limit the big plays. offense will do their thing, whatever the defense is willing to give will be exploited.... close game early but Winnsboro wins it 42-14

24 minutes ago, Raiders05 said:

easily the biggest test for Winnsboro so far!  The defense will have to continue their strong play and limit the big plays. offense will do their thing, whatever the defense is willing to give will be exploited.... close game early but Winnsboro wins it 42-14

You think they’ll go 2 high safety and play coverage or try and take they chance on slowing the run game?

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

You think they’ll go 2 high safety and play coverage or try and take they chance on slowing the run game?

i feel like most teams idea has been to play coverage and limit the big plays in the passing game. in years past that made the most sense, but this year we have a legit run game to counter them with. its pick your poison really...

13 minutes ago, Raiders05 said:

i feel like most teams idea has been to play coverage and limit the big plays in the passing game. in years past that made the most sense, but this year we have a legit run game to counter them with. its pick your poison really...

Agree, pick one and Winnsboro takes advantage of the other. Two stud running backs and Finney will also run it to the house with ease. I think this game will be the biggest test for our defense, we will see where they stand afterwards.

45 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Winnsboro is the real deal dual threat QB with hog mollies up front.

I like for Teague to grind this game out and limit Finney touches and if Teague can get a turnover or two watch out up set city baby.

Teague 33

Winnsboro 28

i dont see them scoring 30+. everyone talks about the raiders offense and rightfully so...but dont sleep on the raiders defense. they have showed up game after game and shut down just about everyone they have faced. 

1 hour ago, Raiders05 said:

i dont see them scoring 30+. everyone talks about the raiders offense and rightfully so...but dont sleep on the raiders defense. they have showed up game after game and shut down just about everyone they have faced. 

only reason I see 33 is bc of turnovers if Teague cant force 2 or more turnover I think the raiders can run away with it to behonest.

So not saying your defense will give up 33 it will be a team effort for Teague to win

Edited by Allheartnoquit