2nd round Mount Vernon vs Malakoff

blackngoldtiger

Mount Vernon vs Malakoff  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/11/2023 at 12:46 PM, blackngoldtiger said:

That's the smart thing to do is put Hogg on MV's best receiver to take that threat away. Believe Hogg has 8/9 ints this season. I'm sure MV will try to get the match up who they want with vs #13 Davis. 

Key for koff will be putting pressure on the qb and making him throw early. GW was getting good pressure last night MV. Getting outside containment on the run. MV will have to be pretty balanced on Friday. 

It'll be interesting if koff will start off with #17 Garcia at backer on Friday. Been running a few different looks with him in. 

MV got a couple of match ups that I thought they would get with #12. Davis was out on one of them for some reason and had a bad match up for us with #4 Hicks.

Good game MV! Good season you guys had with a new coach. Y'all never gave up the whole game and played hard. 

Our offense did their thing running with both backs and Jones throwing and running it. Jones had great stiff arm on the opening drive of the 2nd half to score. 

For the most part our defense did alright. MV was getting us with #12 until we put Jones at cb for a couple of series. 

Other than #12 getting us both times and the one kick return with the worse coverage I've ever seen from koff. I thought we did alright. No big runs. Had a big redzone stand atvthe beginning of the game. 

I normally don't complain about the officiating crew but this wasn't a good one. Bad and missed calls both ways, even for a 7 man crew. 

My rant is over. Lol. On to the next one. 

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Jones 

16/25 296 yds passing 2 tds 

12 carries for 84 yds 2 tds

Hicks had 85 yds 2 tds

Hall had 63 yds 3 tds

We held mv to 70 yds rushing

Mv probably had somewhere around 150/200 yds passing and 2 passing tds

Jones had a great game, he killed us with the read option and great decision making. MV was overmatched but never quit. Proud of the resilience of this team. 
Went from losing to Sabine and Mineola early in the year, and turned into a quality playoff team. 
We will be back 

1 hour ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Jones 

16/25 296 yds passing 2 tds 

12 carries for 84 yds 2 tds

Hicks had 85 yds 2 tds

Hall had 63 yds 3 tds

We held mv to 70 yds rushing

Mv probably had somewhere around 150/200 yds passing and 2 passing tds

Curious, is that the most total yardage that someone has put on y’all for the year? 
that defense is legit 

20 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Curious, is that the most total yardage that someone has put on y’all for the year? 
that defense is legit 

WR had around 270 yds on offense but had more rushing yards. I believe they have been the only team so far to get over 100/150 yds rushing on us.

GV maybe a little bit more but most of it was passing and we had 2nd string in early/mid 3rd too. So hard to say on that game.

We had a couple of 2s in on defense mid 4th vs you guys but most of the starters played 

Malakoff is just a great team, I feel like MV did not play as well as we could’ve and defensively we could’ve kept y’all to many less points if we just covered the 3rd down pass. I’m happy we got to the playoffs and even got 2nd in district though, especially when most people didn’t even think we’d make the playoffs after the loss to Mineola and Sabine. Also, a lot of first down or touchdown throws weren’t caught that our receivers had been catching all year.