Carthage Dawgs versus Van Alstyne

cowboyandchrist

The Dawgs will give Van Alstyne a very balanced attack running and passing. 
I believe the Dawgs will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Dawgs are getting better in every game and are playing championship caliber football. 
Dawgs win and continue their March to hopefully number 10. 
Let’s Go Dawgs !!!

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Jog my memory.  Was it something like "Carthage is running up the score before halftime" or some such nonsense?

No it was about Carthage allowing the 3rd string to run the offense and score in the 4th after VA kept their starters in and scored multiple times on Carthage 2’s and 3’s.  I think he used the word “trash” if my memory is correct.

Edited by PantherNation2015
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

No it was about Carthage allowing the 3rd string to run the offense and score in the 4th after VA kept their starters in and scored multiple times on Carthage 2’s and 3’s.  I think he used the word “trash” if my memory is correct.

Ahh that's right!  😂

Here are some details.  Carthage up 40-0 halftime.  Two 3rd qtr. TD's made it 54-0.  Van Alstyne with 4 TD's. Last one with :38 left in 4th.  54-30.  Carthage TD pass Ty Chambers to Taylor Marshall with :20 left in 4th.  Final 61-30.  Van Alstyne radio guy thought it was poor sportsmanship by Carthage to score that last TD.

6 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

Never been an advocate for running up the score but the “Trash” and “Go Gilmer” comments should be mentioned anytime Surratt is asked about the game…Hopefully the Dawgs will run it up on them

May not “run up the score” per se, but at least two chapters of the play book may be available to the 2’s and 3’s on offense vs 2 running plays like normal.

If the V A coaches and a lot of underclassmen last year acted outrageous last year, then maybe a point should be made…….But their commentators were not “part of the actual game” and may not even be there this year, so no point is needed for them. 

• Like 1

VAN ALSTYNE PANTHERS (7-3)

Finished 2nd in District 5-4A DII

Averaged 31.7 points a game 

Averaged giving up 19.2 points a game 

LOST 22-28 to Pottsboro (9-2) - Pottsboro won its 3A bi-district game against Jefferson (7-3) 34-28

WON 36-29 over 5A DI Frisco Lebanon Trail (2-8)

LOST 28-31 to Sulphur Springs (8-3) - Sulphur Springs lost its 4A DI bi-district game to Dallas Carter (8-3) 35-41 (Sulphur Springs defeated Liberty-Eylau (3-7) 52-34 in a non-district game)

WON 26-14 over Krum (5-6) - Krum lost its 4ADII bi-district game against Sunnyvale (9-2) 7-47

WON 49-13 over Sanger (2-8)

LOST 7-17 to Aubrey (7-3) in the district championship game - Aubrey defeated Quinlan Ford (5-6) in its 4ADII bi-district game 34-2 & will play Van (8-3) in round 2

WON 27-14 over Farmersville (6-4) - Farmersville lost its 4ADII bi-district game against Caddo Mills (8-3) 10-38

WON 57-12 over Bridgeport (1-9)

WON 38-14 over Gainesville (5-5)

WON its 4ADII bi- district game against Wills Point (5-6) 27-20

15 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

May not “run up the score” per se, but at least two chapters of the play book may be available to the 2’s and 3’s on offense vs 2 running plays like normal.

The number of different plays that are actually used from the playbook that is available to the 2’s & 3’s is likely affected by whether the opponent continues to leave its 1st team in after CHS pulls its 1st team.

Edited by BevBrownJr

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I hope so….Surratt had the starting defense get back up when the VA Coach started calling time outs against the 2s and 3s..I think he got the hint and stopped doing it

27 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

Never been an advocate for running up the score but the “Trash” and “Go Gilmer” comments should be mentioned anytime Surratt is asked about the game…Hopefully the Dawgs will run it up on them

You play until the clock says 0. It doesn't matter if it's 5 seconds, 20 seconds, or a minute left. If you run a play and they can't tackle you. Then so be it. You didn't know if you was going to score off of said play. It's their responsibility to stop you.

• Like 1

Under Coach Surratt, CHS is 14-2 in 2nd round playoff games. (Excluding his 1st year, the 2nd-round record is 14-1.)

2022 - WON over Van Alstyne 61-30

2021 - WON over Hamshire-Fannett 42-14

2020 - WON over Silsbee 49-0

2019 - WON over Lumberton 55-17

2018 - WON over Huffman Hargrave 46-0

2017 - WON over Brazosport 45-21

2016 - WON over Houston North Forest 41-6

2015 - WON over Stafford 34-0

2014 - LOST to El Campo 21-28

2013 - WON over defending state champion Navasota 44-14

2012 - WON over Taylor 56-21

2011 - WON over North Forney 31-12

2010 - WON over Canton 56-27

2009 - WON over Mexia 35-26

2008 - WON over Lorena 49-14 

2007 - LOST to defending state champion and eventual two-time state champion Liberty Hill 14-41

27 minutes ago, bossman1 said:

I hope so….Surratt had the starting defense get back up when the VA Coach started calling time outs against the 2s and 3s..I think he got the hint and stopped doing it

Perhaps we’ll have a chance to see on Friday if the Van Alstyne coach learned that night the proper coaching etiquette in such situations.

• Like 1