Diboll vs LRA

Slickarick

Area Round  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Little River Academy Bumblebees
    • Diboll Lumberjacks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 01:00 AM

LRA won the Lineman Challenge up in Abilene this year while Hitchcock was winning the 7 on 7.  They have an excellent QB.  He been a starter the last 3 years.  Very tough runner with some speed and a decent passer.  An above average receiver corps.  They have a couple of good running backs.  
LRA has an above average defense. 
Front seven is where they excel. 
Against Hitchcock in the secondary they had their better athletes going both ways.   Playoff time I wouldn’t expect anything different. 
They appear very well coached.  
LRA was third in a very tough district 11. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

LRA won the Lineman Challenge up in Abilene this year while Hitchcock was winning the 7 on 7.  They have an excellent QB.  He been a starter the last 3 years.  Very tough runner with some speed and a decent passer.  An above average receiver corps.  They have a couple of good running backs.  
LRA has an above average defense. 
Front seven is where they excel. 
Against Hitchcock in the secondary they had their better athletes going both ways.   Playoff time I wouldn’t expect anything different. 
They appear very well coached.  
LRA was third in a very tough district 11. 

They won the 3a lineman challenge and got 2nd overall all behind a 6a team... that is impressive to beat out schools with way bigger enrollments. People always think 3a level schools don't have the talent.

• Like 1

Rain shouldn’t be a factor this Friday 

Diboll scoring 27 pts per game while giving up 11 points per game 

LRA scoring 43 pts per game while giving up 30 

Common opponents: Franklin 

Diboll lost 28-13

LRA lost 49-28

Diboll’s 2 losses were to Franklin & Madisonville 

LRA’s 2 losses were to Franklin & Lorena 

Edited by ballwatch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ballwatch said:

Diboll lost 28-13

LRA lost 49-28

Looking at these numbers, I give the edge to LRA.  I think LRA has played a much tougher schedule that has them better tested and prepared.

10 hours ago, ballwatch said:

Diboll lost 28-13

LRA lost 49-28

Diboll played Franklin week 3 and LRA played Franklin week 11

57 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

You think Coach Fannin rather see Diboll or LRA next round if they win this week?  I know his focus is this week but all coaches do peek ahead and look at the bracket 

Edited by ballwatch

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

The later you play the slot t the better they get. Timing and coming off the ball and the fakes all get better. ITs a beast the deeper in the season you go. 

11 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Yea, I think it’s Diboll or bust for District 9.  Shepherd and Woodville will get rolled.  WW might be competitive but unlikely to win.  

Westwood has the talent and the coaching to win.

Now, do they have the belief in the lockerroom that they can win? I'm not sure.

They are big enough and physical enough to put up a good fight.. The QB and skilled kids are talented enough to win.

Keeping this game close early on, having some success on offense and getting a stop or two will be huge confidence builders for them.

If they can get a lead and force some punts, get some confidence, this could be a close game in the end.

8 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Westwood has the talent and the coaching to win.

Now, do they have the belief in the lockerroom that they can win? I'm not sure.

They are big enough and physical enough to put up a good fight.. The QB and skilled kids are talented enough to win.

Keeping this game close early on, having some success on offense and getting a stop or two will be huge confidence builders for them.

If they can get a lead and force some punts, get some confidence, this could be a close game in the end.

That’s a hard pick, you want to pull for fellow district member like PW but you have a playoff newcomer like PW, versus a powerhouse that Lorena is, they’ve been here and won it all just a couple years ago.  I saw that PW hadn’t won a playoff game since 2007, which happened to be against Diboll.  PW has the players to pull off the upset.  This is going to come down to who develops the better game plan this week.   Will this game be too big for the young PW QB? I’m rooting for PW, hope they can pull off the upset 

4 hours ago, ballwatch said:

That’s a hard pick, you want to pull for fellow district member like PW but you have a playoff newcomer like PW, versus a powerhouse that Lorena is, they’ve been here and won it all just a couple years ago.  I saw that PW hadn’t won a playoff game since 2007, which happened to be against Diboll.  PW has the players to pull off the upset.  This is going to come down to who develops the better game plan this week.   Will this game be too big for the young PW QB? I’m rooting for PW, hope they can pull off the upset 

It does not matter what PW does Lorena will be way to much for them

On 11/13/2023 at 12:10 PM, Slickarick said:

I'm an East Texas guy. Anyone know anything on LRA? Jacks came off a good win. LRA beating Hitchcock was big. Must be pretty good Thought on this game ?

LRA in this one. They are a better Westwood. Westwood should have beaten Diboll. They had so many turnovers in the red zone. Give me LRA +10

On 11/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, TheDudeAbides said:

LRA in this one. They are a better Westwood. Westwood should have beaten Diboll. They had so many turnovers in the red zone. Give me LRA +10

Haha…not sure why all the district 9 teams keep saying they “should” have beat Diboll when they didn’t. Diboll walked through WW with a backup QB and a struggling offense. WW had plenty of extra possessions to get something done but they didn’t. 

LRA will be a tough test for Diboll, and if Diboll wins I’m willing to bet LRA fans will congratulate and move on instead of making excuses. 

Good luck to all of the District 9 teams tonight! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Haha…not sure why all the district 9 teams keep saying they “should” have beat Diboll when they didn’t. Diboll walked through WW with a backup QB and a struggling offense. WW had plenty of extra possessions to get something done but they didn’t. 

LRA will be a tough test for Diboll, and if Diboll wins I’m willing to bet LRA fans will congratulate and move on instead of making excuses. 

Good luck to all of the District 9 teams tonight! 

Diboll continues to roll, regardless of who is playing.

This is a testament to leadership, coaching, culture, and toughness.

Nobody is this District is anywhere close in any of these areas.

The reason Diboll keeps winning has more to do with intangibles rather that football talent. 

• Like 2