Red24

Westwood 9-2 vs Lorena 9-2   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Westwood vs Lorena

• Westwood
    • Lorena

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, 514 said:

Yes this game will be won on the line of scrimmage. Westwood is very skilled and athletic but Lorena up front may prove to be to much for them to win this game.

Westwood has the talent and the coaching to win.

Now, do they have the belief in the lockerroom that they can win? I'm not sure.

They are big enough and physical enough to put up a good fight.. The QB and skilled kids are talented enough to win.

Keeping this game close early on, having some success on offense and getting a stop or two will be huge confidence builders for them.

If they can get a lead and force some punts, get some confidence, this could be a close game in the end.

Westwood set up well for next couple of years. This year is going to provide a lot of experience for them. Look for them to be making noise in playoffs next two years . That being said Lorena will be to much for them this year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Westwood has the talent and the coaching to win.

Now, do they have the belief in the lockerroom that they can win? I'm not sure.

They are big enough and physical enough to put up a good fight.. The QB and skilled kids are talented enough to win.

Keeping this game close early on, having some success on offense and getting a stop or two will be huge confidence builders for them.

If they can get a lead and force some punts, get some confidence, this could be a close game in the end.

Westwood is not even close to being on Lorena level. Not skill wise or in the trenches. Sorry to break it to you but Lorena names the score

12 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Westwood is not even close to being on Lorena level. Not skill wise or in the trenches. Sorry to break it to you but Lorena names the score

Lorena is definitely the favorite, but Westwood has a better QB than Lorena. And Franklin too for that matter. The best athlete on the field will be playing for Westwood. And its not even close. 

6 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Lorena is just as skilled and athletic

I did not say Lorena was not as skilled. Seen both play. My point was I don’t think Westwood’ front 7 is not going to have much success against Lorena’s offensive line. Wish both team well and good luck 

Westwood has improved their season win total 5 straight years and they are definitely a program on the rise.  They have only won like 2 playoff games in their history, including last week. Going up against Lorena is a tall task.  It may not be WW’s time just yet. 

• Like 1

Lorena's strength of schedule looks so much better than Woodville, I think they're likely a heavier favorite than some may think.  Only two losses to two quality opponents that are regular contenders in 4AD1, China Spring and La Vega.  The did decent with China Spring and played La Vega to the wire.  Also with wins over Franklin and Little River looks very good for them.  I'm saying Lorena by 21.

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Lorena is definitely the favorite, but Westwood has a better QB than Lorena. And Franklin too for that matter. The best athlete on the field will be playing for Westwood. And its not even close. 

Nope you are wrong sorry. Westwood qb might be good but it takes a whole team. Lorena has d1 talent that has already committed. The best athlete on the field belongs to Lorena.

55 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Lorena's strength of schedule looks so much better than Woodville, I think they're likely a heavier favorite than some may think.  Only two losses to two quality opponents that are regular contenders in 4AD1, China Spring and La Vega.  The did decent with China Spring and played La Vega to the wire.  Also with wins over Franklin and Little River looks very good for them.  I'm saying Lorena by 21.

They were pretty banged up even by week 1. Couple players studs went down first scrimmage. They got fully healthy week 9. They played La Vega close with out a good amount of starters playing.

9 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Nope you are wrong sorry. Westwood qb might be good but it takes a whole team. Lorena has d1 talent that has already committed. The best athlete on the field belongs to Lorena.

Westwood will see the talent of Lorena up front and personal come Friday night. 
The Leopards are getting healthy and it’s starting to show in their play the last few weeks.   

29 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Where did I say anything about the “team”? Other than Lorena is the favorite? You said “Westwood is no match skill wise”. Westwood has the single best skill player in 3AD1. That would give WW an advantage at least in one position.

7 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Where did I say anything about the “team”? Other than Lorena is the favorite? You said “Westwood is no match skill wise”. Westwood has the single best skill player in 3AD1. That would give WW an advantage at least in one position.

Single best player in 3AD1? That is a reach. Couldn't even score a single td against diboll. I know they have a stout defense but for him to be one of the best players in the state and the best in 3ad1 you would think he could have done more. You are reaching

20 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Single best player in 3AD1? That is a reach. Couldn't even score a single td against diboll. I know they have a stout defense but for him to be one of the best players in the state and the best in 3ad1 you would think he could have done more. You are reaching

He is. I am aware that you do not want it to be true.